After the difficult start, Ally is being proven right. Squad good enough for job

OlegKuznetsov

We all know it's not our best team ever-far from it- and the we've had some dodgy performances and results, but 9 points clear with a game in hand at the halfway stage proves that he is doing what is required- winning Division 3.

Throughout this traumatic period, Ally has been a figurehead and crucial factor in our ongoing survival.

He was left with an illegal transfer embargo, after so many left, a limit on how many players and very little preparation time or pre-season. It has taken time to get momentum going and for players to gel. It's still far from perfect, if that's not a moot point.

However, it does look like he'd doing what he has to by creating a healthy lead at the midway point. It also looks like the squad will be good enough for Division 2, which although of a slightly higher calibre, our team and youngsters are getting by those early hiccups.

This strong position should be appreciated in the context of our season. It is the most vital goal we must attain. Everything else is a distant second at best. That Ally is the man doing this, just makes it all the better for me. I believe he is already growing as a manager after this most diverse start to his career -one which no football manager has ever had to endure.

I believe Ally is the right man and is proving that at the moment. I hope to see him lead us out into the Champions' League in the not too distant future.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said all along that all we needed was time, and while we are still a ways from the finished article, we are certainly getting stringer week by week.

The players are starting to gel real well, and the movement and pace is there. We are also creating a shitload of chances per game.

Onwards and upwards, tally ho pip pip and all that.

WATP

I said all along that all we needed was time, and while we are still a ways from the finished article, we are certainly getting stringer week by week.

The players are starting to gel real well, and the movement and pace is there. We are also creating a shitload of chances per game.

Onwards and upwards, tally ho pip pip and all that.

WATP

Spot on! Apart from the "stringer"! ;)

Things are coming together and a few more players will be added in September.. The youngsters - and there are a bunch of them - will learn and mature too.

It is looking good.

The defence needs to improve a bit, but that will happen.

Ally will be our Manager for a while yet, that is certain.

What other nice surprises are coming out of Murray Park? Anyone know?

It does seem to be working now especially playing teams who are treating each game against us like a cup tie but let's not lose sight of who our opposition are.

I still think we have the makings of a good team though and with some additions and more time for the young guys our futures bright.

does ally have to appoint a defensive coach ?? or can the current coaches sort out our defensive shambles

Good question. good experienced centre half like butcher, gough, hendry or Roberts never needed coached. They sorted the defence themselves. Some teams which lack experience at the back hire defensive coaches. Prefer we signed a good centre back than a coach.

The defence is a problem ... also I would have to say that we should be creaming division 3

We are 9 points clear (with a game in hand, so effectively 12 points clear) before Christmas. With a goal difference of +31 ( our closest rival has a +6 GD)

Creaming them is exactly what we are doing. It just took longer to get started than some would like.

He'll need to do a bit more than wining the 3rd Division with the squad we have to show he's the right man for the job.

What more can he do? A good performance and a win at tannadump would be nice. And shoring up the defence would be great. But apart from that I dont see much else he can do except keep the team winning and keep the goal difference soaring above the rest of the pack.

We have beaten 3 or 4 teams from divisions above us this season too.

I sometimes feel that Ally is on a hiding to nothing and in a no win situation.

What more can he do? A good performance and a win at tannadump would be nice. And shoring up the defence would be great. But apart from that I dont see much else he can do except keep the team winning and keep the goal difference soaring above the rest of the pack.

The two cup defeats at Ibrox were real low points for all sorts of reasons.

We are an spl club playing sfl3 opposition and theres a long long road before we can even consider if Ally is a successful manager.

But yes a good performance and a win against united would maybe give us a little sign where we're destined to be.

It's just because the rangers standards are so high that all fans can be hard to please at times, we now look unbeatable in this league. It obviously took the first round of fixtures for the players to get to grips with the league we are in.

That and match fitness could have been the only problem based on the 2nd round results so far.

9 clear with a game less and plus 31 goals which is a point in itself. Ally can do no more other than keep the momentum and motivation going until the end.

Against part timers it is but Im sure a 20 point margin in the kids debut season will be a success

We are an spl club playing sfl3 opposition and theres a long long road before we can even consider if Ally is a successful manager.

But yes a good performance and a win against united would maybe give us a little sign where we're destined to be.

No offense but am sick of hearing this. We are NOT an SPL club, we have "some" SPL players, some foreign players with no experience of Scottish football and a bunch of kids. Currently we would be torn apart in the SPL IMHO.

We are a better equipped team than the rest of SFL3 but the 9 point (+game in hand) advantage....plus the +31 goal difference shows that.

We are not an SPL team mate.

We are looking so much better now and like the low points where Ally got hammered on here, he deserves alot of praise for the highs like today. Still along way to go and i would like to see less goals conceded but overall we are on the right track and looking better than we have since Feb.