My complaint with the BBC - help please

bluepieter

Below is an extract from my latest letter to the BBC complaints director. I think he has one more right of reply then I get to take the complaint to the BBC Trust.

What I need are examples of factually incorrect reports, whether online, radio or TV. Can you post any examples in thus thread. It has to be BBC reports where the report can be shown to be untrue.

"Having fully considered the points made, I feel that the removal of a single sentence from one of a series of offending articles and broadcasts is not sufficient to address the issue raised.

Fundamentally, the BBC has knowingly and repeatedly broadcast as fact matters it knows to have been untrue. Further there have been repeated failures at Editorial level to address this matter, when it has been brought to your attention. Indeed my experience of this process suggests a general lack of accountability and little or no evidence that the BBC has any appetite to address genuine concerns raised by its customers. Notwithstanding, I feel it would be appropriate that the BBC prominently broadcast a correction and publish the revised editorial guidance through all media used to carry the original erroneous reports.

The BBC is uniquely placed as the Nation's broadcaster. I believe that with this position comes an overriding responsibility to report fairly and most of all accurately. Whether fast developing or not, whether generalist or not, I believe it is entirely reasonable to expect professional journalists and editors to ensure that all content for which they are responsible is factually accurate, appropriately worded and fair.

In aspects of its reporting of the RFC plc story, I regret to say that the BBC and BBC Scotland in particular, has not met the basic standards it should have, and which licence fee payers have every right to expect. "

My god we are turning in to a shower of torn faced moaning cunts.

mate at this time this stuff just isn't needed .The OP is making an effort to stick up for our club and for that he has my gratitude and respect .We need many many more of his kind IMO

My god we are turning in to a shower of torn faced moaning cunts.

That sounds like a moan itself. If I'm honest there's a shit load to moan about.

Would you rather we all just sat back and took it like we all have in the past?? Fair play to the guys for puting his points across and fighting for the Club. I'm in the middle of typing my own complaint and would urge others to do the same, not come on here and have a go at the ones who are speaking up.

Would you rather we all just sat back and took it like we all have in the past?? Fair play to the guys for puting his points across and fighting for the Club. I'm in the middle of typing my own complaint and would urge others to do the same, not come on here and have a go at the ones who are speaking up.

Monkey-typing.jpg

Monkey-typing.jpg

I can't see you lasting much longer

Giro not enough to get you to Inverness?