A life too short The tragedy of Robert Enke

Can you try to contradict yourself any more? Didn't like my last line no? Had you made that joke though it would have all been about the craic right?

I like your offensive jokes. I don't like you picking and chosing who can and cant say offensive things when you strive yourself to be offensive.

Either be one way or the other. Do it and allow others to or dont do it then get offended when someone else does.

You don't get to dictate what subjects are offensive and which aren't.

I'm not picking and choosing as i don't try and be offensive i try and be funny, you've not tried to be funny at all you've just been stupid, it's really that simple. I'm not trying to dictate what's offensive or not ffs.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not picking and choosing what's fair game for jokes and what isn't. He's saying everything's fair game for jokes, but that your sentiments in this thread weren't jokes. It's not rocket science, Derek. You're either being disingenuous or you're really dense.

Thank you. You're very good at clearing things up for the mongo's (me included) (tu)

He's not picking and choosing what's fair game for jokes and what isn't. He's saying everything's fair game for jokes, but that your sentiments in this thread weren't jokes. It's not rocket science, Derek. You're either being disingenuous or you're really dense.

I think you know the answer yourself.

My opinion doesn't change because a few peoples noses have been put out of joint. I still believe its taking the cowards way out.

I think you know the answer yourself.

My opinion doesn't change because a few peoples noses have been put out of joint. I still believe its taking the cowards way out.

Sure, but I don't think Devlin was trying to change your opinion, he was simply stating that he thinks that the opinions you won't be changing make you a contemptible person.

Devlin's admittedly shite jokes and your sincere views on suicide are not to be weighed equally when it comes to deciding whether or not the pair of you are arseholes.

Sure, but I don't think Devlin was trying to change your opinion, he was simply stating that he thinks that the opinions you won't be changing make you a contemptible person.

Devlin's admittedly shite jokes and your sincere views on suicide are not to be weighed equally when it comes to deciding whether or not the pair of you are arseholes.

People have different opinions on things, sometimes this is due to experiences of that persons life. I don't think you're in a position to view me with contempt when in reality you know nothing about me away from an online forum.

you calling me a muppet isn't really such a bad thing to be fair (tu)

(tu)

Can you not see how stupid you are being though? Do you think people who wish to kill themselves are in a stable enough frame of mind to be thinking about how selfish they are being?

People have different opinions on things, sometimes this is due to experiences of that persons life. I don't think you're in a position to view me with contempt when in reality you know nothing about me away from an online forum.

People have to take other people as they find them. If you want to express your views on a forum, and you actually declare (quite pompously) that "this might be controversial but", then you have to be prepared for the fact that people will form an opinion of you accordingly, and if you find that opinion to be an unfair and inaccurate picture of your true self, then perhaps you might like to moderate your posts accordingly. If you're not prepared to do that, you'll just have to put up with some people finding the views you so proudly put forward to be worthy of contempt. You can't expect your posts to matter if they paint you in a good light, but not if they don't.

You may well be a top bloke "away from an online forum", but in this thread I find you depressing. I can't imagine why you would care.

your response to the wee lassie Amanda Todd who killed herself:

I was bullied once and i've attempted suicide and i still think she's a fucking moron. Not funny that she died but she's clearly stupid and so are people on here that pretend to care.

Your last response to me:

(tu)

Can you not see how stupid you are being though? Do you think people who wish to kill themselves are in a stable enough frame of mind to be thinking about how selfish they are being?

What I'm saying makes me a clown for thinking its a cowardly act? You saying a very young girl who killed herself after years of abuse, is a moron thats ok?

Obviously she was in the right frame of mind right?

People have to take other people as they find them. If you want to express your views on a forum, and you actually declare (quite pompously) that "this might be controversial but", then you have to be prepared for the fact that people will form an opinion of you accordingly, and if you find that opinion to be an unfair and inaccurate picture of your true self, then perhaps you might like to moderate your posts accordingly. If you're not prepared to do that, you'll just have to put up with some people finding the views you so proudly put forward to be worthy of contempt. You can't expect your posts to matter if they paint you in a good light, but not if they don't.

You may well be a top bloke "away from an online forum", but in this thread I find you depressing. I can't imagine why you would care.

The opinions people on any online forum that people form of me ar irrelevant. If I wanted to be popular in this particular section of the forum I would just post that Man U are shite.

You have no clue as to why I arrive at the conclusion I come to. You don't know what may or may not have happened in my life and to the lifes of people around me. Quite honestly to call me pompous while passing judgement on a person you have no clue about is in itself so completely ironic its untrue.

The opinions people on any online forum that people form of me ar irrelevant. If I wanted to be popular in this particular section of the forum I would just post that Man U are shite.

You have no clue as to why I arrive at the conclusion I come to. You don't know what may or may not have happened in my life and to the lifes of people around me. Quite honestly to call me pompous while passing judgement on a person you have no clue about is in itself so completely ironic its untrue.

I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony of you acting sore about people judging you without knowing what you've been through, in the light of your posts in this thread.

I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony of you acting sore about people judging you without knowing what you've been through, in the light of your posts in this thread.

no you don't and thank you for having the decency to accept how ironic you sounded yourself.

I

no you don't and thank you for having the decency to accept how ironic you sounded yourself.

No, I actually don't see the irony in my post. I'm certainly guilty of being pompous sometimes, but not here, I don't think. I passed judgement on what you have posted here, not on your true personality (though I certainly would pass further judgement on anybody who affects an internet persona which is significantly different from their actual personality, and then cries when the two are confused).

I No, I actually don't see the irony in my post. I'm certainly guilty of being pompous sometimes, but not here, I don't think. I passed judgement on what you have posted here, not on your true personality (though I certainly would pass further judgement on anybody who affects an internet persona which is significantly different from their actual personality, and then cries when the two are confused).

Did I say my internet persona was significantly different from my real life persona. If I did I apologise I didnt mean to say such a thing and cant remember saying it. My very first comment on this topic was based on my opinion due to circumstances that no one on here either knows or should know. You and a few others decided to jump on this opinion unknowing of any facts or reasoning for such an outlook on it.

Personally I dont care what anyone on here thinks about me. That should be more than clear. If I wanted to be liked I would jump on all the wee bandwagons (not saying you have). If people don't like my opinions or want to click the like button every time someone says anything negative toward me thats fine. It's irrelevant.

In any case, I'm always going to insist that pomposity in the service of basic human compassion is always going to be preferable to pomposity in the service of being a callous arse.

again you know not the reason for my opinion and are unwittingly acting like a callous arse yourself