majority of Conference clubs favour Rangers move

RFC55

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As current rules stand you need to have an HQ and football ground in England or Wales, rule 2.2 of

the football conference.

So I dare say that would pose a small problem for us?.

The actual chairman for the league has said these are not problems which couldn't be overcome

....I,m not sure,but i think i read a piece by one Mr Giovanni De Steffano a while back claiming Rangers were still FA members from over a hundred years ago and that was enough for us to gain entry to the english leagues...anyone read this?...or was i just dreaming it..

....I,m not sure,but i think i read a piece by one Mr Giovanni De Steffano a while back claiming Rangers were still FA members from over a hundred years ago and that was enough for us to gain entry to the english leagues...anyone read this?...or was i just dreaming it..

I remember something about that, was'nt it in one of his podcasts that were on here back in tge summer?

I think your right, sure I heard that as well from GDS .

Wouldn't reconstruction require new memberships offered and accepted... or declined. :pipe:

I believe it does.

Isnt that the reason why the want to emalgimate the Leagues, our membership would be void and Rangers would be offered a new membership.

Thats where they would blackmail us AGAIN for our TV media rights.

Thats my thinking of all this.

Amongsg other reasons.

Aha the one and only guy who called TBTC correct.

Note. Just tried that Link in Post #205, but it came up '404 Not Found'.

The Conference National (Blue Square Premier) sits at Level 5, Step 1, in the English football pyramid.

Never say never, but I doubt if Rangers joining the Conference will happen.

In any event, it is a step down, (from Level 4, SFL Division 3), not up.

Skysports - Blue Square Bet Premier chiefs could discuss Rangers joining the division

I was surprised to see the majority of Posts on here being in favour of this move, but living as I do outwith Scotland, I can only get the mood in Scotland from the internet, specifically, here on RM.

Just one warning on this. Be careful what you wish for.

For me, the only rightful place for Rangers FC is in the Top Division of the Top League.

The structure in England is as follows :

Level 1 : The Premier League

Level 2 : Football League Championship

Level 3 : Football League 1

Level 4 : Football League 2

Level 5, Step 1 : Conference National (Blue Square Premier) - This is the lowest National League

Level 6, Step 2 : Conference North and Conference South

Level 7, Step 3 : Northern Premier League, Isthmian League, Southern League - Premier Divisions

Level 8, Step 4 : Northern Premier League, Isthmian League, Southern League - First Divisions

Level 9, Step 5 : Regional Leagues' Premier Divisions, e.g. Northern Counties East League

Level 10, Step 6 : Regional Leagues' First Divisions, e.g. Northern Counties East League

There are Levels and Steps below the above, too many to list here !

I believe it does.

Isnt that the reason why the want to emalgimate the Leagues, our membership would be void and Rangers would be offered a new membership.

Thats where they would blackmail us for our TV media rights.

Thats my thinking of all this.

Amongsg other reasons.

And if we refused/declined the membership it would leave us free and clear to move to another league.

CG is playing a blinder with this one. Expect to see the sfa, spl and sfl all pandering to us now. They'll be feeding us grapes by the summer. :D

Thought this might help

2.2 All Clubs shall have Grounds and headquarters situated in England or Wales and the General Manager shall send their names and particulars to The FA annually by the date appointed by, and in the format required by, The FA. English Clubs shall be duly affiliated at all times to a recognised County Football Association. Welsh Clubs shall be affiliated to The FA of Wales. Each Club shall notify the General Manager of its affiliation number each year as soon as practicable after it has received same. Each Club shall return to the General Manager a fully completed questionnaire relating to Form “D” required by The FA by the date given in the circular letter accompanying the questionnaire issued by the Competition Secretary.

As current rules stand you need to have an HQ and football ground in England or Wales, rule 2.2 of

the football conference.

So I dare say that would pose a small problem for us?.

Just nicked this from somewhere. Nothing personal :)

Rules are more flexible and carry low end consequences. You can set up rules for games, rules for the home, even rules for fighting or being intimate with a partner. Rules are personal in nature, and they are often adjusted as the conditions and circumstances of the home change.

Thought this might help

2.2 All Clubs shall have Grounds and headquarters situated in England or Wales and the General Manager shall send their names and particulars to The FA annually by the date appointed by, and in the format required by, The FA. English Clubs shall be duly affiliated at all times to a recognised County Football Association. Welsh Clubs shall be affiliated to The FA of Wales. Each Club shall notify the General Manager of its affiliation number each year as soon as practicable after it has received same. Each Club shall return to the General Manager a fully completed questionnaire relating to Form “D” required by The FA by the date given in the circular letter accompanying the questionnaire issued by the Competition Secretary.

Guernsey got in so we may well have a case

Just nicked this from somewhere. Nothing personal :)

Rules are more flexible and carry low end consequences. You can set up rules for games, rules for the home, even rules for fighting or being intimate with a partner. Rules are personal in nature, and they are often adjusted as the conditions and circumstances of the home change.

Read more: Difference Between Rules and Laws | Difference Between | Rules vs Laws http://www.differenc.../#ixzz2I4ruytTu

ok mate :)