would terry butcher be a good choice as the next rangers manager

gersfan1872

246 members have voted

1. 1. would terry butcher be a good choice as the next rangers manager

• yes
    • no

I listened to a part of talksport whilst moving my car at work and the talk was of ally under pressure as manager

Richard Keyes was actually laughing at the suggestion and andy gray said to his richard -remember this is glasgow :rolleyes:

I touted Terry butcher as a future manager under walters leadership fickle dave - find the post lol

Big Tel was a brilliant captain for our club and deserves credit for his time at Inverness

Looking at the bigger picture - We need Stability at this club

Promotion under Ally Mc Coist is our target whatever the performances on the pitch

as long as lads like Fraser Aird , Barry Mc Kay & Lewis Crawford & Ross Perry

are used on a more regular basis and we do not need to purchase big signings - why dont we learn !

so there will be more of the crappy training methods ,early cup exits ,dire 3rd division away preformances and poor tactics--no thanks very much-ally really needs to be replaced

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember people laughing at the taigs with their selik minded pish when looking for a new manager. Yet on here it's the exact same, McCall, Butcher, McInnes.

I hope whoever our next manager is in the future has no ties to the club, same goes for any coaches we may bring in.

Spot on.

Way too early to be discussing this. By the end of next season we will know if Ally has a job. Once he shows that he can bring in better players to get results we will be better placed to decide who should replace him should he need replaced.

For the time being he is doing the business with the tools he has.

At present I see Ally as being a "holding role" until we achieve a bigger stage, which, without being complacent and with our resources, should be a formality.

So the question should be, would anything be achieved by giving another manager this "holding role" until we are back at the top level.

Answer is no.

Would Butcher be the man for the higher stage, Again the answer must be no.

By this time next year we will have a much clearer view of where we stand, and what we need, so that will be the time for potential change.

(Before I get pelters no disrespect intended to Ally as I think he may still have an important role to play for us at a future time, but perhaps not as manager)

At present I see Ally as being a "holding role" until we achieve a bigger stage, which, without being complacent and with our resources, should be a formality.

So the question should be, would anything be achieved by giving another manager this "holding role" until we are back at the top level.

Answer is no.

Would Butcher be the man for the higher stage, Again the answer must be no.

By this time next year we will have a much clearer view of where we stand, and what we need, so that will be the time for potential change.

(Before I get pelters no disrespect intended to Ally as I think he may still have an important role to play for us at a future time, but perhaps not as manager)

so we retain ally in the "holding roll" and continue with the early cup exits,the crappy training methods,the dire away performances and the dreadful tactics--no thanks--ally really needs to be replaced sooner rather than later

so we retain ally in the "holding roll" and continue with the early cup exits,the crappy training methods,the dire away performances and the dreadful tactics--no thanks--ally really needs to be replaced sooner rather than later

I did consider this, but at the end of the day, stability and the bigger achievement of rising through the league may have to be the over-riding factor.

I think Ally should stay and anyextra resources would help alleviate these problems till the time we make much bigger decisions.

I did consider this, but at the end of the day, stability and the bigger achievement of rising through the league may have to be the over-riding factor.

I think Ally should stay and anyextra resources would help alleviate these problems till the time we make much bigger decisions.

It is not just extra resources that are required,players need to be given the correct tactics,training.discipline and direction.it is just not happening just now.and action to remedy the situation is not being taken.

we need a change now

It is not just extra resources that are required,players need to be given the correct tactics,training.discipline and direction.it is just not happening just now.and action to remedy the situation is not being taken.

we need a change now

i agree completely the whole set up at the club is wrong ally is too much of a players man

terry butcher

The 53 year-old said: “I still just really can’t believe what has happened. I always looked forward to playing Rangers because of my past history with the club and the characters there.

“Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant, Jim Stewart — all fantastic people.

“It is still a brilliant club for me, although technically it is now a ‘new’ club.

Dont want him anywhere ner ibrox

That we are so over-sensitive about comments from the guy is a little sad to be honest.

I am sure if he was actually in the middle of it all, he would have ensured he was more up to date with the club's approach.

He was a fantastic captain, and maybe a lot don't remember the impact that his signing was at the time, at the start of the Rangers revolution.

Saying all that, I am happy with our current manager, and wouldn't have Terry at the top of the list when the time comes for a new one.

(PS: The fact that we would naturally turn to former players isn't so much down to a 'Rangers-minded' approach, but purely that we can't expect people of a high calibre to come to us at this point in time unless they have some affinity with the club.)

terry has a total percentage vote of 37% in the poll.that is not bad considering all the negative crap that has been written about him--some of it is just misinformed crap about what he is supposed to have said about rangers in daily rag interviews.

terry has a total percentage vote of 37% in the poll.that is not bad considering all the negative crap that has been written about him--some of it is just misinformed crap about what he is supposed to have said about rangers in daily rag interviews.

You're not getting the job Terry, give us peace.

You're not getting the job Terry, give us peace.

fine -if you wish to continue with the inadequate training regime,dreadful tactics,crappy away performances ,early cup exits and lack of proper discipline and direction of the players at our club then lets not replace the manager

Would rather see McCall than butcher

Would'nt McCall either tbh, I've also been thinking about a McInnes and McCann, Showed they had the passion when commentating on the Dundee Hivs game.