European clubs body downgrades Rangers' status but recognises history

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people still peddling this myth were tims, bitter fans of other diddy teams and misguided bears. The evidence is there, anyone debating it now is nothing more than a fundamentalist.

Ask them this question:

Why are you so obsessed about whether some random third division club that hasn't completed its first season has a history or not? The only reason you are obsessed about them is because they do have a very long history.

"Consequently it was concluded that Rangers FC was entitled to associated membership of ECA as considerer to be a founding member."

Forgive my ignorance but does this mean if we win the Scottish cup, we could play in Europe? I would be amazed if that's the case.

Also the clyde phone in will be fun tonight.

I think a little bit of 3rd party legitimacy in respect to our status isn't a bad thing.

True. Confirmation that we're still the same club is great news, but will that do anything to stop the SPL trying to strip us of our titles? I doubt it very much and if they ask for a fan referendum, we're done for in that respect.

After all the hate, jealousy and bitterness shown towards us, they may well still feel that they can get away with this title stipping.

Forgive my ignorance but does this mean if we win the Scottish cup, we could play in Europe? I would be amazed if that's the case.

Don't think so. We still don't have the UEFA licence.

Rangers do not hold a UEFA club licence as a result of a break in their accounts and, having lost their top-flight status, are no longer ordinary members of the ECA, the organisation confirmed.

However maybe we could apply for a special licence due to the circumstances and the fact that the ECA recognise us.

I'm sure Charles Green will pursue every avenue.

The prospectus certainly comments that the club would review our situation if this happens. I would imagine that would be by asking the SFA to put our club forward to eufa for consideration.

Don't think so. We still don't have the UEFA licence.

However maybe we could apply for a special licence due to the circumstances and the fact that the ECA recognise us.

I'm sure Charles Green will pursue every avenue.

The prospectus certainly comments that the club would review our situation if this happens. I would imagine that would be by asking the SFA to put our club forward to eufa for consideration.

Thanks guys :) Can u imagine us getting into Europe before the 3 years is up, fk me the taigs would implode even more than they are doing right now.

I think that's a bit unfair on the poor wee taigs, how the fuck are they poor thick cnts going to work all this out with their education.

l mean, they think there was 80million of them in Seville, poor stupid cnts. l think it's quite funny how they keep making a cnt of themselves, even UEFA know how thick the cnts are now, so they've had to spell it out for them.

So, as long as Europe exists, so do we. Guaranteed! :sherlock:

Was just about to highlight something similar. We are one of the founder members of this organisation and we are still recognised as such.

Maybe the obsessed will learn something from this? I won't hold my breath...

They will be like:

not-listening-dumb-and-dumber-o.gif[

True. Confirmation that we're still the same club is great news, but will that do anything to stop the SPL trying to strip us of our titles? I doubt it very much and if they ask for a fan referendum, we're done for in that respect.

After all the hate, jealousy and bitterness shown towards us, they may well still feel that they can get away with this title stipping.

it can only make it harder for them.

It shouldn't matter WHAT 'they' think..... too many of folk calling themselves Rangers Fans.... are too troubled by 'them' and should get it into their heads.... 'they'do not count...... Wallace always said it to reporters when asked 'Jock, how do you think sceptic... blah, blah.....

He'd reply in a Mega GRUFF voice... I'M NO INTERESTED IN 'THEM' son... I'M ONLY INTERESTED BY WHAT 'WE' DO ON THE PARK !

This should be adhered to .... forget about 'them'.

How many times folk like you have to hear the same thing ?

Rangers 'holding company name changed'... full stop.

Soon as we are back in Euro Competition full membership returns... simple really.

It shouldn't matter WHAT 'they' think..... too many of folk calling themselves Rangers Fans.... are too troubled by 'them' and should get it into their heads.... 'they'do not count...... Wallace always said it to reporters when asked 'Jock, how do you think sceptic... blah, blah.....

He'd reply in a Mega GRUFF voice... I'M NO INTERESTED IN 'THEM' son... I'M ONLY INTERESTED BY WHAT 'WE' DO ON THE PARK !

This should be adhered to .... forget about 'them'.

How many times folk like you have to hear the same thing ?

Rangers 'holding company name changed'... full stop.

Soon as we are back in Euro Competition full membership returns... simple really.

you are aware that the club and its supporters are in the middle of a propaganda war where perception is everything? Some unsolicited news such as this will do us no harm.