Most obscure signings of recent years

TerryTibbs

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo Edu was certainly a shock signing no one expected us to sign a guy who we had never heard of from the MLS for £2.6 Million, infact I remember there was some protest against Murray at the front door of Ibrox then a car pulled with with Jardine and Edu in it no one new who he was but the "protesters" all seemed to forget why they were there and started clapping and cheering :lol: Edu must have thought all those people were lined up waiting to greet him :lol:

An Austrian guy named Alex Hauser...?!!?

Amazing to think the millions that Advocaat spunked away...

We had a first team squad of around 50 players round about the 1999/2000 season :lol: . A loss of £35M in the transfer market when he arrived... compare it to McLeish's first season when he made a £10M profit.

Big Eck done some job, looking back... two championships, a treble, last 16 of Champions League and a few cups to boot! (tu)

Here's a cracker... paul Reid. Signed for £600,000 in 2000 and never kicked a baw.

Beat that.

(tu) im sure Reid said a few months back he wasnt suprised at the level of debt we had at one point as Advocaat spent all that money on him and called him Peter every time he saw him haha

Zurab (won't even attempt to spell his surname :lol: )

If you're referring to Khizanishvili (and yes, I did google it :lol:) I think it's a bit harsh compared to some of the others! I genuinely don't remember half of them :lol:.

Ortiz always came across as a weird one to me. Could have put my life savings on him being away within a season.

If you're referring to Khizanishvili (and yes, I did google it :lol:) I think it's a bit harsh compared to some of the others! I genuinely don't remember half of them :lol:.

Ortiz always came across as a weird one to me. Could have put my life savings on him being away within a season.

i agree he was actually a decent player for us, i thought he was quite an unexpected signing though. i remember he changed the name on his top 3 times. originally he had Khizanishvili (copy and paste :craphead: ) , then Zurab, then Zura :lol: