David Leggat - Your Honest Opinion ?

Ace

I have today, read Leggo's blog about him being dropped by TalkSport because of the 'yahoo's' phoning in & complaining.

He pontificates about the injustice of it all & then begs (essentially) all us bears to buy his book about Scott Symon ... his advertising tool is not to extholl the good stories of Symon buy to use the boogie-man of Jock Stein as a marketing tool.

I have read alot of Leggo's blogs, there have been a few which have been on the money but, sadly, many have been rants about the target of his ire, they have ranged from an obsession with Graham Spiers to his rants about Charles Green.

Today's blog complains about being kicked off TalkSport, yet earlier in the year he celebrates when we managed to complain and then have removed, the serialisation of Phil3Names book, a similar show of fan power.

For me that is the bigger issue, Leggo is OUR Phil, he is the one that has ideas above his station, believes he is the purveyor of truth & justice on behalf of the Rangers support, except most hold him in a position of derision, just as Phil is across the city.

There will always be those (and there are many) who consider him a shaft of light, shining down on the corrupt & exposing them to the light of truth .... for me, he is man who uses the support to lift himself above us.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used to like reading leggo's stuff but recently it has lost its way, proberbly he needs a good holiday away from it all. Its been a tough couple of years for us all and i think it is taking its toll on some worse than others.

time to step back and take a breath, then when feeling better and more level headed re-enter the fight.

I thought it was a bit low to pander to that. If the book is good enough, you don't have to use that form of marketing.

I am interested in buying Leggo's book, but only because I want to know more about Scot Symon - whom a lot of his players have told me he was a great manager, but I want to read about it from a different perspective, which Leggo offers through this book.

It must be challenging to try and write a blog everyday without a bit of rehashing going on. I think he does write a fair amount of things that certainly make me want to question things but may not interest others, and then there are times where his continued posts about Spiers can get a bit tiresome.

To sum up, I click on his site every other day at least, and have a quick scan of the subject matter - if it interests me then I'll read on, if not then click on to the next webpage. I dont think I can argue too much against someone who is providing something for free on the net and it is my choice whether I visit it or not.

Some are good, some are not so good, and some are just wrong.

Pretty much like every journalist out there in fact.

What gives Leggo a bit of leeway is the fact he is a Bear through and through.

Comparing him to Phil 3 names is ridiculous. Mad phil isnt even a journalist for starters, has no balance or integrity and is just a loonball writing bigoted drivel.

There is always the ultimate judgement of Leggo as a journalist, and that is to just not read his blogs. Nice and simple, but we really dont need to have a go at Bears in the media (the few that there are!) if we dont agree with some of his stuff.

As my mammy has always said, if you dont have anything good to say about someone, dont say anything at all.

I agree - his post about Jock Stein today was a low blow and frankly no better than some of the Rhag Mhedia we rattle into to.

I really hope one day that there will be banter between football fans again but it looks a long way off.

It may be that but what he wrote about Stein is accurate. To those of my vintage it was common knowledge what his behaviour was like

My views on Leggat are,

He loves the club and does what "he" feels is best for us. He was so far off base with the whole TBK thing, and his campaign to sully Greens name, TBH some of the stuff he said about Green cost him a lot of respect and rightly so, but...... He was man enough to admit he was wrong and now seems to give CG his full backing.

I feel he could have handled that situation a whole lot better but he wasn't the only fan to handle it horribly by condemning Green and refusing to believe a word the man said ( and all of this done because of the "Rangers men" in TBK some of whom were clearly only peddaling their on agenda, had us convinced Green was another Whyte.)

Overall though I feel that Leggo loves Rangers, and while some of his pieces are bordering on the extremes of paranoia, most are a good read and have a ring of scary truth to them.

I am amazed at the abuse Leggo gets on here ,for years he has been the media person standing up for the Gers.He as years of experience and numerous contacts in the press and football authorities and knows what is going on.He gets criticised for conspiracy theories and agendas against Rangers but look what has happened to us,if anyone does not think there are people trying to do us harm they are dreaming.He got hammered for supporting the Blue Knights,for critising Whyte and Green but every one of us had an opinion and he was right on Whyte and the vast majority of us have happily changed our opinion on Green.

Let's save our energy for people who are trying to damage us and not a friend of our club