The Official *** SPONSORS: Let's Spend The Money! *** Thread

govanblue

Total Funds received to date (after PayPal deductions): £1740.52

Total Available to spend: £812.52

Already Spent or allocated:

• £550 - Kit Sponsorship for Darren Cole Season 2012/2013
  • £38 - Christmas presents (official Rangers merchandise) for Ant, a young Bear in hospital*
  • £197 - 2 x Half Season tickets for Ant & his mum*
  • £33 - 33 Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets
  • £10 - 10 Rangers Charity wristbands from Pam Jackson
  • £50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - ThenNowForever) ORDERED (05/03/13)
  • £50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - Ready 2012/2013) ORDERED (16/03/13)

Total spent to date: £928.00

BALANCE £812.52 - To be banked towards season 2013/2014 match programme sponsorship.

* Note: the money raised for Anthony was from a separate fund, but since the money was all spent on Rangers products, it can in effect be considered as Sponsors' Fund investment.

(these numbers will be updated as new donations come in, and new purchases are made.)

Please now make your suggestions on what we should do with the remaining money - and start discussing those suggestions.

Please feel free to chip in as often as you want, and to have as many opinions on as many things as you want. The more discussion, the better.

If you see an idea which you like, please make a post saying that, so that I can get an idea of what’s proving popular.

Once we've discussed all the options, we will make a shortlist, and maybe do some voting if necessary.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get the ball rolling, below are some ideas which I, or others have suggested. I have also added my own opinion on some.

Note that these are just my opinions, and I am just one member.

In general, my opinion is to spread the money over as many good ideas as possible. That means that I prefer the cheaper ideas (like buy a few raffle tickets, buy a few rising stars, buy a brick etc) so that we can have a wee bite of many things, rather than spending all the money on just one thing. But that’s just my opinion.

Suggestions:

• Put some money aside to kick-start the 2013/2014 Kit Sponsorship fund (The full season cost is £900, and we would need to pay it as early as possible before the start of the season, to secure the player we want).

• An Ibrox Stadium Brick – These cost £50 each. The brick would be a part of Ibrox forever! We can have fun composing our inscription.

• Buy some Rising Star Half-time Draw tickets – the money goes to Rangers, and there’s a chance we could win something!

A lot of people have suggested that we should donate some (or all of the money to our favourite charities. I don’t think we should. I don't feel great trying to put people off this idea completely, but I really think that this money should go directly to Rangers. The reasons are:

1. The original purpose of the Sponsors Fund was to get money directly to Rangers, and this is how many are expecting their money to be spent.
  2. As a member of RM, you already contribute a massive amount to our favourite charities. Here’s a brief overview from bluepeter:
    “RangersMedia use all income (from advertising/donations) for site improvements and charity donations. Already this year we've donated £1000 to the Former Players Benevolent fund and £1872 to the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund.
    We'll be making five £1000 donations any day now to different charities, details to follow.”

- I think you’ll agree that is an absolutely massive contribution from all of us, and we can be proud of our charitable donations.

However, that is only my personal opinion, and you may have a different one.

Note: I will try to stay out of this thread as much as possible - you've already heard more than enough from me - but I will probably still feel duty bound to stick my oar in far too often :D

I think the full sponsorship next season is quite a big jump so my gut instinct in 'Weakest Link' mode is to bank it.

However if we can get the same list of sponsors topping up again after Christmas so we can have the cash sitting there waiting on full sponsorship then brilliant.

Failing that if we're struggling to pull in the money the hall of famers can maybe donate a bit more.

Maybe I'm too cautious :D

What about buying vouchers or a piece of merchandise from the Rangers shop and putting all the names of those who have donated in a hat.

That way Rangers are getting money and it gives someone the chance to win something aswell.

I think a brick is a good idea.

What about buying vouchers or a piece of merchandise from the Rangers shop and putting all the names of those who have donated in a hat.

That way Rangers are getting money and it gives someone the chance to win something aswell.

I think a brick is a good idea.

That's quite a good idea mate! Like one of the pic paintings/pictures plus buying a brick for the forum?

That's a decent idea! All the sponsors names go in a hat and an RM admin could draw the winner of the painting/picture

RangersMedia already donate to charity anyways,I believe this is separate.

Fair enough but charities can always use more. You could poll which charity. Eg: the Rangers Charity Foundation, Erskine etc

But, to be original- you could use it to buy me a new name plaque for my seat. Some silly Bear ripped mine off at some point and it makes my seat look naked. So, yeah donate it to the AlBear85 name plaque fund :D

Fair enough but charities can always use more. You could poll which charity.

But, to be original- you could use it to buy me a new name plaque for my seat. Some silly Bear ripped mine off at some point and it makes my seat look naked. So, yeah donate it to the AlBear85 name plaque fund :D

Charities could always use more so where would you stop?

Buy one yourself ya miser bassa :D