Boycott Poll

Jamie0202

Dundee United Boycott  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay. With all the threads on boycotting this fixture thought I would make a poll. Votes are not public. So are you for or against a boycott?

• For a boycott
    • Against a boycott
    • Undecided

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boards were jam packed about Boycotts at the tail end of last season, most said it was not the time but from next season it would be differen...

That time has come and some of the same people are now backtracking giving various excuses as to why it again is not the time...

When is the time guys?

Or was this a case of all talk fuck all action?

It's a difficult one because it's not black and white by any means.

I hate that club with a passion and I really want to hurt them. I want revenge but is this really going to do the trick?

The problem here is the splitting of gate receipts. I know it would be against the point to pick and choose which games to boycott but if it were a league game, a lack of a fan presence from Rangers would hurt them but I don't think the effect is quite as significant with this cup game.

Also, if we are planning a boycott for this, they will more than likely sell more tickets for their home end than they would have originally. It would be a large home crowd and we would probably struggle on the pitch.

It's a catch 22 but for me, this time we support the team and help our own club out by giving ourselves some gate money and giving our team the best chance.

When we get back to playing teams like this in the league, then the boycotts should take place.

I'll be honest though, I can see both sides of the argument and I'm not entirely sure where I stand either way.

Be rest assured though, if tickets are made available to Rangers fans, Rangers fans will turn up for this game

The boards were jam packed about Boycotts at the tail end of last season, most said it was not the time but from next season it would be differen...

That time has come and some of the same people are now backtracking giving various excuses as to why it again is not the time...

When is the time guys?

Or was this a case of all talk fuck all action?

To be fair much of it was said when we still felt we would be in the SPL this season.

In this position we have a game where the team will be playing a side three divisions above in what is bound to be a poisonous atmosphere and the gate being split 50-50.

I'm actually for the boycott but can see that it's a difficult decision.

It's a difficult one because it's not black and white by any means.

I hate that club with a passion and I really want to hurt them. I want revenge but is this really going to do the trick?

The problem here is the splitting of gate receipts. I know it would be against the point to pick and choose which games to boycott but if it were a league game, a lack of a fan presence from Rangers would hurt them but I don't think the effect is quite as significant with this cup game.

Also, if we are planning a boycott for this, they will more than likely sell more tickets for their home end than they would have originally. It would be a large home crowd and we would probably struggle on the pitch.

It's a catch 22 but for me, this time we support the team and help our own club out by giving ourselves some gate money and giving our team the best chance.

When we get back to playing teams like this in the league, then the boycotts should take place.

I'll be honest though, I can see both sides of the argument and I'm not entirely sure where I stand either way.

Be rest assured though, if tickets are made available to Rangers fans, Rangers fans will turn up for this game

An extra 5000 fans x£20 /2 =£50,000!

And it won't even be as much as that! A measly 50k is the amount that is stopping us from boycotting...

Deary me

They made it clear they dont want anything to do with us. I am more than happy to respect their wishes. We have to be conscious of a few things though.

1. Is it workable? - if a few people decide to go and the majority boycott we just look a bit sad.

2. How will it be presented in the media? - rather than us being portrayed as taking a stand, will we be portrayed as trying to destroy scottish football because of our own perceived bitterness at what was done to us?

3. What is the official CG/Rangers stance? whatever the club say we should do - then we should follow that. We love our club more than we hate others.

It's a tough decision to make, and not on the basis of "It's Scumdee United, FUCK THEM!!!".

It is not a decision anyone should really be quick to make. I remember people were for the boycott of all SPL club's away in the Cup games but some, myself included, were torn because these are smallish stadiums and won't make a huge amount of money, in contrast to that if the game was at Ibrox.

Not only that, we have lost a shit load of players through what has happened. Both value and talent has been lost but has been replaced with young talent from Murray Park who CAN reach high standards as we seen against Motherwell and they NEED our support.

However, I don't know when DU would be hurt most... a one off home Cup tie or 2 top flight home games without a full strength Rangers support every season?

I've said against, just because the team needs us and the gate is split. Personally I would rather wait until we return to the top league before boycott's like this, especially because the Scottish Cup is IMO a good chance to have a real run.

But I totally understand it's a very personal opinion and that others will differ.

The cup game will hurt them more as this is now.....plus they have to give us a split of the cash...................so fuck them and let that little cunt know all about it..............biggest tie he could have got and the one he didn't want...............so giving thi bastard money should be a no brainer.

NO TO BUYING TICKETS FOR THIS GAME, AND NO TO PUR BOARD ATTENDING THE GAME.

Boycotting it NOT given any spl team my money..Yea it might make The Rangers, loose out but I like many other fans give the club enough money over a season for this not to effect us at all. Also the other reason is the Tv camera's are prob going to be there...That again will help save Dundee something I have no interest in doing is saving SPL cubs... They tried to kill us.. never forget that lads