BBC Scotland's Charlie Mann

covenanter

Charlie Mann is a long term contributor to BBC Radio Scotland's output, probably 25 years worth. He originates from Huntly and is an avid supporter of the Aberdeen. He is not a lonely Don at Pacific Quay, big Rheinhart Gordon, Liam McLeod, Jonathon Sutherland, Michael Grant, ......... etc are chorusing the Nothern Lights too. Charlie used to be a lot more senior but he took a 3 year sabatical as Hearts owner, Vladimir Romanov's Public Relations Officer. Jim Traynor was NOT the first BBC Scotland employee to take the poacher turned gamekeeper journey. Before his sabatical, Charlie regularly flashed his Dandy Don credentials by regularly sticking it on anything Rangers.

He returned to BBC Scotland a couple of years past and I have not heard any snide remarks or sniggering references to his time as Romanov's dolly. In fact, he was welcomed back into the fold with open arms despite not spilling the beans on Romanov(I suspect he signed an agreement to ensure no comment). Remember, Romanov has specifically refused to speak to BBC Scotland for a number of years, Charlie would have denied former colleagues access to information. Compare and contrast with the treatment being regularly reserved for Traynor, it would appear that Cosgrove, Spence, and English are determined to keep the hate warm with their constant sniping. We can only conclude that BBC Scotland's attitude to JT is personal and not principled. I am sure the Rangers factor in this equation would have helped swing it to the former.

Yesterday, post match; Charlie Mann had a wee rant about the size of the 45,000 attendance and their lack of engagement with game, particularly the subdued atmosphere in the second half. He arrived at the comfortable conclusion that 'defiance' was alone in motivating the Ibrox legions. Derek Ferguson interupted him and suggested the style of play might not be motivating the crowd, he enquired whether Barrie McKay had started? Charlie let the cat out the bag by initially answering, "who"? He recovered to begin shuffling his notes for his team sheet as Ferguson explained McKay and his contribution to Rangers. Charlie confidently interupted Derek with a firm, "no".

Honestly, Charlie Mann did not have clue on two counts during his 3-4 hours at Ibrox yesterday. Firstly, the subdued atmosphere was largely down to the tragic death of a fellow Bear during the match and it was blatently obvious he had never heard of Barrie McKay. Simply, Charlie did not want to be at the stadium and he did not engage with proceedings. This lack of awareness of all things Rangers at BBC Scotland will continue, recently on another forum(Gersnet) I listed over 30 names of those who regularly contributed to BBC Scotland's football output. There were several Yahoos, several Dandy Dons, a couple of Jambos, Hibees, Arabs, and another several Saintees, Raith Rovers, Motherwell, and Dumbarton supporters. Only two of the 30-odd could be considered Rangers men, one Billy Dodds is on record as, "no longer considering himself a Rangers supporter" and Derek Ferguson answers the question by continually hyping his beloved Accies.

BBC Scotland do not engage the Rangers support and have no intention of doing so anytime soon, Charlie Mann's woeful contribution yesterday proves the point.

Charlie Mann is a long term contributor to BBC Radio Scotland's output, probably 25 years worth. He originates from Huntly and is an avid supporter of the Aberdeen. He is not a lonely Don at Pacific Quay, big Rheinhart Gordon, Liam McLeod, Jonathon Sutherland, Michael Grant, ......... etc are chorusing the Nothern Lights too. Charlie used to be a lot more senior but he took a 3 year sabatical as Hearts owner, Vladimir Romanov's Public Relations Officer. Jim Traynor was NOT the first BBC Scotland employee to take the poacher turned gamekeeper journey. Before his sabatical, Charlie regularly flashed his Dandy Don credentials by regularly sticking it on anything Rangers.

He returned to BBC Scotland a couple of years past and I have not heard any snide remarks or sniggering references to his time as Romanov's dolly. In fact, he was welcomed back into the fold with open arms despite not spilling the beans on Romanov(I suspect he signed an agreement to ensure no comment). Remember, Romanov has specifically refused to speak to BBC Scotland for a number of years, Charlie would have denied former colleagues access to information. Compare and contrast with the treatment being regularly reserved for Traynor, it would appear that Cosgrove, Spence, and English are determined to keep the hate warm with their constant sniping. We can only conclude that BBC Scotland's attitude to JT is personal and not principled. I am sure the Rangers factor in this equation would have helped swing it to the former.

Yesterday, post match; Charlie Mann had a wee rant about the size of the 45,000 attendance and their lack of engagement with game, particularly the subdued atmosphere in the second half. He arrived at the comfortable conclusion that 'defiance' was alone in motivating the Ibrox legions. Derek Ferguson interupted him and suggested the style of play might not be motivating the crowd, he enquired whether Barrie McKay had started? Charlie let the cat out the bag by initially answering, "who"? He recovered to begin shuffling his notes for his team sheet as Ferguson explained McKay and his contribution to Rangers. Charlie confidently interupted Derek with a firm, "no".

Honestly, Charlie Mann did not have clue on two counts during his 3-4 hours at Ibrox yesterday. Firstly, the subdued atmosphere was largely down to the tragic death of a fellow Bear during the match and it was blatently obvious he had never heard of Barrie McKay. Simply, Charlie did not want to be at the stadium and he did not engage with proceedings. This lack of awareness of all things Rangers at BBC Scotland will continue, recently on another forum(Gersnet) I listed over 30 names of those who regularly contributed to BBC Scotland's football output. There were several Yahoos, several Dandy Dons, a couple of Jambos, Hibees, Arabs, and another several Saintees, Raith Rovers, Motherwell, and Dumbarton supporters. Only two of the 30-odd could be considered Rangers men, one Billy Dodds is on record as, "no longer considering himself a Rangers supporter" and Derek Ferguson answers the question by continually hyping his beloved Accies.

BBC Scotland do not engage the Rangers support and have no intension of doing so anytime soon, Charlie Mann's woeful contribution yesterday proves the point.

The vhemrin call that "sitting at the back of the bus". I expect nothing else from the BBC, they are poison.

recently on another forum(Gersnet) I listed over 30 names of those who regularly contributed to BBC Scotland's football output. There were several Yahoos, several Dandy Dons, a couple of Jambos, Hibees, Arabs, and another several Saintees, Raith Rovers, Motherwell, and Dumbarton supporters.

Could you post the list again please?

Could you post the list again please?

Rheinhart Gordon, Jonathan Sutherland, Liam McLeod, Michael Grant, and Charlie Mann - Aberdeen.

John Barnes, Chris McLaughlin, Tony Higgins, Murdo McLeod, Des McKeown, Annie McGuire - Sellik.

Pat Nevin, David Begg, Brian McLaughlin, Craig Patterson - Hibs.

Paul Mitchell, Alan Preston, John Robertson - Hearts.

Stuart Cosgrove -St Johnstone.

Jum Spence - Dundee United.

Chico Young, Chris Brookmyre, Steven Thomson, Dougie Vipond - St Mirren.

Scott Davie - Raith Rovers.

Tam Cowan, Jane Lewis - Motherwell.

Rob McLean - Ross County.

Derek Ferguson, Billy Dodds - as explained. The other was Jim Traynor- Airdrie.

I heard him also on my way back form the game.

I thought we were going to hear a match report but all got was some apathetic rambling from someone who clearly didn't want to be there. He was also unfairly comparing our game to the Arsenal game today which he was going to.

Him and Chick Young can fuck off with their shite about us only going to the games "out of defiance".

It clearly hurts them to see us to turn up in such great numbers. They though we'd have to close entire stands while we were playing in the 3rd Div.,

Keep supporting the team at Ibrox lads and fuck the likes of Charlie Mann.

Rheinhart Gordon, Jonathan Sutherland, Liam McLeod, Michael Grant, and Charlie Mann - Aberdeen.

John Barnes, Chris McLaughlin, Tony Higgins, Murdo McLeod, Des McKeown, Annie McGuire - Sellik.

was gonna do thread like this last week and forgot all about it this is not just sportsound the discrimination rangers fans face from all the radio sports shows in scotland is undeniable

out of clyde real radio bbc sportsound your call central fm there has been one (if ye take that jim traynor is a bear) radio host with over 39% of people who go watch football in scotland these odds dont add up

""""""""more bears have won x factor than hosted a radio sports show in scotland """""""""""""

Anything derogatory about Rangers is open season at the bbc but when it comes to other targets it's very much softly softly

Even when it's made up bullshit in the form of their opinions.

I thought there was a good bit of singing at yesterdays game, but maybe it wasn't the type of singing the likes of BBC Scotland like.

BBC Scotland do not engage the Rangers support and have no intention of doing so anytime soon, Charlie Mann's woeful contribution yesterday proves the point.

unless another hairdressing topic comes up? :craphead:

wierd, i have reps again yay

All very good, but the question is what team were they behind when Rangers played the septic? they may all have their so called "home" team but we all know they secretly support one or the other of the big boys.