Stevie Smith

stewaj3

Didn't realise he was back training with us too, is Boyd away back to the states again? Or just enjoying an xmas break?

Good to see smith and miller training with us still, give the squad a lift, I see smith has no club just now

"Smith announced on his Twitter page that he wouldn't be returning to Portland for the 2013 MLS season.[16] The club confirmed this on 6 December 2012"

Would take him back in a second if it wasnt for the embargo, managed 22 games in the states, always liked his atitude and work rate and at one stage rated him as highly as hutton. Easily good enough to do a job for this squad. Great cover for Wallace...

Didn't realise he was back training with us too, is Boyd away back to the states again? Or just enjoying an xmas break?

Good to see smith and miller training with us still, give the squad a lift, I see smith has no club just now

"Smith announced on his Twitter page that he wouldn't be returning to Portland for the 2013 MLS season.[16] The club confirmed this on 6 December 2012"

Would take him back in a second if it wasnt for the embargo, managed 22 games in the states, always liked his atitude and work rate and at one stage rated him as highly as hutton. Easily good enough to do a job for this squad. Great cover for Wallace...

I lost all hope in smith the day he shit himself at a gravesen shot. Our current manager pointed it out in the commentary, im sure.

Smith's not had any injury problems in years and was doing very well, would be very surprised if it was Portland's decision not to renew and not his.

Just checked his salary using info from the MLS and it was $108,000 per year - which is a weekly wage of £1k-£1.5k if he would accept the same here.

He was brilliant under le guen, I really thought he would be something special but after he came back from his injury never looked a player at all

He consistently let crosses into the box because he tucked into the centre even when the attack was on his side hence the problem of losing so many headed goals; he did manage to get the odd desperate last minute tackle in which endeared him to the fans of the sliding tackle. Destroyed any time he faced a fast winger like Sproule because he gave him so much of a start with his positioning.

I thought we were in the process of bringing, or attempting to bring through younger players to the squad.

Nothing against any player, but surely the bigger picture of the future and development of players with a career in front of them is more important than signing players of this kind of ilk who have no long term future, and would have no chance against the so called higher calibre player we will be playing against when we do compete at the "top league", whatever format that may be in.

I thought we were in the process of bringing, or attempting to bring through younger players to the squad.

Nothing against any player, but surely the bigger picture of the future and development of players with a career in front of them is more important than signing players of this kind of ilk who have no long term future, and would have no chance against the so called higher calibre player we will be playing against when we do compete at the "top league", whatever format that may be in.

My feelings as well; prefer to bring players through rather than bring in players for the sake of it especially players who have not progressed at their current clubs.

always remember samaras getting a leap ahead of him in the old firm to score the winner and thinking if papac had been fit and playing he would of got up and cleared it. was fantastic before all his injuries but sadly hasnt been the player since.

I thought at first he was going to be excellent but, in a way similarly to steven hughes, he was to brittle for the demands of playing for our club. Nice lad though...had a night out in inverness with him and his girlfriend at the time...he was punching above his weight big time. One of the many benefits of being a footballer.