www.buyrangers.org (RST scheme)

Bear_Necessities

If folk want to have a share certificate, remember that £500 is only the minimum for the share issue - as soon as the shares are listed on AIM you will be able to buy as little as 1 share, framed, for the wall, probably for less than £20.

This is probably a daft question but for someone who doesn't understand, how can you get a share for £20 when 1 share is £500

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still talking pish about getting one quarter of a share for £125 I see? Do you really think a share costs £500? Really? Is that the level of your knowledge on this topic and the advice you are giving to others? You think Supporters Direct and UEFA back this scheme because it's good for making money for the RST? What a crock of utter shit. Seriously, this is just embarrassing.

If you don't like the scheme fine but at least oppose it for real and not made up reasons.

tut tu md the sequel getting upset.....you have to control that as you will one day explode on tv one of your Spartanettes said on here that they will get a quarter of a share.....now if you seriously think , that I am of the opinion that a share will cost £500 then so be it.................Fury is such an apt name for you...........light switch on, light switch off.

Would ask one thing from you, can you post on here to let us know when you are appearing on tv, as I for one do not want to miss you do your hissy fit , as you do all to easily on here.

Yours in all things Rangers , not just for the self interest mob

Completely agree - it is a choice for people to make. Nobody is being forced to do anything. However the amount of shite being written on this thread about the scheme is not very helpful for people trying to make up their minds.

The shit as you so politely put seems to be evident when you appear, you love and lap up the praise but that weakness is s evident when questioned or a point made, that is the opposite of you and the Spartans, well not really Spartans as they numbered 300 and you lot max out at 100.

This is probably a daft question but for someone who doesn't understand, how can you get a share for £20 when 1 share is £500

£500 is the minimum investment not the share price, rumoured to be floated at £1.20 or £1.25 per share.

The minimum investment is seen as the lowest possible price to make everything worth while as in the prospectus etc..

What the Boss quoted was a possible cost of buying one share on the market and having it framed.

Certainly a lively debate on it all.

The thing I don't understand (and it may just be a perception issue) but what is the actual benefit to the fan of investing through the RST. I can see that the club gets money (more than people buying shares after the fact), I can see that those running the RST get a greater level of vote than they otherwise would have. But I don't see what the person who puts their £125 up gets.

There may be enough people out there who want to help the club, and just give it cash, but it seems a weird thing to do with your money. I am also assuming that if people can't reach the £500, then they aren't going to want to just write off £125 either.

On a wider level, for the RST concept to really work, it needs to be something much bigger than this, trying to own a vast percentage of the club, with potentially tens of thousands of fans. The other idea is that the fans own substantial amounts of the club, but as individuals, and effectively, democracy comes into play.

Again, everyone should make their own choice, I know where I would rather put my money. Some of the earlier comments from Fury are a little unfair, accusing people on this thread of spreading misinformation isn't really justified, and if there are errors, then it is fine just to correct them. It is at least worth accepting that the RST has a major perception issue, if nothing else, and the way to break through that would be through harmony, explanation and clarification, not aggression.

I'm unsure what say an organization with 1800 members will have when our fan base dwarfs that number.

My fear is many hears are like myself where the opinion on the rst have been noted by a variant of supporters yet the rst fail to want to make things fresh for those with issue.

That's the rub, is this a back door way for the RST to grow membership on the back of the IPO, by praying on fans desperate to take part at the beginning but can't afford the £500. At present they are a minority within the support and have personally seen nothing that would encourage me to have anything to do with them.

Would be a good idea to be able to question someone in the know, as the FAQ page to be honest is in the main pretty poor on the web site.

Certainly a lively debate on it all.

The thing I don't understand (and it may just be a perception issue) but what is the actual benefit to the fan of investing through the RST. I can see that the club gets money (more than people buying shares after the fact), I can see that those running the RST get a greater level of vote than they otherwise would have. But I don't see what the person who puts their £125 up gets.

There may be enough people out there who want to help the club, and just give it cash, but it seems a weird thing to do with your money. I am also assuming that if people can't reach the £500, then they aren't going to want to just write off £125 either.

On a wider level, for the RST concept to really work, it needs to be something much bigger than this, trying to own a vast percentage of the club, with potentially tens of thousands of fans. The other idea is that the fans own substantial amounts of the club, but as individuals, and effectively, democracy comes into play.

Again, everyone should make their own choice, I know where I would rather put my money. Some of the earlier comments from Fury are a little unfair, accusing people on this thread of spreading misinformation isn't really justified, and if there are errors, then it is fine just to correct them. It is at least worth accepting that the RST has a major perception issue, if nothing else, and the way to break through that would be through harmony, explanation and clarification, not aggression.

Very nicely put.

You have to know the past to understand the present. If you can see but choose to keep your eyes shut, you should be prepared for people to mock you for walking down a blind alley.

The solution is obvious to anyone who wishes to see.

You have to know the past to understand the present. If you can see but choose to keep your eyes shut, you should be prepared for people to mock you for walking down a blind alley.

The solution is obvious to anyone who wishes to see.

And that is ..............................

That's the rub, is this a back door way for the RST to grow membership on the back of the IPO, by praying on fans desperate to take part at the beginning but can't afford the £500. At present they are a minority within the support and have personally seen nothing that would encourage me to have anything to do with them.

Would be a good idea to be able to question someone in the know, as the FAQ page to be honest is in the main pretty poor on the web site.

If a fan cannot afford the £500 minimum then this scheme may be for them. If say another couple of thousand join this scheme it could also be a vehicle for change in the RST as members will get a vote on how the RST would vote at any club agm. I will be investing in my own name.

If a fan cannot afford the £500 minimum then this scheme may be for them. If say another couple of thousand join this scheme it could also be a vehicle for change in the RST as members will get a vote on how the RST would vote at any club agm. I will be investing in my own name.

Wasn't saying it wasn't, but think it needs a few more explains, as isn't there a case of

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You talk keech, why should someone hand over a £125 for one quarter of a share that is not even on their name.........explain how it's taking money from the club,

ED, it won't be a quarter share in fact it is likely to be £1 per share I would imagine. The IPO is set at a minimum purchase because it isn't worthwhile selling fewer shares to individuals.

I do agree that this RST scheme is doomed to failure.

You think bears are going to buy shares then sell them right after the IPO? You'll be buying from investment funds if anyone. If you would rather they benefit than the club then fine but don't kid on you're a paragon of virtue.

Surely you have no problem with fans buying shares from investment funds as that means they will be in relatively safe hands. As for the Club not getting the benefit, the Club will already have had the benefit from the initial sale to the investment funds.

I cannot see this RST scheme being a success. The presence of one individual in particular will ensure there is no unity.

There is nothing to prevent the minority (fan) shareholders from organising themselves into a group for voting purposes at an AGM. In the internet age and with supporter forums, it would be relatively easy. That way the fans have their own shares and can raise any point they wish at an AGM. They can also attend said AGM.

As a matter of interest, how much of the £125 would be used to purchase shares?

A potentially good thread derailed by the usual snidey posts by people who hate the RST.

I don't think there's many who hate the RST per se, but don't let that fact get in the way of your deliberate misrepresentation of certain posts.

Give me all the money you can afford, then I'll buy as much shares as I see fit, then you can contact me with any ideas you have for the best of the club.

I'll listen to your ideas and put your points across to other people, to see if they agree, then we will have a vote on your ideas, to see how that would affect how we need to go forward with your/our ideas.

Then we will take the crux of our ideas to the board.

YOU WILL STILL HAVE A SAY THOUGH.

Yea, right.

Edit, you will own the right for me/us to do as we see fit with your money and ideas!

Surely you have no problem with fans buying shares from investment funds as that means they will be in relatively safe hands. As for the Club not getting the benefit, the Club will already have had the benefit from the initial sale to the investment funds.

I cannot see this RST scheme being a success. The presence of one individual in particular will ensure there is no unity.

There is nothing to prevent the minority (fan) shareholders from organising themselves into a group for voting purposes at an AGM. In the internet age and with supporter forums, it would be relatively easy. That way the fans have their own shares and can raise any point they wish at an AGM. They can also attend said AGM.

As a matter of interest, how much of the £125 would be used to purchase shares?

£125

A potentially good thread derailed by the usual snidey posts by people who hate the RST.

Surely going by the response...it is not a good thread, as the vast majority (if not all) are advising against people going down the line in buying into RST. Talked me out of it anyways!

125 plus a yearly 10 quid fee according to the leaflet at the game..

Yep, you legally have to be a member of the RST to take part. The same as you have to be a member of any other football club trust to take part in one of their SD schemes.

It's a simple case of help the club here fans please but help us first. If I was pulling the strings at the rst I would embrace change in any way that makes the trust grow BUT it ain't solely about the trust and if thr is obstacles preventing the rst from growing thus not having the desired effect for the benefit of the club, well thrs a broken cog somewhere.