Title 55?

d_mcewan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 54 titles is mentioned in the song, they don't state which league the titles are from, nor should they....which was my point.

As for the second part.............I don't give an Ertha Kitt how many titles Man City have won.

Do you? :7325:

Not really, but they have won 3 Premier leagues (or equivalent) and 7 championships (or equivalent). They don't count it as 10. Man U are similar. Infact, now I think of it Man U are probably a better example. Last season Man U became the 'most succesful side in england' by virtue of overtaking Liverpools record of 18 league titles. Except if liverpool were to stoop to the level proposed by some here then THEY would still be the most succesful as they have won 4 'championships' compared to Man Us 2.

Not really, but they have won 3 Premier leagues (or equivalent) and 7 championships (or equivalent). They don't count it as 10. Man U are similar. Infact, now I think of it Man U are probably a better example. Last season Man U became the 'most succesful side in england' by virtue of overtaking Liverpools record of 18 league titles. Except if liverpool were to stoop to the level proposed by some here then THEY would still be the most succesful as they have won 4 'championships' compared to Man Us 2.

Interesting wee story and probably worthy of discussion but (there's always a but) for me it's title #55 this year.

You're welcome to join me and the rest at the party. :7325:

Interesting wee story and probably worthy of discussion but (there's always a but) for me it's title #55 this year.

This annoys me. You think anyone who disagrees with you won't be celebrating when we win the league? Then you miss the point entirely.

I'll be at the party. Most definitely. This is, imo, the one title that is going to mean the most to me of all the ones I've seen (and I include the '9' in that.)

I'll be at the party. Most definitely. This is, imo, the one title that is going to mean the most to me of all the ones I've seen (and I include the '9' in that.)

So will JamieD (above), but he'll be slightly miffed if we party too much, or so it seems. :pipe:

(Throws line into water and waits.............. :thumbup: )

So will JamieD (above), but he'll be slightly miffed if we party too much, or so it seems. :pipe:

(Throws line into water and waits.............. :thumbup: )

Ahhh, you're one of those middle-aged men who isn't embarrassed to be "fishing" on the internet. I fancy I'll be attending another party if you don't mind :lol:

I think its important to remember that If the SFL hadn't let us play football in their league we wouldn't have a title to win, with every thing our great club dose we have to show respect to the SFL and claim this title and shout about it as loudly as we can, this is our first on our way back to the top. And we should get that Irn bru bus as well.

No, weve been scottish champions 54 times, saying 55 devalues every other title, its something the tarriers would do, we dont need to bump up our records.

Are the Scottish Premier league, The 1st Div, 2nd Div and 3rd Div the same thing? No, so its not the same as the other 54, I find the logic quite simple myself.

We’ll finish something like 33rd position in Scottish Football, so while we should celebrate it as an achievement, it doesn’t rank alongside the previous 54.

We’ve been 54 times champions of Scotland, this won’t be 55.

So.....The question is....When is a Title ....err...not a Title???.....C'mon fellow bears...This Title IMO is the most important of all....Our club was on the verge of extinction ....so to NOT recognise the Title is foolish....and don't forget 55 Titles will leave a certain club with steam coming out of their ears....LEST WE FORGET......55....and counting.... :21: ......and I dont want to see one empty seat at Ibrox on May the 4th.... :uk:

Rangers Then....Rangers Now...Rangers Forever...

Well it's 54 league titles and SFL3 will be another league title so 55 for me. Although if we win the 3 divisions and then 7 SPL titles would that be counted as 10 in a row????

I think in many years to come this point in our history will obviously be a stand out period and would be and should be recognised that these titles have been won

It is obviously only the titles right at the top of the pile that count as the world record. The third division championship will be on our honours list but not as one of the 54.

Trying to claim every league on the way up isn't our style... the longer we wait until our 55th, the sweeter it will be.

And when we achieve this we will still be 'welcoming the chase...' and that other mob will still be 'forever in our shadow.'