Cheltenham 2013

Scott-RFC

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is a toughie this year.

Sprinter sacre is a certainty baring an accident. I like the look of both simonsig and overturn but don't know which one I'd go for.

Think ill need t wait till nearer the time tbh

Simonsig is obviously class but not had ideal prep. Dangerous at 8/11 , 4/6.

Would be interested to hear any opinions on Oscar whisky?

Seems to exude class for 4/5ths of the race and then doesn't get there, but they always have excuses for it. Does it stay 3m or not?

The form of rev de sivola is fantastic just now and they seem to have the key on how to run it. It kept running second or 3rd to big bucks but now he's out the way he seems to be number 1. I'd say one of the Irish horses may gave him the most to do.

I have simonsig, sprinter sacre and long run ew treble. Got 7/1 two weeks back, dropped to about 4.5/1 now.

Long Run is still 7/1 himself ???

The giant bolster is being banded about an awful lot as a live outsider for the gold cup. Can't have that at all. Not got the class to win a GC imo, and only ran into 2nd last year in a poor renewal. Betting for ew money if you back it.

Lads in the first race tommorow a horse called Cheltenian runs. It won the champion bumper at the festival 2 years back and only had its first run in 2 years at Doncaster a few weeks back and ran an absolute stormer. It was beaten by a nose by one of Nicky Hendersons and if that run has got rid of the rustiness 25/1 is a huge price tommorow in the first. Im having a few quid ew on that.

Good spot sir! what grade was the race? And is Cheltenham affected by the snow?

The champion bumper was a grade one, but the last race was a novices hurdle but im sure Hendersons horse is running during the week.

I dont think Cheltenian will beat the fav but 25s is too big imo

Lads in the first race tommorow a horse called Cheltenian runs. It won the champion bumper at the festival 2 years back and only had its first run in 2 years at Doncaster a few weeks back and ran an absolute stormer. It was beaten by a nose by one of Nicky Hendersons and if that run has got rid of the rustiness 25/1 is a huge price tommorow in the first. Im having a few quid ew on that.

Cheltonian was one of the selections which popped up using my system. Also agree it's a big price, good e/w bet.