Rangers agree 2 year youth exchange programme with Juventus.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where you got the 500k figure from but people will have to get use to our better players being sold.

We can't get all up in arms about Alexander's wages, for example, and then get upset when our better young players are sold. This is the future of a financially well run football club.

Youngsters generally don't move for much and I was only making a point. If this is true its a stinking deal and means rangers will be the only loser in the deal.

McKay and Macleod were also used as examples because they are the 2 I believe to have massive futures. If a deal like this was in place we may never have seen them play.

And whats up with bringing youths from BETTER youth systems than our own? Some people are never fucking happy. Get a fucking grip of yourselfs "i'm not happy with that if their allowed to sign our players" What the fuck is up with yous?

Are we not allowed to sell players, are our players not allowed to leave us, are we not allowed to bring in better youth players from better youth systems in betters countries?

Rangers have the same option as juve.

From the details given, don't honestly tell me that you think it sounds like a really good idea

Not sure where you got the 500k figure from but people will have to get use to our better players being sold.

We can't get all up in arms about Alexander's wages, for example, and then get upset when our better young players are sold. This is the future of a financially well run football club.

Fair enough but you don't sell youth players before they are worth decent money. That's financial suicide.

Nurture then sell for good money, millions hopefully.

As fucking hilarious as I find this and as pleased I am due to the fact I do like Juventus (before the celtic tie) it does kinda seem a bit like a speshul rewashionship the taigs are known for.

Hopefully it works out in our favour. They have a brilliant youth programme.

Sounds a bit better now, and not just a one way system the source earlier in the thread suggested

The very first post in the thread made it clear it was a two way thing. We will get players on loan that would generally be outwith our reach and some of our kids will get the chance to spend time in Italy training.

Fair enough but you don't sell youth players before they are worth decent money. That's financial suicide.

Nurture then sell for good money, millions hopefully.

You can't expect to have that much say in the matter. We will have to sell some players before they reach their peak. The lure of higher wages etc will turn players heads. If they won't get those wages here then some will go. Hence us tying the promising kids to 5 year deals now to give us a better negotiating position if anyone comes in for them.

We have to accept we can't have it all our own way. Financially well run, lower wages means our better players will end up leaving.

Cool, so we are now juve's feeder club .

Fucking hell Green can't win can he, he tries to get us back to to the "top league" with the best possible team he does it by doing a deal to get the best youngsters from JUVE and still people see it as bad.

Put it this way JUVE will not be taking any of our young players because they are not good enough for Juve. And it is only for a couple, of years.

Another good deal by Green.

I think some people just want to see Green do the wrong thing so they can fucking ,MOAN!

Why are people only looking at the negatives here?

Bringing over talented Italian players and having them train with our young players will only help their development. We won't sell any player for less than they are worth just because we have a deal in place with Juventus.

They can't just name a price and we have to accept it, generally if they wanted a player we would send them on loan and have a fee set that we would be prepared to sell them for. If at the end of the loan Juve are happy with the player we sell him, if not he comes back to Rangers.

We could get some top players who might not be good enough for Juventus but would be great for us.