For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

Whether you find what was being sang at the game on Saturday right or wrong, at the end of the day the club released a statement stating their dissapointment at the song choices.

The love of this club is the reason you're at this game. You're not their to sing, drink or have a pie, you're their to see Rangers. The atmosphere is something that adds to the experience of watching the club and of course everyone loves a sing song.

So, if the whole purpose of being there is to watch the club you love, and that love expresses their dissapointment at certain fans behaviour then why can't these fans just accept that? Why can't they just move on from these songs? Nothing and nobody is bigger than Rangers. I personally think we are lucky to have, in my opinion, one of the best footballing songbooks in world football. Ranging from Blue Sea of Ibrox to Follow, Follow. From Wolverhampton Town to the blue flag etc..

I do think we are still picked on, and think a precedent has been set by ESPN, but we have to concentrate on ourselves, and if the club, Super Ally and Charles Green believe we are in the wrong then that's enough for me.

I thought the fans were outstanding in voice as we always are, but we can still be that by dropping certain songs that Rangers want us to drop.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we do not wish to give the haters of our club the opportunity to damage our reputation, our club must make a stand against the inequities promolgated against us. We can never again remain silent and if our club niether defend or attack the inequities, then as the saying goes, they may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!! Believe that this bigotry shit, is much more than football and our club. It is an encroachment on our civil liberties. For those that are non-rc in particular. I refuse to be demonised and criminalised just for supportimng my club. People will only take so much before it spills over in the heat of the moment. Better you get smart and mount a concerted and effective campaign against the haters. Strategy it is called and I do hope CG has a real good one, because these haters are nothing if not relentless. They will not rest untill our club is buried and Scotland is a nation state of popery.

I am a church goer and my church is on record publicly naming THAT faith, is one that is the anti-christ. If you have read the doctrine, it is not hard to work out as to why and not hard to wonder at the mind sets who believe in such adulterated doctrine.

I have no wish to go around calling them fenian bastards, as that differs from their faith, albeit followers of that faith take delight in calling themselves one. They are on record as being murdering treasonable terrorists both against the British and US governments of the day. Well I say, if the cap fits........and WE are the bad guys?!!

It's a shame you spoiled what would have been a very good statement by tainting it with the loose babble in your second paragraph

The timing of this scrutiny of our songs is very interesting isn't it

very, on a few levels.

fuck their agendas, fuck them, I'm more annoyed about facing another week of division and soul searching and negativity about the club. we've been a hugely positive story in world sport, us fans at the forefront of that story, that must have pissed many off. yet again our progress is stymied by this negative introspectivenes and division, that its actualy self inflicted this time is the biggest kick in the baws

There seems to be something of a communication problem here - I'm not commentating or enquiring on their suitability, if you care to check back a few years in the archives you will find numerous articles by myself on idiotic singing.

The question I have asked you, three times now is... What was sung ?

I've already told you the two songs that we should know by now are deemed unacceptable by the club.

Other songs related to paedophiles are also, in my opinion. are extremely inappropriate, but they're not banned, so it's best to focus on the ones we know that are deemed unacceptable by the club.

To quote a post from years ago.....

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop flying the Union Jack, its offensive.

Flag displays are like a Nuremburg rally.

We've had Gers players attacked, their homes vandalised, their cars vandalised.

Black socks with red tops is "up to our knees in fenian blood".

Rule Brittania is offensive.

Penny arcade is about a catholic being murdered in some amusement arcade.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Do any of the apologists think we have given up enough yet?

Great post Jack, I'll add a bit whataboutery too.

We have yielded everything on that list and the scum from the other side have backed off on NOTHING and got away with it with impunity. A few years ago I was firmly in the "handwringer" camp re: our songs.

But IMO it's never gonna be enough to appease certain sections of Scotland. Where does it stop?

very, on a few levels.

fuck their agendas, fuck them, I'm more annoyed about facing another week of division and soul searching and negativity about the club. we've been a hugely positive story in world sport, us fans at the forefront of that story, that must have pissed many off. yet again our progress is stymied by this negative introspectivenes and division, that its actualy self inflicted this time is the biggest kick in the baws

Our enemies know that every time something like this happens we become even more divided and it has to be said that a house divided against itself cannot stand ... they fear our unity and we have to try and build that

I've already told you the two songs that we should know by now are deemed unacceptable by the club.

Other songs related to paedophiles are also, in my opinion. are extremely inappropriate, but they're not banned, so it's best to focus on the ones we know that are deemed unacceptable by the club.

Erm are you taking the hit and miss now ? I know what songs are deemed unacceptable

Let me clarify it.

What songs were sung on Saturday by the Rangers support which fall into the category of unacceptable ?

Erm are you taking the hit and miss now ? I know what songs are deemed unacceptable

Let me clarify it.

What songs were sung on Saturday by the Rangers support which fall into the category of unacceptable ?

I don't know what you're missing from what I've already said? The Billy Boys and No Pope of Rome are what were sang on Saturday that fall into the category if unacceptable to the club.

I don't know what you're missing from what I've already said? The Billy Boys and No Pope of Rome are what were sang on Saturday that fall into the category if unacceptable to the club.

The Billy Boys died a death on Saturday as there was not many joined in when it was started.

Great post Jack, I'll add a bit whataboutery too.

We have yielded everything on that list and the scum from the other side have backed off on NOTHING and got away with it with impunity. A few years ago I was firmly in the "handwringer" camp re: our songs.

But IMO it's never gonna be enough to appease certain sections of Scotland. Where does it stop?

Gogzy, it wont stop. Even if their failed attempt to destroy our club had been successful, IMO the Protestants in this country are and wouldve been the next target.

My opinion is, there is an agenda in this country to eradicate a way of life. A type of ethnic cleansing. The destruction of the club would merely have been the catalyst for the next target. Us.

There will be the usual suspects quoting this post soon probably, saying Im talking crap and wanting "proof". They can fuck off and if they cant see the proof with their own eyes then they are blind. Or tarriers imo.

If you are going to quote something I have written, at least afford me the courtesy of answering the question or posting in response to that quote.

Not something completely off tangent - that just confuses auld buggers like me who think their eyes or their computer has gone wonky.

Perhaps you were having one of your swoon moments of course....

direct responce to your implied threat of some fans not renewing season tickets. swoon xx

have a feeling that after a 3 day orchestrated campaign of demonising Rangers fans by the usual bloggers, media heads and hacks the spl will release nimmos predetermined findings.

I do think we were ambushed yesterday but you cant escape the cold truth that because a few folk cant get their head around some pretty self evident truths, namely we have long lost the pr war on certain songs they damage our club and should be kept for the bus home, our club is open to attack.

my dark sense of humour finds it quite funny, whether its by irony, coincidence or connivance that I'm reading and listening to media heads pontificating about how we have no place in society for outbursts of distain for the roman empire or even paedophiles (wtf?)and then the very next day we a have a mucky scandal about to rock the roman empire in scotland involving their head honcho.

Ambushed? How in the name of fuck do you arrive at that conclusion? Nobody forced fans to sing songs about the Pope, Fenian's etc

I think we know the main two are "The Billy Boys" and "No Pope of Rome". Surely we have known for a long time that these are off the cards?

Now apparently NPOR .

But the list is not exhausttive now.

Some people quoting Derrys Walls, The Sash and other hostorical verses.

All sorts of people spouting only Football songs allowed.

Any of the above go then im not going back to Ibrox.

Now apparently NPOR .

Sorry, but there's quite a distinct difference between the songs you've mentioned and No Pope of Rome.

Now apparently NPOR .

Anyone suggesting the sash and derry's walls is banned or sectarian is dabbling in hyperbolic nonsense.

There are some (not many) who believe these songs shouldn't be sung but that's their personal opinion and nothing more, you wont be arrested for singing these songs and the club wont be harmed.

We know exactly what songs will land bears with a criminal record and the club with sanctions if they dont cease.

Anything relating to Fenian's, the Pope or UVF are banned, have been for some time. People stating we need clarification are clutching at straws when they know fine well what's acceptable or not.

very, on a few levels.

Exactly this Ive had enough of this pish as well.

Watch the share price plumet and investors turn away.

The Clubs lack of clarity and speed of castication towards fans is interesting too.

All combined and given out rapidly.

So fast the Teams werent even in the Dressing Rooms at full time.

Its quite sad that the club are going to self omplose and this subject will kill any hope of our clubs survival.

The club really really need to grow a pair of balls and man up instead of scurrying for a negative comment from the chief of media and once again accusing fans of all sorts.

It will destroy Rangers of that I wm positive and if they dont start banning certain newspapers and tv chanels then Im afraid it wont stop.

And people wonder why our enemies find it so easy to pick us off.

Are you really this stupid?

The enemy within could be our biggest problem.

Anyone who thinks there is no agenda againt us is stupid.

The main protagonists who want us destroyed and vocal Rangers-haters are mostly catholic.

Good name by the way. Pity your posts dont match it.

Anyone suggesting the sash and derry's walls is banned or sectarian is dabbling in hyperbolic nonsense.

There are some (not many) who believe these songs shouldn't be sung but that's their personal opinion and nothing more, you wont be arrested for singing these songs and the club wont be harmed.

We know exactly what songs will land bears with a criminal record and the club with sanctions if they dont cease.

Anything relating to Fenian's, the Pope or UVF are banned, have been for some time. People stating we need clarification are clutching at straws when they know fine well what's acceptable or not.

No people stating those songs I mentioned should be banned.

Thats the trouble makers within our fanbase the ones who spout that.

Fox in the Chicken coup cauaing mischiev and stating songs that arent banned are banned.

Its wishful thinking ,and our club dont need that kind who are quick to jump on the moral bandwagon without any evidence, and start spouting what songs are banned .Confusion and divisuon is caused by them ,and they need to removed because of it.

Clarity is required once again on this.

The enemy within could be our biggest problem.

Anyone who thinks there is no agenda againt us is stupid.

The main protagonists who want us destroyed and vocal Rangers-haters are mostly catholic.

Good name by the way. Pity your posts dont match it.

You are spot on jack.

And if the club and those who dont believe this dont catch on with this rapid , there wont be a fucking club left to support.

I haven't been posting of late. All the negativity against Mr McCoist had just been bringing me down and the last thing i wanted was to start arguing with my brethren, when we should be standing shoulder to shoulder, but I can't let this shitstorm pass without comment and this will be my last comment on Rangers Media.

As one such poster commented to another brother "Yer a dinosaur" and you auld guard need tae GTF yer no needed or wanted at Ibrox. That's exactly how I feel now, i'm not walking away from the club, but the club seems to be leaving me, I cheered her success on the terraces of Hampden, with black ash clouds billowing around and disguising me as a wandering minstrel and sneezing would shoot voluminous amounts of black snot everywhere. Just to see us vanquish our many enemies. We sang our songs OH did we sing our songs, on the bus, the street, the ground and back to the bus, what days. A united support fighting for the cause,

All that was allowed to slide for years and we had a period of appeasement and silent dignity. They hatched their plans against us.

There's no need to go through the events of February last year again. we remember it all very well. But theres one incident i remember distinctly. A string of incredible referee decisions made by the hapless Iain Brines. Virtually the whole crowd blasted the song "Who's the Finechap in the black?" Not a small minority. So I was led to believe we were still brethren together. In the next few months it was a strong bond. I had never seen as so unified. So unified that (i'm going to let you into a secret) I actually decided to sponsor fellow fans tickets for Ibrox last season. I insisted on anonymity from Bluepeter, because I didn't want praise and plaudits, I just wanted to let a brother see the Gers if they weren't able to, due to finances.

That unanimity now seems gone, We have bears grassing other bears for singing songs. We have the club condemning the fans at a game, before the game is even finished. We have arguments on here slagging our own and the real enemy is laughing. Then we have bloggers running us down all over the web, maybe their new title can be capo and we can all walk quietly to the showers.

Perhaps the dinosaur tag is pertinent. My days are past and shall just content myself watching our past glories on youtube.

So tell me oh PR gurus, help me oh wringers of the hands and capos to be.

What do I and people of my like do? Lapse the season ticket, sell the shares, stop buying merchandise and no more subs to RTV? By my calculations i'll be a couple of grand better off a year.

So i'll close with this. I'm attending a sash bash this Friday and then the match Saturday. The way I feel at present I will go to the bash, travel to Glasgow and spend time in the orange halls or Louden, get pissed and travel back to Fife and miss the game.

Good luck to you all here on RM, some of you guys are fantastic writers and i shall still drop in to read at times, but will no longer contribute,

I'm also sure there are several fifth columnists in here and the need to be rooted out, because i feel they're a major part of what has ruined this forum for me over the last few months.