The BBC Exposed!

Quiet Jim

It's not a crime.

The Code will continue to work alongside criminal law but will apply to a wider range of activities. The

existing criminal offences of insider dealing and market manipulation will remain and continue to carry

very stiff penalties against someone found guilty – up to seven years in jail.

Market abuse as defined in theCode is not a criminal offence, so conviction will not result in a jail sentence. However, we can seek to

impose an unlimited fine if we can prove that market abuse has occurred.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Code will continue to work alongside criminal law but will apply to a wider range of activities. The

existing criminal offences of insider dealing and market manipulation will remain and continue to carry

very stiff penalties against someone found guilty – up to seven years in jail.

Market abuse as defined in theCode is not a criminal offence, so conviction will not result in a jail sentence. However, we can seek to

impose an unlimited fine if we can prove that market abuse has occurred.

I was quoting someone saying that libel is a crime, it's not.

Remember to 'THINK before you POST', when discussing Patrick McManus.

I have had a think, and i think he is a cunt.

disclaimer: I am not angry at him or feeling aggressive towards him, and i certainly wouldn't wish harm on him, i just think he's a cunt.

There is a definite case.

All assets where purchased as a going concern.

Some news outlet acknowledges our history;

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/rangers/

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/

Others bitter bastards will follow.

Rather have our history than theirs!

But the BBC must be brought to task first.

Lies, Damned Lies, Bigoted Lies and Sectarian Lies.

(tu)

I have had a think, and i think he is a cunt.

disclaimer: I am not angry at him or feeling aggressive towards him, and i certainly wouldn't wish harm on him, i just think he's a cunt.

Did you think that before you posted or just since. In fact I'm not even sure you're allowed to think that anymore.

You may just think you think it when really if you think about it I'm not sure that I think that you think that you might think it.

Or maybe you're entirely correct in your original assumption and he is indeed not the Organ Grinder but merely the monkey.

Did you think that before you posted or just since. In fact I'm not even sure you're allowed to think that anymore.

You may just think you think it when really if you think about it I'm not sure that I think that you think that you might think it.

Or maybe you're entirely correct in your original assumption and he is indeed not the Organ Grinder but merely the monkey.

I am still currently thinking it :)

Are the BBC somehow trying to justify Dalys' award? I wonder.The once ALL powerful BBC have fallen from grace in the eyes of many in OUR once great nation.Corruption,coverups and now deliberately attempting to undermine the flotation of a ligitimate company on the stock market.Sadly those who are FORCED to fund this hideous organisation,are often it's victims.Keep up the good work QJ. (tu):tank:

Good, we have a lawyer on board!

Anything wrong with this article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-20414804

I'm not a lawyer - but not far away from it.

referring to Rangers as the former club is probably a breach of the BBC's own policies on reporting and the Press Commission Regulations (I'm pretty sure something like this exists but in a pre-Leveson form its not exactly strict). Probably not defamatory though - a defamatory comment has to be capable of lowering the estimation of the defamed party in the opinion of society generally - for example to accuse a person of being a paedophile when they are not (see recent examples...BBC). To innacurately report somehting would not suffice IMO

there also has to be malicious intent in the statement for it to be defamatory - i think it would be impossible to show that in this case.

Not meaning to sound like a know-it-all (because i most certainly am not one) it doesnt matter if it was in print or spoken word - the statement just has to be "communicated"

Did'nt want to pipe up too much with law on these boards because there are never ending questions to answer relating to the administration/liquidation etc!!

there also has to be malicious intent in the statement for it to be defamatory - i think it would be impossible to show that in this case.

Not meaning to sound like a know-it-all (because i most certainly am not one) it doesnt matter if it was in print or spoken word - the statement just has to be "communicated"

Did'nt want to pipe up too much with law on these boards because there are never ending questions to answer relating to the administration/liquidation etc!!

I am part way through the BBC complaints process and got much the same initial response as QJ.

The BBC appears to be in breach of its own charter by continuing to report as fact; "new club" ; assertions that are not consistent with the evidence. This could be interpreted as bias, unfairness or factual inaccuracy all of which are included within the BBC charter.

In addition I would have thought that there will be a point at which continuing to report as fact things you know to be untrue becomes actionable ?