Get Rangers back in the SPL before it's too late

robg58

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rangers might be in the 2nd tier not the 3rd if league reconstruction goes ahead and now we have open calls for the club to be put back into the spl asap??

Financial reality starting to bite perhaps? anything to do with Hearts going bust in a few weeks or the 4 or 5 clubs that are in serious trouble money wise?

I believe most spl clubs if they had a vote right now would use it and bring Rangers back into the league, Motherwell more or less admitted so at their agm a few weeks back.

Sorry but for me the whole "sporting integrity" thing was nothing more than a cover for a bunch of hate filled bigots to kick Rangers when the club was down, well over the next year or so we'll be the one's doing the kicking.

I hope CG is true to his word and will not entertain any deals with the SPL/SFA as long as the same corrupt ones at the top are still there. If he makes a deal with them I will consider him a traitor and seriously consider walking away. I have more trust in him than that and trust him to do the right thing for Rangers. NO I couldn't walk away I support Rangers. Custodians can come and go but Rangers are for ever.

No Thanks!

There would have to be big changes on the board of the SPL/SFA for me to want us to go back into that league. (resignations)

The reconstuction would also have to financially benefit those in the SFL who welcomed us into their league. (you don't turn your back on friends).

i want no part of pish like Provan is spouting.

we are in the middle of the most extreme case of match / league fixing in history. i truly hope we get evidence smellic are behind this... sporting intgrity indeed.

Their decision to eject us from their competition (compounded by the illegal transfer embargo) stripped us of competitive assets on the field and the ability to trade on their worth off it.

Now they want to fast~track a depleted Rangers back there to gain the cash our wonderful support brings but not allow them to compete on the park?

I don't f~king think so!

Tick tock SPL and all who sail in you.

I will just add to the unanimous (so far) view that there is no way we should agree to anything that keeps our enemies in jobs. We signed up to the journey from bottom to top. That's what we want to do.

Let the SPL die a slow and lingering death. Let Rhegan and Doncaster fall on their sword, let the clubs who took such delight in kicking us while we were down suffer with dwindling revenues and terminal decline.

The notion that having repeatedly booted us in the balls for over a year, we would just return to save their hides actually makes me laugh. We will work our way through the leagues and when the time comes to get back in to the top flight, if all our tormentors have gone and their replacements are suitably respectful to our status, then we will rejoin

they tried and failed to kill us and now they want the cash cow to go to back to the slaughter house?

'it's time to move on' 'let's forget it' 2 phrases some in the media have only just started using,

well,we are moving on,without the SPL,and we will never! forget.

fuck the SPL.

I'm afraid us the Rangers fans got the bum deal in all this, and if you look back it was us who decided we should go to the 3rd div, the main reason for this is we knew the league would be fucked without us, and it is, some teams are at deaths door in our first season away,(Hearts, Dunfermerline) be prepared for more to follow suit in the next two year, the turkeys voted for christmas and santa needs his dinner. I will never forget the way we were treated by the bitter SPL clubs chairmen and fans. so its a big NO from me, no other club would have survived what we have had to put up with from 2008, this has been a witch hunt from the UEFA cup final and what happend in Manchester.

I agree with me. In any other business the SPL would be taken to court under competition laws. Time for shareholders to have a think?

I always agree with me

I also agree that going back to the SPL after being hammered the way we have been would be madness

I'd accept it if and ONLY if they helped get our European ban lifted by UEFA.

An opportunity to play in Europe a year earlier and you all would say no?

Me personally, I would decline, yes.

Only because the damage done to our playing squad will take longer to rebuild than that and I don't want to go anywhere near that league until we've rebuilt and gelled as a unit...

If at all.

No thanks, we should stick to the plan as laid out, if there are other casualties so be it, karma is indeed a bitch. Also it lets the manager have some breathing space to develop a team and as a manager, or alternatively be replaced if the need is required.

I'd really love there never to be another match against them. If we could move on to England or elsewhere, thus removing ourselves from the bigoted, parochial backwater of Scottish football, we'd be in a better place, and what is more, they would be left to feel the full hit of the bigoted decision they wilfully entered into.

Nice to see the journalists being more balanced, including this ex-tim, but I'm happy to make our own way and let the full effects of their calamitous decision come home to roost for them.

Let them flounder on the rock they tried to smash us on.