Triple Injury Blow

Coplandbear11

ALLY McCOIST has been rocked by a triple injury blow as he contemplates the second quarter of the SFL 3 season.

David Templeton’s anticipated comeback has been put on hold because of a hamstring injury.

Sebastien Faure is facing five weeks out after he has surgery today on a hernia problem.

And Anestis Argyriou has ankle ligament damage which will undoubtedly keep him out for a number of weeks too.

McCoist still has Fran Sandaza and Kane Hemmings recovering from long term problems.

However, the good news is Lee Wallace should be back to face Peterhead on Saturday.

McCoist told the official web site: “We seem to have a bit of a jinx on the boys that have signed for us. They have not had much luck in terms of injuries.

“Sandaza is out long-term, Templeton has been out for three months, Seb Faure has had an operation today and Argyriou looks as though he will be out for a couple of weeks.

“The good thing is Lee Wallace is coming along nicely and we are hopeful that Emilson Cribari, who came off in the Alloa game, will be available for the weekend too.

“Templeton won’t play this weekend. The ankle is fine but he is struggling with a hamstring injury.

“During his rehab he tweaked a hamstring so that’s put a dampener on things.

“I don’t think Argyriou is as bad as was initially feared. You always worry when a player goes down when there is no-one near him as happened to him in the Alloa game.

“He has certainly damaged ankle ligaments and we will monitor this week and that will give us an indication of how long it will be but hopefully not as long as we first feared.

“Sebastien is having an operation today and he will be five weeks after that. So it never rains but it pours but we will get on with it.”

It's a blow yes but the form of Crawford, McKay, Jig, Sheils, Alexander, Aird shows we have the power we need..

Little looked dangerous on Saturday too ad will be gagging for a goal or two and big emil will hopefully yank his socks up and play for that contract extension he wants...

It's a blow but the form of the younger lads in particular leaves me confident they will be looking to put the Hurt on the bloo toon this weekend :)

Gutted for temps though. Really enjoy how he plays. Hamstrings are a funny thing though.. Knackered mine and told by doc I would be out for a month and then the following week it was right as rain. Just means his ankle gets more time to heal up. So might be a blessing in disguise.

I dont see why people are shocked to be honest, I dont know but about Argyriou before he joined us but Temps and Faure have a reputation for being injury prone and a long list of injuries.

Was hoping they would be behind them but it appears not.

Hopefully they can get back to fitness asap.

in fairness to temps hes been out for a few months and hamstring niggle injuries are common when players are returning from a long lay off.

pity he's yet to get going for us but its hardly fair to be judging him as a sicknote just yet.

hopefully the team can kick on from the weekend and by the time temps is ready we'll be flying. :21:

better that we make sure templeton is 100 % before pushing him back into the team. We dont want panic into rushing him back to soon only to have him back on the treatment table for another extended period.The game against alloa showed we have a plenty good squad for this league

disappointing but let's hope wee Barrie McKay now gets his chance from the start.

Our next team should be--

568184_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Luca Gasparotto

Kyle Hutton

Robbie Crawford

Andrew Little

Callum Gallagher

How can you take Shiels out of the forward line after his double and great link up with Jig?