www.buyrangers.org (RST scheme)

Bear_Necessities

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you pay £125 for a quarter share and you sign over any voting to these people and do not have your name on the share certificate...........you have to be of your head to do this.

Track record of the people running this..........................................

Its a pity the shares were set at £500 minimum though as it maybe a bit steep for some bears to get involved.

Anyone with common sense who finds it a struggle to fork out £500 should hold fire and buy after the initial interest , instead of paying a £125 for what is damm all.

Yes believe it was Bluepeter who suggested a way for fans to group together and form a club which to be honest sounds a better option.

No axe to grind personally with the RST, but this and it may be cynical of me just seems to me to be another effort for them to try and legitimise themselves as a voice of the fans, where if I have read correctly the membership is extremely small compared to the size of the fan base.

if its true dont see why fans should have to join the RST, in after all what is a seperate enterprise with its own board elected to oversee, what happens if you don't want to keep up membership, also as it is a not for profit scheme anybody actually looking at it as an investment will definitely see no return.

To be honest there does seem a couple of questions and answers missing from the site.

Just buy through an online broker for a £10, from £10 up to £10,000 worth of shares. They will hold your share in your online account but they are your nominate through the internet. Ask they to give you a paper certificate and they will send you your share certificate to your home(£20 to 30 fee I think), with your name on it and the dividend will go to your bank from Rangers as they will have been informed that you are the share holder and hold the certificate.

http://www.fool.co.uk/fool/free-report/sharedealing/home-154203.aspx

Its a pity the shares were set at £500 minimum though as it maybe a bit steep for some bears to get involved.

Your right it is a shame and £500 is a lot to the majority of people. However they couldn't make it any cheaper as it would further dilute the value and therefore potential for profit....(albeit many wouldn't be looking to make money from it)

From what I've read on here courtesy of a few links I've been sent I would not recommend getting involved in this scheme....there seems to be a history of financial discrepancies with the rst and I don't see the value in paying 125 quid with effectively nothing to show from it.

So, an opportunity for fans to actually take control themselves by investing themselves (or in small groups) is amazingly put into an attempted hi-jack by the RST, I'm astonished, would never have seen it coming.

Like I used to argue back in the days when the RST started up, over on the other site, personally, I find the idea of shelling out my hard-earned cash to someone, who will buy shares on my behalf (and pocket the 'admin fee') and then use my vote as they see fit, to be a little odd.

If you want to do that, have the money, but want someone else to take your decisions, good luck to you.

I can't see this scheme being successful. Many people don't like the RST particularly in relation to one man. You not only have to join the RST but you have to renew every year. What isn't clear is how much of your £125 or whatever goes towards buying the shares. Even if they do get 10,000 members to pay £125 that is only £2.5m which in their own words is only approx 10% of the Club. That percentage will likely be further reduced in my opinion when all the shares are sold. I just don't see the RST getting 10,000 members. I'm surprised that some smart people behind this scheme don't realise that they would increase their chances of success if one particular person was to resign (on a permanent basis).

If you buy your own shares now or later, you can attend the AGM and put any point across you like. There is no guarantee that you get that with the RST scheme.

To put it into perspective, even if the RST get 1,000 folk to pay £125 that's only £125,000, less than 0.6 of one per cent of the share issue. The share issue is unlikely to represent more than 50% of the total shares (and very possibly a good bit less) so that would represent less than 0.3 of one per cent of the club, say about 1/350th. They'd need three times that just to make sure the other shareholders don't have over 99%. There is no sense in which this is getting the fans any say whatsoever.

You can decide whether 'buyrangers' is an appropriate name.

If folk want to give a £125 donation to the RST, they should go ahead with this.

If folk can afford £500, they should consider subscribing direct.

If folk can afford £10,000, then with buyrangers you'll have the same vote as a guy that invested £125. You'd need to be something of a communist martyr to do this.

If folk want to have a share certificate, remember that £500 is only the minimum for the share issue - as soon as the shares are listed on AIM you will be able to buy as little as 1 share, framed, for the wall, probably for less than £20.

To put it into perspective, even if the RST get 1,000 folk to pay £125 that's only £125,000, less than 0.6 of one per cent of the share issue. The share issue is unlikely to represent more than 50% of the total shares (and very possibly a good bit less) so that would represent less than 0.3 of one per cent of the club, say about 1/350th. They'd need three times that just to make sure the other shareholders don't have over 99%. There is no sense in which this is getting the fans any say whatsoever.

You can decide whether 'buyrangers' is an appropriate name.

If folk want to give a £125 donation to the RST, they should go ahead with this.

If folk can afford £500, they should consider subscribing direct.

If folk can afford £10,000, then with buyrangers you'll have the same vote as a guy that invested £125. You'd need to be something of a communist martyr to do this.

If folk want to have a share certificate, remember that £500 is only the minimum for the share issue - as soon as the shares are listed on AIM you will be able to buy as little as 1 share, framed, for the wall, probably for less than £20.

Further on this as well where they quote if they raise 2.5million they will have a 10% stake in the club, wrong, it would be a 10% stake of the IPO.