Boycotts? ... Do We Need to Be Told ?

Ace

Boycott Dundee Utd Game .... Boycott all SPL Away Ground .... Boycott all SFL Grounds (only if they vote against us) ... Boycott the Papers ... they hate us.

Seriously getting pissed off with thread upon thread appealing for us to boycott something or other because they have upset someone.

It is reading like a big tantrum ... "It's ma baw an youse urny playin' wae it"

If you don't like the DR/Sun/Express/Evening Times or even the Rutherglen Reformer .... then don't buy them & don't read them but don't accuse other fans who do read/buy them as being traitors or idiots or whatever you believe.

The club is now providing plenty of information regarding the club, get your news there but they won't/can't comment on everything that happens in Scottish football, where do you expect to get the information because most of us don't have "inside sources" who information, most of us get our news from these very publications .... no matter how much you lambast them, they provide most of us with the info we seek.

I will make up my own mind, just as you should, on whether I buy/read these papers ... to go appealing for eveything to boycotted is juvenile.

As for all the other boycotts, same principle applies, if you don't like it, don't do it !!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you spend money on a newspaper that we know is run by bigots that want to kill off our club, who are purposefully mis-informing the general public and creating a wave of public hate towards our fans and club, that makes you a little bit of a traitor to me. Especially if the only reason you read that paper is because you dont like being told what to do.

Or do you like being told lies by your media to fit a predetermined agenda,even if that agenda is harmful to you and yours?

boycott the DR/sunday mail.

Boycott Dundee Utd Game .... Boycott all SPL Away Ground .... Boycott all SFL Grounds (only if they vote against us) ... Boycott the Papers ... they hate us.

Seriously getting pissed off with thread upon thread appealing for us to boycott something or other because they have upset someone.

If you don't like the DR/Sun/Express/Evening Times or even the Rutherglen Reformer .... then don't buy them & don't read them but don't accuse other fans who do read/buy them as being traitors or idiots or whatever you believe.

The club is now providing plenty of information regarding the club, get your news there but they won't/can't comment on everything that happens in Scottish football, where do you expect to get the information because most of us don't have "inside sources" who information, most of us get our news from these very publications .... no matter how much you lambast them, they provide most of us with the info we seek.

I will make up my own mind, just as you should, on whether I buy/read these papers ... to go appealing for eveything to boycotted is juvenile.

As for all the other boycotts, same principle applies, if you don't like it, don't do it !!

Most people don`t get all the info required to make a judgement on the likes of the Record etc. If after you do know all the info on them and you do continue to buy it I would call them idiots/traitors etc as they are funding a paper who has a bigoted agenda against us.

Sorry but handwringers like you are the ones who stop us getting any real action done. No doubt you`ll go to the dundee united game because you can make up your own mind even though Rangers are saying don`t go. If you think its because they are saying some we thing that hurt our feelings your wrong. But maybe its because you can`t see the bigger picture of what is going on or refuse to see it.

If by this, you are including the "Should we consider boycotting SFL Clubs" poll that I started, please note that I at no point suggested that we should boycott anyone. I am purely trying to gauge the mood of the forum, and I'm perfectly entitled to do that. I would never tell another member what to do - not even GOAT ;)

I think the point being made about said publications is perhaps they do not, as you believe, provide you with the info you seek, but instead give the info they want you to read or put a slant on the info to suit their agenda.

I don't agree with calling people traitors or idiots for their decisions re media choices but I do believe it is right that information about these publications and any possible agenda they may have against our club is in the largest possible public domain to at least help (rather than enforce) people to make their own decisions.

Without resorting to calling anyone an idiot, but do you really believe the media in this country gives you fair and unbiased reporting? If not, surely it is right that we be vigilant about what we read (and therefore fund)?

Aye you can't force people to boycott, tis one's own choice.

But if you knowingly fund a publication that would feverishly push for the belittlement & extinction of Rangers, maybe it's to be expected that many on RM will take exception to that.

I'd rather boycotts weren't necessary and it was all about the football, but there are cunts trying to kill us!

I think the point being made about said publications is perhaps they do not, as you believe, provide you with the info you seek, but instead give the info they want you to read or put a slant on the info to suit their agenda.

I don't agree with calling people traitors or idiots for their decisions re media choices but I do believe it is right that information about these publications and any possible agenda they may have against our club is in the largest possible public domain to at least help (rather than enforce) people to make their own decisions.

Without resorting to calling anyone an idiot, but do you really believe the media in this country gives you fair and unbiased reporting? If not, surely it is right that we be vigilant about what we read (and therefore fund)?

If you have been given the evidence that the mhedia are infact bigoted against Rangers do you still think its ok to buy it ?

people on the main buy these rhags because they always have. But these rhags have changed over the years and are now being used in a totally different way. Until people are given the proper info they will always think its the same old paper they bought 10 years ago. It is not.

until we rid the mhedia of the people who have an agenda we will not be able to move on.

It goes back to the whole question of what makes you a Rangers fan.

Some people believe it's just supporting the team on matchdays, while others would have you believe that it's about boycotting x, y and z, about holding certain political views, or about staying to watch the game for the full 90 minutes.

I think that a Rangers fan is someone who always acts in what they believe are the best interests of the club. And because nobody really knows what exactly the best interests of the club are, you get a lot of confusion.

Basically, I agree with Ace. If you think that a certain action is in the best interests of the club, then do it. If not, then don't. Simple as. At the end of the day, you only have to justify it to yourself.

Do the club's own wishes come into it then?

If you have been given the evidence that the mhedia are infact bigoted against Rangers do you still think its ok to buy it ?

people on the main buy these rhags because they always have. But these rhags have changed over the years and are now being used in a totally different way. Until people are given the proper info they will always think its the same old paper they bought 10 years ago. It is not.

until we rid the mhedia of the people who have an agenda we will not be able to move on.

I have already indicated my support for a boycott of DR/SM, and have suggested using a wider social platform to ensure information is available to as many people as possible.

What I mean re not calling people idiots/traitors is that there are ways & means to go about things and getting a message across. I do not believe that to be the best...it can entrench people's views and have opposite effect! Furnish people with the information and you would certainly hope that it should hit home and if not certainly question why not. In my post you quoted, I have asked these very questions of the OP and would hope he would read, take on board and respond.

I suspect you are right to say that most buy them simply because they always have.

But if you knowingly fund a publication that would feverishly push for the belittlement & extinction of Rangers, maybe it's to be expected that many on RM will take exception to that.

I'd rather boycotts weren't necessary and it was all about the football, but there are cunts trying to kill us!

Bears r us finds himself agreeing with this very good post. :thumbup:

Second best post of the day :thumbup:

At what point Ace does such refusal to boycott certain things- newspapers or games etc - damage the purpose of the boycott ....and weaken the message which is being sent out...question mark (my symbol is not working)

your boycotting the boycott threads - quite right!

great rant / sense spoken!