Ally McCoist stating interest in players again.

Not sure but there are 2 sides to every coin.

I am sure a few would be up in arms if he was quiet and never got anyone in, this way at least some will be happy that he is actually looking around for players.

Ideally we would keep our interest to ourselves but with agents ect these days the stories always break anyway.

Not sure but there are 2 sides to every coin.

I am sure a few would be up in arms if he was quiet and never got anyone in, this way at least some will be happy that he is actually looking around for players.

Ideally we would keep our interest to ourselves but with agents ect these days the stories always break anyway.

This is coming from Ally McCoist himself. It was on the Official RFC twitter and STV,

Why does he continue to come out and state his interest in a player? Why is no one telling him to stay quiet?

It would be better to do the business then come out and say we have signed..... this is like Whyte days Ally coming out stating who he wanted to sign letting every club be known or building it up again letting the fans know were in for players.

This is coming from Ally McCoist himself. It was on the Official RFC twitter and STV,

No Idea mate as I'm at work but as I said these stories break anyway especially if it's players in Scotland we are looking at.

He must be confident of getting them if he actually made quotes.

I'd prefer us to our dealings on the low down but I have no expierence of it while Ally does so I can't really say either way for sure.

People were going tonto a few years ago complaining about Walter Smith not letting us know what his thoughts were regarding new signings. This place is mental :lol:

Walter smith knew what he was doing, He never told everyone who he wanted only for the manky mob to go in and make a bit or any other team down south etc...

Walter smith knew what he was doing, He never told everyone who he wanted only for the manky mob to go in and make a bit or any other team down south etc...

I actually agree with you but I'm just pointing out what people were saying at the time.

Bottom line is every manager is different. Our manager is in his second term - it's unreasonable to expect him to be Jose Mourinho both on and off the pitch.

I don't agree with stating an "interest" of players on our official website and think it should only go on the site when things are finalised as we have seen the problems with that in the past but if ally is asked a question at a press conference then it's difficult to deny anything when utd and the players agent have already confirmed our interest...and as godfather says if he said nothing some would be complaining about that...

I actually agree with you but I'm just pointing out what people were saying at the time.

Bottom line is every manager is different. Our manager is in his second term - it's unreasonable to expect him to be Jose Mourinho both on and off the pitch.

He's been at Rangers for 6 years 4 of those he worked under Walter smith. You would think he would have picked up a few things on the way Walter dealt with things.

He's been at Rangers for 6 years 4 of those he worked under Walter smith. You would think he would have picked up a few things on the way Walter dealt with things.

Was it not Walter who declared we were in for Commons only for Celt*c to then come in and take him?

was he asked about daily or just said it from yhe off? You make it sound like he has a big mouth, irony.

was he asked about daily or just said it from yhe off? You make it sound like he has a big mouth, irony.

To be fair mate I've just watched his interview on rangers tv and its conducted at Murray park and seems to be coming purely from in house....as I say I understand keeping the fans informed but I just don't think it's ideal to officially register our interest on our official sites until something is confirmed.

I'm not that keen on releasing statements on the official site about players who are currently under contract with other clubs. I know he will be out of contract in the summer but it just seems a bit unprofessional.

I would rather we kept it quiet until we actually knew if these players were even interested in talking to us first before naming them.

I'm more disappointed by the fact the daly thing seems to be true than I am ally talking about it

Indeed. Ajax style football my ass....lump it up the park more like. Does he think we are all stupid when he makes statements like that? We will just blindly follow all googly eyed. I think not.