Billy Boys

Union Jack

There's no doubt that when Hello Hello rings out around the stadium, it makes for one of the loudest, proudest and most intimidating anthems ever, so I would love to see us agree on a version which would let us bring it back, albeit in modified form.

Here's my stab at a it:

Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys

Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys

We are the Rangers then and now

Forever hear our noise

For we are the Rangers Billy Boys

Thoughts?

Hullo, hullo, we are the Billy Boys

Hullo, hullo, YOU'LL know us by our Noise !

We're always off to see our team at Ibrox or away

For We are the Glasgow Rangers boys.

Now if everyone could get their heads around to singing the same..... we'd not only once again have The Loudest chant in football History but it'd be a Massive up you to all fenians in Scotland and indeed Europe and not one thing can be construed as offensive... it CAN'T be banned !

Its not bad but i dont think we should be reffering to then and now because we have always been here, also i think we now owe it to the club to have the final say on whichever version we the fans plump for, get the green light so to speak.

I love the song and think it makes the team play better specially on European nights and against the sheep n scum but the press would cum in their pants if they heard us singing this sweary words or not , we are simply not allowed to sing it cause they know it makes all the other teams crumble . :7325:

what is the point in changing whole versus?? either change the one word to rebel or something or don't change it atall, all these suggestions of versus about the gers etc are so shit and ive heard loads, keep the song change the word or better still change the fucking law.

what is the point in changing whole versus?? either change the one word to rebel or something or don't change it atall, all these suggestions of versus about the gers etc are so shit and ive heard loads, keep the song change the word or better still change the fucking law.

Unfortunately mate, to change the one word to rebel wouldn't alter the perception of some that the song is sectarian in nature, and would continue to lay us open to damaging criticism. The fact is we are sat with the law as it is.

OK, my suggested lyrics might not be great, and let's have some decent suggestions, but the fact is we either change it significantly, or we accept it's lost to us forever.

What do you prefer?

Not this shit again... doh

EDIT: Came off a bit cruder than I intended, with all due respect to OP this thread has been done ten thousand times and it's never gone anywhere

Tbf its wading through feinian blood, takes time to get places wading through that :wink: (disclaimer for focus, i am not nor ever have or ever will, advocating wading through fenian blood, im just pointing out the impracticalitys of such an action)