old chants from sellers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the paper called which used to have a colour picture in the middle of a Rangers player or a cellic player depending where it was being sold. Especially outside the park before the game. Was it the "Citizen" ?

Also half an hour after the game you would start picking up the results in the evening times.

"Erzi fishull fulltime scores" was the call.

I think there was the "early" with half time scores but no full time, the "late" with full time scores and some wee reports on games, and the final with all the scores and the updated tables" all before 7 o clock the same night.

Those tinned hamburgers were called 'westlers hamburgers. They were heated up in a big pot then thrown on a roll. Still gutted about the time I bought one & was just about to take my first bite when the burger slid out the roll & landed on some cigarette butts in front of me. Ragin' man.

I guy used to come down my street back in the day shouting "Mussowiiilllkssancannyaaaapo"

I got a candy apple once from him, and four of my teeth dissolved. Never went near the mussels and whelks though, probably wouldn't be here to tell the tale.