The Hatton vs Senchenko Thread

Skelf

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with boxers coming back for a big pay day?

Your careers over move on!

I know, man, but I would imagine a fighter.in his 30s would find it hard to chuck it as he would still have a bit to offer despite how many

$ in the bank.

It seems like Ricky is fighting for his own self esteem. Not sure if that's a good thing.

60s in the end.

'It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you get hit, but keep moving forward'.

Is this an easy fight for Rick?

Senchenko's a former world champion at welterweight. His only loss came when Malignaggi (who Hatton beat) stopped him.

It all depends on how much Hatton has lost. If he's anywhere near as good as he used to be, then this really shouldn't be a problem for him. But.............

Senchenko's a former world champion at welterweight. His only loss came when Malignaggi (who Hatton beat) stopped him.

It all depends on how much Hatton has lost. If he's anywhere near as good as he used to be, then this really shouldn't be a problem for him. But.............

Might have a cheeky punt on Senchenko in that case. Will check the Billy Dodds now.

Had to listen through lunch today 3 divs I work with who haven't got a clue about boxing how they can't wait for 'Rickys' comeback and how big huge boxing/hatton fans they are? Me being a horrible cunt just piped up with 'Obviously the pacquiao and mayweather fights were pretty disastrous so other than them what were your favourite hatton fights?' needless to say the fuckers looked dumbfounded

Nigel Benn once said, if you are fighting at a level that you can win titles then the money will follow, but if you are fighting for money it will only end in pain. I sincerely hope this is not the case, but my heart tells me different.

I don`t want to see Ricky fight again at this level, I can`t see him surpassing his previous best, in which he fell short when it counted. I for one will not be paying for the fight.

I don't think he's coming back for the money to be honest. If he's coming back for anything other than what he is telling us then it's for a TV deal.

Prime Hatton gets rid of Senchenko inside 7 or 8, but I'm doubtful if Ricky will be anywhere near his old self. Looking forward to it anyhow.

Going for Hatton on points, but it could be close.

Well look out for myself, Gillette , and mond1690 from here who will be at fight. I will have king William flag on display :D

Will try and give you a bell skelf when we head out the hotel , maybe meet up for a drink before it close to the arena

Hopefully we will be down early enough

Will try and give you a bell skelf when we head out the hotel , maybe meet up for a drink before it close to the arena

Hopefully we will be down early enough

No problem mate. We are having a swally in hotel just now. I got here at 7pm tonight but my mate was at weigh in and got his pics took with malignaggi. Said it was bouncing. Michael buffer is doing fight tomorrow

Hattons a 1/4 favourite. I'll be taking a punt on Senchenko. Hatton isn't the slick operator that Malignaggi is (i now he dominated paulie before someone points that out) - but styles make fights.

He's goign to be the same old pressure fighter as always. Except, he's in with a legit welterweight who fought in 5 consecutive world title bouts while ricky Hatton has been pigging out on pints & charlie weighing over 200 pounds. At the wigh-in Senchenko looked bigger & healthier - he'll rehydrate overnight and outweigh Hatton in the ring.

I hope i'm wrong, I'd love to see Hatton come out and perform somewhere near his brilliant bestt o set-up a bout with Amir Khan, but i think he's made a mistake picking a solid ranked Welter for a comeback fight. Lucian Bute showed last week how hard it is coming back from a devestating stoppage defeat with a hard fought narrow victory over a novice.... add 3 years of torment, depression & rehab to that, and thats Ricky Hatton.

Hattons a 1/4 favourite. I'll be taking a punt on Senchenko. Hatton isn't the slick operator that Malignaggi is (i now he dominated paulie before someone points that out) - but styles make fights.

He's goign to be the same old pressure fighter as always. Except, he's in with a legit welterweight who fought in 5 consecutive world title bouts while ricky Hatton has been pigging out on pints & charlie weighing over 200 pounds. At the wigh-in Senchenko looked bigger & healthier - he'll rehydrate overnight and outweigh Hatton in the ring.

I hope i'm wrong, I'd love to see Hatton come out and perform somewhere near his brilliant bestt o set-up a bout with Amir Khan, but i think he's made a mistake picking a solid ranked Welter for a comeback fight. Lucian Bute showed last week how hard it is coming back from a devestating stoppage defeat with a hard fought narrow victory over a novice.... add 3 years of torment, depression & rehab to that, and thats Ricky Hatton.

Can't disagree with any of this. I really hope Ricky can perform somewhere near his best but it will be such a big ask against a solid opponent like Senchenko.

Senchenko on points is 11/1 on skybet. If he gets his jab working and Hatton sticks to his usual gameplan of marching forward with his chin, Senchenko could nick a lot of the rounds on the cleaner boxing.

In saying that, Malignaggi stopped Senchenko and he isn't exactly blessed with knockout power (far from it!) so maybe if Hatton can put him under serious pressure early he could get at him and force the stoppage. Either way, I can't wait to watch it.

Can't disagree with any of this. I really hope Ricky can perform somewhere near his best but it will be such a big ask against a solid opponent like Senchenko.

Senchenko on points is 11/1 on skybet. If he gets his jab working and Hatton sticks to his usual gameplan of marching forward with his chin, Senchenko could nick a lot of the rounds on the cleaner boxing.

In saying that, Malignaggi stopped Senchenko and he isn't exactly blessed with knockout power (far from it!) so maybe if Hatton can put him under serious pressure early he could get at him and force the stoppage. Either way, I can't wait to watch it.

The thing is though, Malignaggi stopped Senchenko with accurate punching from range over 4-ish rounds to open up a cut on Senchenko's face. It was accurate marksmanship, and then continued accurate sniping on the cut got him the stoppage in the 9th or 10th.

It's not like Malignaggi blasted him out of their leaving us questioning Senchenkos chin.

From the little i've seen of Senchenko, he looks uncomfortable up close & prefers to box from range.... just like Malignaggi actually. But Hatton works his way with such fantastic pressure he dominated Malignaggi in close, winning every round with ease. From that point of view, it expect a prime Ricky Hatton to beat Senchenko - but even then, a prime Ricky Hatton always looked uncomfortable in the 147 division.

I'll be cheering on Hitman, but i'll be putting a sneaky 5ver on Senchenko.