Danny Wilson

achaleven

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have short memories. Danny Wilson signed for Liverpool in the summer of 2010, when Boyd and Novo left on free transfers as they were not satisfied with the new terms they were offered and Thomson was sold to Middlesbrough as he only had a year remaining on his contract and we were not in a position to offer him new terms. Wilson was in the same boat. So it was - as it appeared at the time - the wrong career move? Hard lines. At 21 I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Left Back is probably the area where we least need cover, and he certainly not good enough to displace Wallace.

Wilson is primarily a centre half and he's a far better talent than Perry or Hegarty are.

He certainly wasn't the finished article and he needed to develop physically, but he had talent.

I'd rather have him as a ball playing centre back than somebody liek Cribari for example.

Wilson is primarily a centre half and he's a far better talent than Perry or Hegarty are.

I never saw anything to suggest he was any better than both these players its a bit early to right of the careers of Hegarty and Perry.

Was.

2 1/2 years primarily playing reserve team football has set him back.

He is young enough and we are playing at a poor enough level for him to recover from that IMO.

As I said after I edited my post after you quoted it he needed to improve in certain areas, but he had a lot of talent and we need to sign as many talented youngsters as we can our hands on.

I never saw anything to suggest he was any better than both these players its a bit early to right of the careers of Hegarty and Perry.

Generally speaking, I think he looked a lot more comfortable than either of them have and they are playing at a far lower level than Wilson was although, I don't rate Perry at all. I never have.

Wilson had his flaws, he struggled against physical players but he was only 18 years old at the time and he was very slight.

I'd welcome him back and if we could get him for nothing I think it would be great business.

He is young enough and we are playing at a poor enough level for him to recover from that IMO.

As I said after I edited my post after you quoted it he needed to imporve in certain areas, but he had a lot of talent.

Perhaps. You could say the same about Perry and Hegarty.

Personally I like a big, tough, no nonsense CB like Ross. If Danny had stayed, those two playing together would have been quality. But, he chose the wilderness and his confidence will certainly have been affected negatively. Lots of players struggle to come back from that.

Generally speaking, I think he looked a lot more comfortable than either of them have and they are playing at a far lower level than Wilson was although, I don't rate Perry at all. I never have.

Wilson had his flaws, he struggled against physical players but he was only 18 years old at the time and he was very slight.

I'd welcome him back and if we could get him for nothing I think it would be great business.

He had no pace and could not header a ball,give him his due he had an excellent range of passing.

At the time i thought Liverpool were mugs to give us so much money for a player who featured 14 times but was more than happy to take it , my last memory was him getting outpaced by dargo in the cup game and getting a red card.

Perhaps. You could say the same about Perry and Hegarty.

Personally I like a big, tough, no nonsense CB like Ross. If Danny had stayed, those two playing together would have been quality. But, he chose the wilderness and his confidence will certainly have been affected negatively. Lots of players struggle to come back from that.

You could, but like I said I've never really been a big fan of Perry. I do agree on your preference of a partnership though. The more elgeant centre half alongside the "muscle" is what I prefer too.

I just think in a time when we need to get all our signings spot on this one would tick most of the boxes we need: young, already knows the club the management and some of the players, has great ability on the ball which can help develop a passing game from the back, has versatility and is still young enough to iron out his flaws.

To sell a player who had less than 20 games under his belt for 3 million and then get him back for nothing a few years later would be great, and pretty lucky, business.

You could, but like I said I've never really been a big fan of Perry. I do agree on your preference of a partnership though. The more elgeant centre half alongside the "muscle" is what I prefer too.

I just think in a time when we need to get all our signings spot on this one would tick most of the boxes we need: young, already knows the club the management and some of the players, has great ability on the ball which can help develop a passing game from the back, has versatility and is still young enough to iron out his flaws.

To sell a player who had less than 20 games under his belt for 3 million and then get him back for nothing a few years later would be great, and pretty lucky, business.

An incredible amount of money it has to be said, The worse thing now is we may have to watch that all over again with players like Macleod and McKay.

Hopefully players like wilson will serve as a warning to our young players not to leave to soon.

An incredible amount of money it has to be said, The worse thing now is we may have to watch that all over again with players like Macleod and McKay.

I have my fingers crossed that they will look at guys like Wilson, Boyd, Ness & even players from otehr clubs like Goodwillie & Fyvie and see that they don't need to jump at the first offer that comes from down South but you never know what head turning offer might come in and how an agent will advise them :(

I've got nothing against him coming back. If he'll come back on a free, do well and we sell him for £2 million again all the better. :)

Worth inquiring about but I don't think he'll come back though.

Im sure McCoist will be watching to see how his loan goes.

To be fair to wilson he was offered a big money move and took it, he could of stayed and had a bad injury that ruined his career and the money he would of made at us wouldnt of lasted long on the football scrapheap now he should be set for life and could come back to us and have a great career. We all like to say we would do this n that for the love of the club but when the cash is being waved in front of u and the chance to play with and against some of the best players in The world a lot more of us than we think would be tempted, yes the move went wrong but on the other hand it might of worked out and he could of been signing a new contract for 90k a week