WARNING - Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST

boss

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we'll not go down that road.

Just show some brains and don't do it. It's the last thing the site or anyone on it needs.

Pretty simple request I think.

Indeed, now here is some sense.

It all makes great reading though given that as many have said and typed before on here and elsewhere too.... it Will help in the putting a stop to MANY a poor worded, often potty-mouthed posting....

I welcome it tbh.

So, given that Focus act on complaints, is it reasonable to assume that person or persons unknown are monitoring this site on a regular basis in the hope of finding something to complain about?

I'd put money on that, yeah.... you're not wrong man.

Bitter and twisted are everywhere.... and they only make up 16% of the population... true to what is 'said'... it's always as in ALWAYS the minorities who make the most of issues and SHOUT about it....'that lot' would have the ill-informed that 'they ' are or rather have a 50/50 shout here in Scotland.... NO 'they' don't..... 'they' just mouth-off a LOT is all.

Indeed, now here is some sense.

It all makes great reading though given that as many have said and typed before on here and elsewhere too.... it Will help in the putting a stop to MANY a poor worded, often potty-mouthed posting....

I welcome it tbh.

Sorry mate but Rangers fans, in fact football fans in general, come from all walks of life with many degrees of intellect. Some Very clever some not so clever.

However freedom of speech must prevail.

I think your post is pretty condescending to be honest, even if it wasn't meant to be.

Sorry mate but Rangers fans, in fact football fans in general, come from all walks of life with many degrees of intellect. Some Very clever some not so clever.

However freedom of speech must prevail.

I think your post is pretty condescending to be honest, even if it wasn't meant to be.

Really ?

Nah, I think you're reading too much into it tbh.... your opinion though... :)

What details do you have of members?

I know your inside leg measurement ;)

Seriously, we know what you give us. I guess a warrant would reveal every IP address you've used, your email address, etc. It's not something I'd like to take a chance on the police forensics people being able to decipher if they set their minds to it.

I'm not in favour of the draconian laws, and in particular the presumption that something is offensive if someone claims to be offended by it, but there is a simple solution: don't post anything you could be arrested for...

So, given that Focus act on complaints, is it reasonable to assume that person or persons unknown are monitoring this site on a regular basis in the hope of finding something to complain about?

It might be a good idea to assume that someone is employed - at least in part - by a rival 'organisation' who might benefit from Rangers fans being portrayed as bigots, to trawl through forums such as this finding posts to complain about. Not that I'm saying that's the case, you understand. If it was, I guess FoCUS would be fed up of complaints from this 'organisation' and wish they would stop, but be duty bound to investigate.

In this hypothetical case, the best thing to do is not give them anything arrestable. Eventually, FoCUS will be so fed up of frivolous complaints they will start ignoring them (tu)

Not that I'm suggesting this, but has anyone ever bothered to log onto any rival club forums? I'd put money on there being 'offensive' and pro terrorist material contained in threads / posts.

'People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...'

Faux-offended dhim-wits make me sick, get a life / job / consenting partner of legal age! to fill the sad chasm that is your world.

All Rangers forums are subject to intense scrutiny. The press can fabricate stories and hack dead school wains phones, bribe public officials and interfere with criminal investigations, yet they are fit to judge us? Sad state of affairs when it is illegal to love your club.

All Rangers forums are subject to intense scrutiny. The press can fabricate stories and hack dead school wains phones, bribe public officials and interfere with criminal investigations, yet they are fit to judge us? Sad state of affairs when it is illegal to love your club.

Jesus suffering fuck. I've said many times on this thread that I don't like this law, it's politics of guilt gone mad.

Having said that, it has nothing to do with phone hacking or the press. This is state interference by the Scottish Nationalist Party, nothing more or less. Anyone voting for this party deserves everything they get.

BP,

Can i say what i like from OZ???

I guess we can say what we like and take the chance the Polis won't extradite us to Britain,Stewie :pipe: Then again, they might give us a free holiday at the expense of Her Majesty....(I want a 3 day stopover in Singapore)

It's like a reverse sending convicts to Botany Bay,mate! :D

Seriously, we know what you give us. I guess a warrant would reveal every IP address you've used, your email address, etc. It's not something I'd like to take a chance on the police forensics people being able to decipher if they set their minds to it.

I'm not in favour of the draconian laws, and in particular the presumption that something is offensive if someone claims to be offended by it, but there is a simple solution: don't post anything you could be arrested for...

To obtain these details the police need to satisfy the legal authorities that the information they seek is justified and seeking it by this method is proportionate to the alleged offence committed.

If they serve you with a warrant ask them what their justification was for obtaining it, is it proportionate, who issued it, what alleged offences have been committed and who is the complainant.

In the big world of the internet there is much much more offensive stuff posted than you would ever see on here therefore I would suggest their application for the details of the poster is neither justified or in particular proportionate in the big scheme of things.

It is apparent from Leveson (Elephant in the room) that policing of the internet is like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dyke.

Selective prosecution of people solely on the basis that they are on a football forum is wrong and a good lawyer would have a field day with this.

To obtain a fair trial your lawyer would seek disclosure of any material which would assist the defence or undermine the prosecution case.

I would submit that the details of the initial complaint to the Police (ie who trawled through thousands of posts to be offended) is relevant to the case and clearly could assist the defence or undermine the prosecution.

I see the compliant Dixon Of Mock Green types have already started their Scottish Nazi Party desired clampdown.

Leggat's Blog from earlier in the week has been removed after he got a knock on his door from PC Plod.

The threat of a Friday-night lie-in was enough for the shit to start running down the legs of this "fearless seeker of thruth".

As hard as nails is Leggo.

Rock-fucking-solid,man. :shifty:

I know the obvious things like ftp or actually threatening people but is there a definitive list of what you can or cant post??

I know the obvious things like ftp or actually threatening people but is there a definitive list of what you can or cant post??

You can't mention the wee fat bug-eyed pie-muncher (fish-face) by name, or hint that his Scottish Nazi Party and their Draconian Laws are bending the knee to the minority RC Church leadership. Further, you can't call the snooping bastards of the Thought-Plod, er....snooping bastards, because apparently they're only doing their job....a job many of them enjoy since they're 'snooping bastards' to begin with.

You're also not allowed to question the snooping bastards of Plod Central to enquire WHY it is that Rangers supporters buses (and Rangers buses only) are subject to a form of harassment last seen in Nazi Germany (there's that Nazi link again) which infringes our Human Rights.

You're not allowed to question the football authorities as to why they're still withholding monies owed to our club.

Other than that...you can say pretty much anything else you can think of, as long as it's cleared by little bug-eyes and his Scottish Nazi Party brown shirts.

You can't mention the wee fat bug-eyed pie-muncher (fish-face) by name, or hint that his Scottish Nazi Party and their Draconian Laws are bending the knee to the minority RC Church leadership. Further, you can't call the snooping bastards of the Thought-Plod, er....snooping bastards, because apparently they're only doing their job....a job many of them enjoy since they're 'snooping bastards' to begin with.

You're also not allowed to question the snooping bastards of Plod Central to enquire WHY it is that Rangers supporters buses (and Rangers buses only) are subject to a form of harassment last seen in Nazi Germany (there's that Nazi link again) which infringes our Human Rights.

You're not allowed to question the football authorities as to why they're still withholding monies owed to our club.

Other than that...you can say pretty much anything else you can think of, as long as it's cleared by little bug-eyes and his Scottish Nazi Party brown shirts.

Welcome to the dictatorship of Scotland (td)

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2][non-primary source needed] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.

Godwin's law is often cited in online discussions as a deterrent against the use of arguments in the widespread Reductio ad Hitlerum form. The Reductio ad Hitlerum attempts to refute a view because it has been held by Hitler. The rule does not make any statement about whether any particular reference or comparison to Adolf Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that the likelihood of such a reference or comparison arising increases as the discussion progresses, irrespective of whether it is appropriate. Precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.

Although in one of its early forms Godwin's law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions, the law is now often applied to any threaded online discussion, such as forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, and has been invoked for the inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches

Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis. The law and its corollaries would not apply to discussions covering known mainstays of Nazi Germany such as genocide, eugenics or racial superiority, nor, more debatably, to a discussion of other totalitarian regimes or ideologies, if that was the explicit topic of conversation, since a Nazi comparison in those circumstances may be appropriate, in effect committing the fallacist's fallacy. Whether it applies to humorous use or references to oneself is open to interpretation, since this would not be a fallacious attack against a debate opponent.

Godwin has stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons. "Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust," Godwin has written