Ian Black... what does he bring to the table?

Weemani

He is fucking rubbish. And I said as much when we signed him.

He can't tackle, can't pass, doesn't score goals, is appalling at set pieces, cries like a wee girl when tackled, has a dick head hair cut and isn't even giving 100%.

Can't bear him.

I didn't want us to sign him either. He was nothing more than a hatchet man at Hearts. I'm more than happy to have MacLeod and Hutton in there. Put Jig in at CM when needed.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The top SPL players should be real standouts in Division 3 but I have to say I don't think it has happened for any of the ones we have signed. I don't know if it's just that it's taking them a while to settle in at a big club which can happen or if they feel that the 4th tier is beneath them and they are happy just to freewheel and take the cash?

It's definitely strange how they all seem to be underachieving I was listening to cosgrove virtually giving it the I'm not worthy about his old player Sandaza today but again I've just not seen any of that in his time at Ibrox against poor opposition :anguish:

Our performance was so frustrating to watch today because if there was a way to do something wrong,we did it all over the park.I've never been a great admirer of Black,mainly because he thinks himself to be a "hard man", and who has limited ability for a midfielder.

One thing that I hope Ally doesn't do on a regular basis is play both Black and Hutton in the same midfield,because we have no fluency or guile going through the middle of the park.Hutton (imo) is not athletic enough and needs a player like MacLeod or Shiels in there beside him to get anything from him.

Just as Jig and Edu were not a good combination in midfield,neither is Hutton and Black,so with Black due a suspension I hope we get MacLeod or Shiels back asap.

Getting away from the negative side of things today where the majority of our players weren't anywhere near their best, I have to say that Cribari was excellent at the back and if we got Bocanegra in there with him, we would have a very steady central defensive pairing. :pipe:

The top SPL players should be real standouts in Division 3 but I have to say I don't think it has happened for any of the ones we have signed. I don't know if it's just that it's taking them a while to settle in at a big club which can happen or if they feel that the 4th tier is beneath them and they are happy just to freewheel and take the cash?

It's definitely strange how they all seem to be underachieving I was listening to cosgrove virtually giving it the I'm not worthy about his old player Sandaza today but again I've just not seen any of that in his time at Ibrox against poor opposition :anguish:

could be just the culture shock its not easy to drop from top levels to the bottom where you get less time etc and the players at that level are thinking these guys aint gonna make me look like a muppet so get stuck in whatever way they can

Our performance was so frustrating to watch today because if there was a way to do something wrong,we did it all over the park.I've never been a great admirer of Black,mainly because he thinks himself to be a "hard man", and who has limited ability for a midfielder.

One thing that I hope Ally doesn't do on a regular basis is play both Black and Hutton in the same midfield,because we have no fluency or guile going through the middle of the park.Hutton (imo) is not athletic enough and needs a player like MacLeod or Shiels in there beside him to get anything from him.

Just as Jig and Edu were not a good combination in midfield,neither is Hutton and Black,so with Black due a suspension I hope we get MacLeod or Shiels back asap.

Getting away from the negative side of things today where the majority of our players weren't anywhere near their best, I have to say that Cribari was excellent at the back and if we got Bocanegra in there with him, we would have a very steady central defensive pairing. :pipe:

Today was very frustrating down to a variety of factors. the main reason being our players didnt play well enough on the day but also the way we set up with no width on our right hand side, really restricted us. I feel Hegarty was hung out to dry on a big pitch at RB you need no be good on the ball and you saw his confidence take a hit with every time he gave the ball away. I think Cribari is decent and I actually think although he makes some mistakes the Greek is an important player for us with the energy and attacking options he provides down the right which provides the team with balance. If we could get a pacy CB in beside Cribari it would make all the difference.

Black has ability there is no doubt but he needs guile and movement around him which wasnt there today. Not making excuses for him as he has not lived up to expectations. Mcleod is becoming a very important player for us and it was noticeable how much we missed him today.

Don't think he's as bad as some are making out on here but have noticed in the last few games he's started we seem slower when moving the ball around and are definitely more predictable when he tries to dictate the play. The games he's missed of late we were moving the ball about better in my opinion and we had more bite in the middle.

could be just the culture shock its not easy to drop from top levels to the bottom where you get less time etc and the players at that level are thinking these guys aint gonna make me look like a muppet so get stuck in whatever way they can

I think as well playing for a big club makes a difference ... when you're at Hearts or St Johnstone you can play things off the cuff because so much less is expected of you but at Ibrox you have to be at your best in every game and that probably takes a bit of getting used to

I think as well playing for a big club makes a difference ... when you're at Hearts or St Johnstone you can play things off the cuff because so much less is expected of you but at Ibrox you have to be at your best in every game and that probably takes a bit of getting used to

true at ibrox you have a culture shock as soon as you walk through them doors.the weight of expectation hits hard some can handle it some cant as we have seen

What age is Black?

There is definitely a player in there, I have seen glimpses, and those glimpses have been about 7 or 8 top class passes in total in his Gers carer thus far.

I can't put my finger on it, but he does take a hell of a beating on that park, mostly without the opposition player drawing a foul and when the ref does blow the whistle, there is never usually a card at all, when some of them have been straight reds. Then the minute he makes a tackle that's a foul, he always gets carded. Most players usually get let off with their first tackle, he always gets booked. That must be so frustrating for him, also make him hold back a bit in games, and the reason we all know of Black, is coz he was a player that gets stuck in. He's not getting the chance to play as the player we bought.

He needs to learn to add another side to his game, hopefully a more sitting back and looking for a pace from deep in the pitch, because, he can pick out and hit a 40 yard pass no problem, if given the chance. He will play whether we like it or not, I think he is on the highest wages of the SPL players we signed, so as always the case, the manager has to justify signing him. Name me a manager who signs a player on big bucks (relatively speaking) and doesn't play him? So if he's fit, he plays.

He really needs to improve, and I think we'll see more from him as we move through the divisions.

So anyway, what age is he?

Like Sandaza it is just going to take a few good games to remind them both they are much better than how they are playing. It is purely psychological, they expected it to be easier than it is, they have to work hard and believe in themselves and not get downhearted when things don't go their way.

Like Sandaza it is just going to take a few good games to remind them both they are much better than how they are playing. It is purely psychological, they expected it to be easier than it is, they have to work hard and believe in themselves and not get downhearted when things don't go their way.

Admittedly I was at the other end of the park, but I thought Sandaza did ok today, on a day when nobody did particularly well.

Am I wrong, East Stand?

It has been a bit stop-start for both these guys,i still think they will be cracking players for Rangers.....

In flashes he has looked ok but I did expect to see him having a much bigger impact on games as he settled in. That has not happened but I think the potential is still there. I think he lacks a bit of confidence at times and wants too much time to pick a pass.

Quite often after he gives the ball away he has a tendancy to lose the plot and kick an opposing player for no reason, give away a freekick and then moan when he gets pulled up by the ref. I do wish he would quit that.

Jury is still out but I have not given up on him yet.

I didn't want us to sign him either. He was nothing more than a hatchet man at Hearts. I'm more than happy to have MacLeod and Hutton in there. Put Jig in at CM when needed.

Are you for real, hatchet man? this was the title they gave him or at least the opposition fans did. He is being reigned in at the moment and has been pointed out, no pre season carried an injury and is kicked useless on the park, never shy's away from a tackle, keeps the ball, passes to his own team, slows the game down, (which is what he is told to do) allowing the others time, reads the game, he is infact only one player the rest have to do what they are supposed to do, he will come good, and what we seem to hace forgotten, he signed for us when everyone else was only thinking about it, and from what im told Ally uses him to attract other signings, so give the wee man a chance, allow him to settle, find himself and then judge