£9 million budget for stadium improvements...

wearethepeople1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do??

A Definate "clean up" of the ground is needed.

Safe standing in the enclosures?

Add capacity?

Do we really need more hospitality at the moment?

Would love to see the capacity increased somehow

I don't think he's talking about hospitality, think he's talking about the pie stalls etc. He says it's to make the fans experiences better.

Maybe we could add more Rangers murals on the walls like the one thats on the copland walls.

A jet wash of the stadium is needed. And i would take that family stand sign off the broomloan. It just looks shite TBH.

I obviuosly don't see whats needing to be done but Green says some general maintenance needs done as it's not been done for 2 years.

£9 mil Seems pretty excessive for repairs. I understand these things are expensive but not that expensive. If 9 mil was to be spent on the stadium I would like to think there would be something to show for it

Bear in mind things like the undersoil heating and other unseen things probably haven't been upgraded in a long time.

I think our cooperate facilities need an upgrade and I would like a more permanent ticket office...I think the idea of creating a bar/cafe at Edminton house is a great idea as well...make it more like it is at the better grounds down south where around the stadium there is lots to do.

I don't think we need to up the capacity,tidy up what needs done and bank the rest.

No point in having a 60,000 seater stadium that will only sell out 3 or 4 times a year.

If we had an extra 10,000 seats I'm pretty confident that we would sell more season tickets every season. And to be fair this season a side we were only filling 50,000 3 or 4 times a season and CL games.

This is probably posted elsewhere, but this is what they say in the prospectus:

Ground development

The Directors have identified various opportunities to improve the experience at Ibrox for its fans and believes that this has the potential for generating additional revenue for the Company. These improvements include an upgrade of the Rangers Group’s ticket sales operations at Ibrox, as well as improving and enlarging the size of the Club shop to produce a more enjoyable experience for fans wanting to buy Club memorabilia.

In addition, the Company believes that there is scope for improving amenities within the ground, including expanding the number of bar and food kiosks.

What did CG mean when questioned about G51 by John McKay "not up for discussion during this debate"

G51 refers to the wider plans for the area that were proposed, those words you've quoted sound pretty agressive :lol: Pretty sure that's not the exact way he worded it but was just indicating to McKay that it wasn't what they were discussing at the time.