After the difficult start, Ally is being proven right. Squad good enough for job

OlegKuznetsov

No offense but am sick of hearing this. We are NOT an SPL club, we have "some" SPL players, some foreign players with no experience of Scottish football and a bunch of kids. Currently we would be torn apart in the SPL IMHO.

We are a better equipped team than the rest of SFL3 but the 9 point (+game in hand) advantage....plus the +31 goal difference shows that.

We are not an SPL team mate.

BANG ON MATE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like we started the season in turmoil for some reason, with a squad of players who barely knew each other and/or had extremely limited experience, and a total lack of preparation. And it's almost like some people over-reacted in the extreme to a few poor performances from a team with all that stuff going on.

I am going to be disappointed come the end of the season, because I honestly believed we would get over 100 points, whereas it looks like it will probably be around 97 (maybe 99), but that is hardly a problem. And, as this team develops, next season will be a walk in the park (maybe we could focus ourselves on a cup run).

It is impossible to judge SuperAlly as a manager because from the moment he took over the reins we have been in varying states of crisis, but what we can judge him on is as a man, and on that, he is the ultimate legend (imho).

Things getting better, players coming on, team spirit and confidence developing.... everything looking up.

There has been proper improvement and all credit, but it doesn't right all previous wrongs and folk certainly didn't overreact to losing to Stirling bloody Albion.

With all that was going on in the first part of the season, dodgy results were inevitable. We are motoring along nicely now.

I always thought the problem we had at the start was the players firmly believed it would be easy, the teams we re playing have less ability than our squad

but they made up for it with determination, the players now know they will win but they now realise that they will have to earn it and just turning up isn't enough.

Yes, improving with time. Defense remains the weak point. I know Elgin scored well taken goals, but a better defense would not have allowed them the space and time to get the chances in the first place.

Mind you, I don't think our last SPL winning side would have improved much on that 6-2 scoreline yesterday!

Away days at lower teams are always difficult. But I do think the first few away performances were nothing short of disgraceful, some of allys decisions were baffling like jig in midfield or 1, upfront. Also ally was still getting to know the strengths of McKay, Macleod Hutton and hegarty.

Listening to Damien commoli other day on talkSPORT, talks alot of sense, if you decide to play youngsters then consistency will be a problem, but if they have the talent then stick with them as the rewards in the end will be great.

No one can say ally hasnt put total faith in these young lads which probably cost us a few points but come what may these players will be fantastic

I'm glad this is how it's panning out, I was always prepared to give McCoist the next three or four seasons to learn and grow as a manager but there was obviously things that needed improved upon (taking all turmoil into account) from our early days this season and I feel he's certainly improved things, while naturally as a team we've grown and gelled too.

For me, the final test is how he deals with the returning Cribari and Ian Black. Two players who've done nothing to justify an automatic inclusion into the side when they're fully fit and it will be interesting to see whether they do find their way back into the team or not, because we've looked far better without them in our side.

You're effectively saying that whatever Ally achieves with a squad of kids and SPL journeymen is meaningless because a big team like Rangers doesn't need a manager at this level. Completely ignoring the fact we lost a full squad of players in the summer, had relentless turmoil off the pitch, relegated 4 divisions into an environment completely alien to us and all with a manager still learning the ropes. The fact that he has steadied us, found team cohesion, brought out the best in inexperienced youngsters and has the team running on virtual cruise control at the top of the League is a miracle. You are trying to belittle what he's done and you're not the only one on here.

Well said that man.

Yes, improving with time. Defense remains the weak point. I know Elgin scored well taken goals, but a better defense would not have allowed them the space and time to get the chances in the first place.

Mind you, I don't think our last SPL winning side would have improved much on that 6-2 scoreline yesterday!

To be somewhat fair to the defence re: Elgin's goals...... One of them was a belter from outside the box and the other one was a direct free kick from a fair bit away, both were absolute screamers. The goals we shipped to montrose were uglier and the defense was more to blame for them.

Not read all the posts so someone might have said something similar, when Ally took over people felt he should have gained some managerial experience in lower leagues, ironically he is achieving that!

As a team we weren't allowed a pre-season, we weren't in a position for team gelling etc, we had a lot of players leave, since becoming manager Ally has had a lot of things to contend with which was above and beyond what he was being paid to do.

I'm also pleased (in a way) that our youngsters are being given a chance to show their mettle by the time we get back to the top flight they will have matured enough to really kick ass, and on a side note there will be some teams in the SPL who will be shitting themselves as we have been proven innocent and we continue to being the best Scottish team in history.

9 points clear, with a game in hand, and having just routed the team in second 6-2 in their own back yard.

This season is as good as finished. Well played, Ally.

Just about the league for you then? <cr> Let us hope the players and coaches have a different mentality. We have a huge cup tie against a club which hates us coming up.