Will Glasgow Rangers become an English club

Piper 36

In the Scotsman today 16 February I read that Charles Green wrote to PM David Cameron over Rangers in a bid to move Glasgow Rangers the Ibrox club out of Scottish football.

Well all I have got to say it's a very sad day to say if Glasgow Rangers moves to England then Rangers becomes and an English football club and Scotland has lost the finest Glasgow Rangers football club in Scotland?

If this plan of Charles Green happens then I as a pensioner and have been a Glasgow Rangers fan all my life I would have no option but not to support Ranger as an English club. I also hope that they do not use the name of Glasgow Ranger as that truly belong in Scotland to a Scottish football club not and English football club.

What a very, very sad day for Scotland

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Scotsman today 16 February I read that Charles Green wrote to PM David Cameron over Rangers in a bid to move Glasgow Rangers the Ibrox club out of Scottish football.

Well all I have got to say it's a very sad day to say if Glasgow Rangers moves to England then Rangers becomes and an English football club and Scotland has lost the finest Glasgow Rangers football club in Scotland?

If this plan of Charles Green happens then I as a pensioner and have been a Glasgow Rangers fan all my life I would have no option but not to support Ranger as an English club. I also hope that they do not use the name of Glasgow Ranger as that truly belong in Scotland to a Scottish football club not and English football club.

Why would it be sad for Jacobitstan

You mean like the republic of shiteland writing to Cameron to ask to bail them out and help them become newco republic of shiteland

Dinnie be daft.

We will always be a Scottish club and always a British club.

Might not be great for Scottish football but for The Rangers we can only grow so far within the Scottish set up.

Mind that while many call us Glasgow Rangers out true name is The Rangers.

If you are as you say an old Rangers fan just as I am I would urge you to stay with the Rangers family.

Even if we did play in the English Leagues or any other for that matter we will still be a Scottish club.

There are Welsh Teams in the English Leagues oand they still play in Wales and are representative of Welsh people in Cardiff and Swansea.

So truat me we will still be a Scottish Team with the Saltire and Union Flag flying high at Ibrox.

I love my Club and Country, but we have done enough for Scottish Football and carried it for more than 140 years.

It is now holding us back and in my opinion we are far too big for it now.

Its Rangers time now ,to look after ourselves and put Rangers first and all are welcome to support our Club.

Including you , stay with your Club pal if it is Rangers and stick with them.

And if your an Earl Haig then your nothing but a loser.

Follow Follow.

The prospect of leaving this sinking ship before it goes under appeals to me. Working our way up through the English Leagues. Imagine Rangers playing in the EPL, yes we would struggle to reach the CL places in that league, but the week to week football would be far more entertaining.

I would class us at the moment as a Scottish club playing in a corrupt leauge.

If we played in an English leauge, then I would put up the argument that it would no longer be "English", but British.

Leave the corrupt and cheating tossers to enjoy the "Irish club" in Scottish football.

If rather we played in Scotland than go to England the way Green wants us to.

If the English league invited us, then fair enough. But writing to the prime minister is an absolute embarrassment.

What pro's does English football have anyway? Premiership is absolute disgusting, the money being thrown about is ridiculous and we'd be back to square one and up to our eyeballs in debt like every other English club in a few years. Premierships bubble is going to burst soon anyway, their is no way the money being thrown about will last much longer.

If you are as you say an old Rangers fan just as I am I would urge you to stay with the Rangers family.

Even if we did play in the English Leagues or any other for that matter we will still be a Scottish club.

There are Welsh Teams in the English Leagues oand they still play in Wales and are representative of Welsh people in Cardiff and Swansea.

So truat me we will still be a Scottish Team with the Saltire and Union Flag flying high at Ibrox.

I love my Club and Country, but we have done enough for Scottish Football and carried it for more than 140 years.

It is now holding us back and in my opinion we are far too big for it now.

Its Rangers time now ,to look after ourselves and put Rangers first and all are welcome to support our Club.

Including you , stay with your Club pal if it is Rangers and stick with them.

And if your an Earl Haig then your nothing but a loser.

Follow Follow.

This (tu) and this :brokensfa:

We will follow in the footsteps of our team.

Anywhere, everywhere.

The league we play in has no bearing on our identity as a club - British we are, British we shall remain.

Every Rangers fan knows all of the above.

Which leads me to my next point...

:shifty:

I am all for playing outside Scotland.

But if we ever did get to the EPL, we could go years without trophies.

Arsenal nothing in 7 years, Spurs only the league cup in 20 years, Newcastle 43 years, Everton 17 years!

After watching Rangers regularly grab trophies each season, I hope I would not get withdrawal symptoms!

Not the now x

:shifty: good try Timmy, liked the pensioner touch.