Brendan Rodgers Liverpool ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I actually quite like him, watch that 'being Liverpool' programme and he came across very well. I like his footballing and managerial philosophy, despite him name being Brendan.

I thought his team talks and coaching techniques were pretty amatuerish actually. :ph34r: Oh and he adores Neil Lennon and Celtic.

It's not the same as Swansea where they all gave thr all, collectively achieved summit quit spectacular by getting little Swansea to the big time and all yhe good feel factor that cones with, Liverpool on the other hand imo have a long way to go, they should be doing better really but do the players have the fight? The Henderson money, the Carroll money and that LM forget his name, that money could have them sitting top four, that shit ex manager/legend has done more damage than any bottom half finish would ever do for that shitty club

He'll do well for them.

There's already signs that they are starting to gel. If he can shift the liked of Henderson, Downing, Carroll etc. and bring in his own players I can see them challenging for the top 4 soon.

If they stick with him then next season or the 1 after they will be up there.

I thought he came across in a really cringeworthy manner on 'Being Liverpool'. He had a touch of the David Brent about him at times, and spoke to some of the players like they were children.

I haven't been impressed with his signings so far either. Borini looked poor before he got injured, whereas Sahin and Allen have been neat and tidy without offering much else.

An injury to either Suarez or Sterling and Liverpool will be in serious trouble. They have so few attacking options in the squad.

some managers seem to do a lot better when they have next to nothing to spend i.e. Rodgers, Hodgson, Hughes. also, i have a mistrust of managers who say 'i need time' when they first arrive. so what's going to happen in the next 2 or 3 seasons? its ok to get beat because it will be great in 2016?

I disagree, I think their starting to look like a side who could challenge top 4 with a bit of money spent in January and a fully fit Suarez.

Havn't lost in 7 games, are starting to convert draws into wins, and have an easy run in the league in December. Could be 6th/7th place come January.

The teams above them aren't up to much either, Spurs just look dreadful atm. Arsenal aren't the same side anymore (still think they'll get 4th, Wenger has the magic touch), Newcastle havn't impressed me at all this season, and West Ham and West Brom will hit a rough patch at some point.

I think they'll get 5th this year, probably between them and Everton to challenge Arsenal

Normal hysteria in football, first couple of result he's pish then suddenly an upturn and he'll have Liverpool in the CL by this time next year.

The truth as usual lies somewhere in the middle he's neither a poor manager but lets face it I don't think he's man to take Liverpool back to the being the team at the forefront of English Football (tu)

He's got a massive chance to turn it all around between now and the January transfer window:

Swansea (A)

Spurs (A)

Southampton (H)

West Ham (A)

Aston Villa (H)

Fulham (H)

Stoke (A)

QPR (A)

Besides Spurs, you couldn't really ask for a much better run of games.

They won't beat Stoke or West Ham and spurs will probably beat them.

Liverpool have gone seven EPL games without defeat, 3 wins 4 draws. The next 8 games will define the season. No reason why there shouldn't be 5 wins 2 draws 1 defeat. If that happens Liverpool will be top six and challenging for CL. New players will arrive in January and I would expect a top 4 finish. If on the other hand defeats at Swansea and Spurs are followed by some abject form against the lower echelons I would expect some serious criticism from the fans.

His job would be 100 easier if the club gathered their fans together and explained that Liverpool had a great team in the 80's but they have to look to the present and realise they are a long way away from winning a significant trophy.

He is trying to build a youthful team and if the club/fans give him 3-5 years then they will see significant progress. His job was always going to be difficult though when you inherit poor players on mind boggling wages that you have to get rid off before you buy a real quality partner for Suarez