Andrew Shinnie looks a player now.

pcbear

I,m sure its been posted somewhere but this young man looks quality, i remember a few seasons ago he was voted the top player in a tourney in Hong Kong? and many thought then he would have done the biz in our first team, for whatever reason it never transpired and last night he looked really good,its criminal that this kid was allowed to go and flourish elsewhere, i know you cant keep them all but youth team/reserve watchers all predicted he had a good future with us.

Did we get any transfer or was he freed?

I,m sure its been posted somewhere but this young man looks quality, i remember a few seasons ago he was voted the top player in a tourney in Hong Kong? and many thought then he would have done the biz in our first team, for whatever reason it never transpired and last night he looked really good,its criminal that this kid was allowed to go and flourish elsewhere, i know you cant keep them all but youth team/reserve watchers all predicted he had a good future with us.

Did we get any transfer or was he freed?

He decided to leave as he was not getting a chance to show what he can do......this has been a problem for decades with us, boys with potential and talent not getting a run to prove they have what it takes.

At the time there were maybe more players infront of him if he had stayed who knows how well he would have done.

May have flopped playing for Rangers seems to be tough for the younger players given the expectation, even now in the third division its still hard to educate the crowd that shouting at young players or any player doesn't really help them.

I like the odd shout myself when i think players should be doing better so i'm equally guilty at times.

He was always well thought of with us but he had rotten luck with injuries and to be fair at the time we had players like Mendes, Thomson, Davis, Edu, all in front of him. Cant really say we did wrong letting him go at the time as he wouldnt have played....Also as good as he was last night the fact is our players inability and lack of work rate made him look even better than he is.

He decided to leave as he was not getting a chance to show what he can do......this has been a problem for decades with us, boys with potential and talent not getting a run to prove they have what it takes.

While others seem to get a run to prove they don't have what it takes.

I remember couple of seasons ago he came on in a friendly vs Newcastle and looked petrified anytime he got the ball, talents not always enough got to be mentally tough. I have friends who support the buddies and rave about Paul McGowan who never looked a player at the San giro, some players are destined to shine at a lower level. Fat Charlie classic example, predicted he wouldn't see a more than aseason at Liverpool

We were fighting for SPL titles and playing in Europe, he was below that standard at that time. What we should be trying to do more often is get the young guys on loan to SPL teams so they can get 1st team action and experience to see if they have what it takes at this level.

i wanted to applaud him off when he was subbed last night but i think most of the fans near me forgot he played for us judging by some of the abuse they were dishing out :lol: seems a good lad. as already mentioned he didn't celebrate his goal and was praising both sets of fans on Twitter

Just to add he didnt celebrate when he scored. I respect that :-)

He ran to the Broomloan/West Enclosure to celebrate in front of us when we played them last season, sure he also made a few twitter comments - absolute cretin.

We were fighting for SPL titles and playing in Europe, he was below that standard at that time. What we should be trying to do more often is get the young guys on loan to SPL teams so they can get 1st team action and experience to see if they have what it takes at this level.

The likes of Hutton and Wylde still managed to get first team activity amid these aims, so don't think it's a full excuse. The squad still wasn't the biggest.

Sometimes it takes a player to go to another club to find his feet and regular first team football which helps them become a better player, see the likes of Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas and Jordi Alba who were all in the Barcelona youth system before making their moves, only to arrive back at Barcelona as much better and more complete players.