Kris Boyd Released From Portland Timbers

Broxi

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a Rangers top goalscorer for five consecutive seasons not worthy of at least some goodwill and respect, even if you didn't think he was that great a player overall?

Not for me, no. If his attitude had been different he could have been a much better player.

Were you not just slagging off Boyd on the other page for being a money grabber?

I have nothing against Kenny but he's as big a mercenary as you'll find.

Also, what does this actually have to do with it? Ok, Millers a money grabber too, so theyre both money grabbers. Millers still a better player, like i said

Not for me, no. If his attitude had been different he could have been a much better player.

Maybe but the facts are there, you'd have to admit it's odd for a supporter to sound so resentful towards his club's top goalscorer for five seasons in a row and not have any good feeling towards them. Five seasons that involved two titles and some cups as well.

Right now i'm not really interested in going back in time to debate his merits, I just don't believe he deserves how severe you seem to be in your criticism. Can you not even give it a 'thanks for the memories but no thanks now"?

The only goals that matter are the ones he scored for us. Souness regularly benched McCoist it happens in Football.

I dont think we will agree on this so will bid you goodnight.

I have to agree,no matter what Boyd scored some great and important goals for us. Sad how easy so much good he did has been forgotten. I would take him back instantly, he looked happy training again but whether he will wait to play for us is another thing. If I was him I would wait, we are the best he wil get. Come home Boyd :)

Maybe but the facts are there, you'd have to admit it's odd for a supporter to sound so resentful towards his club's top goalscorer for five seasons in a row and not have any good feeling towards them. Five seasons that involved two titles and some cups as well.

Right now i'm not really interested in going back in time to debate his merits, I just don't believe he deserves how severe you seem to be in your criticism. Can you not even give it a 'thanks for the memories but no thanks now"?

How is it odd? I dont rate him, i never have and i probably never will. Thanks for the memories? I remember him fluffin every decent chance that presented itself to him V the tims. Have a look back at edu's last gasp winner at ibrox, watch this talented marksman absolutely shit himself, almost embarrass himself ffs. I also remember the "stay or go" bullshit in the lead up to his departure, which in the end ensured we got hee haw for him, while he scored maybe 5 goals at a push in the run in from xmas.

How is it odd? I dont rate him, i never have and i probably never will. Thanks for the memories? I remember him fluffin every decent chance that presented itself to him V the tims. Have a look back at edu's last gasp winner at ibrox, watch this talented marksman absolutely shit himself, almost embarrass himself ffs. I also remember the "stay or go" bullshit in the lead up to his departure, which in the end ensured we got hee haw for him, while he scored maybe 5 goals at a push in the run in from xmas.

So you don't think it's unsual to feel this way about your club's top goalscorer five seasons in row?

Big Eck will jump at the chance to sign him and Miller for free

Boyd maybe, Miller, I doubt it. He was terrible in his last 6 months in the Championship then went to the MLS and is struggling. Averaging 1 shot on target every 3 games, and struggling to last 90mins. He'll be lucky to still be going for another full season IMO.

So you don't think it's unsual to feel this way about your club's top goalscorer five seasons in row?

Yes, it certainly is. But then thats that guy all over isnt it, unusual. A goal scorer, but a truely awful footballer. Comments like the one you make are what he lives off of. "Aye, SPL all time top goal scorer" brilliant, that doesnt get away from the fact that your fuckin rotten, lazy, have a shite attitude, and you do fuck all in big games. Oh, and every manager youve ever worked with drops you for those big games. Gumf.

A bit torn about this, on one hand Boydy was a great goalscorer for us, may feel he has unfinished business here and would undoubtedly score goals at SFL level. On the other side of the coin i would hate to see somebody like Kal Naismith dropped and maybe even leave because Boydy was taking his place in the team and the fact is Boyd is not the future plus his wages could be an issue if he made it so. Id have to say im 50/50 on this maybe slightly leaning towards a short term deal for Boyd to see what shape he was in, with pretty average wages for us right now. Probably wont happen though for all kinds of reasons.

Some people have very short memories.

Yes indeed they do.

In my recollection, when Boyd was a Rangers player, there was at least 5 threads at any given time on Kris Boyd. When he was scoring four goals against DU to break the SPL record, when he was missing howlers, when he was scoring goal of the season contenders and when he moaned about being too hot in a cup final, every step of the way, the Rangers support was completely divided over Kris Boyd.

People have short memories, they seem to have forgotten that the Kris Boyd debate is unresolvable and will never end, at the end of the day some think he was the second coming of McCoist and some think he is a lazy goal poacher.... I was over it 4 years ago, and I am still over it now.

Carry On

Get Boyd to fuck!

It's pathetic listening to people trying to defend him coming back. Too blinded by the signing of the player himself than to think of what is right and good for the club. Exactly why we have had problems in the past.

He scored important goals for us, he is not welcome back. Our youngsters need to be allowed into the team without a lazy sod who has a poor work ethic, and no real footballing ability keeping them from the first team. The only thing he'd pass on to our youngsters is how to be lazy and stay in the team by doing the least amount of work possible. If you think it is possible for him to pass on his anticipation or eye for goal, then there's no one better than super to pass that on.

This is the type of player we should be avoiding at all costs.

Some people have very short memories.

Thank god im not one of them, i remember all to well how he shafted us, and some of the bullshit he came out with after it. I also remember what he looks like when hes trying to trap a ball. God the comparison to McCoist make me cringe now lookin back.