Green won't sack McCoist

jdonald755

I can't see Green asking McCoist to step aside.

Sacking a club legend could cause a lot animosity towards him from a large group of fans.

It's simply easier to keep him as long as he gets promoted each season.

But IMO it would not only be a brave decision but the right one to ask Coisty to step aside.

It should be done in the correct manner however.

McCoist deserves to walk away with his head held high. He has had it dufficult with little pre season and time to find players but it still doesn't excuse some of this year's performances.

He has been a rock for us and very loyal but I just don't think he has it in him to be a top manager.

We have a chance to build a brand new squad on the road to the top, whilst bleeding in youngsters and creating a style of play.

A year has been wasted. Let's not waste another one, two or even three with the same frustrating tactics, players out of position and poor signings.

We need a man everyone can trust to take us back to the top.

Because at the moment our loyal support deserves better than we are currently getting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Green is more likely to try backing him for another season, letting him bring in some players and see if there is any change.

If Ally gets a chance to build a squad and they STILL perform like today then I will no longer be able to defend him.

Ally should do what is best for the club and walk. He claims to be Rangers this and Rangers that, well do what needs done and walk. Maybe Green wants forced out himself? Backing a failing manager is one way to lose fans support. Asking them to grass on each other another and publicly criticising the players another one. I don't think he would want to be seen as walking away himself.

I think Green is more likely to try backing him for another season, letting him bring in some players and see if there is any change.

If Ally gets a chance to build a squad and they STILL perform like today then I will no longer be able to defend him.

That will be his third squad then. That's some job he has.

That will be his third squad then. That's some job he has.

Aye his first squad deserted him and his second squad was thrown together in 28 days at the end of the transfer window, with no actual knowledge of whether or not we would even have a fucking license to play football.

Your point caller?

worst bit for me is i would asume, it will be walter who advises who should be manager and not only will he never sack mccoist, if ally walks it would be more jobs for the boys. With the wages we pay our managers we should be able to attract managers from all over the world there is not many clubs who can pay over a million a year salary

If he didn't walk the CEO would sack him. Should still with this league but if the performances result in fewer fans turning up and risk of fewer season ticket sales next year if fans felt they were in for more of the same then I think he'd act before the end of the season to set a marker of expectation of better stuff next season

If it doesn't work out, then I'll be gutted for Ally. He's my hero. Grew up watching the man epitomise what it was to be a Ranger. But my heart belongs to Rangers and what's best for the club always comes first. The issue I'm in right now on here is that I truly believe that what is best for Rangers is keeping Ally as our manager. I agree with gogzy, he needs time to build a squad. To actually stamp his mark on a team free from extreme external issues. If at the end of next season we have seen no improvement in our play then serious questions need to be asked and answered. Head in the sand etc call it what you want, but the least he and Rangers deserves is time.

Aye his first squad deserted him and his second squad was thrown together in 28 days at the end of the transfer window, with no actual knowledge of whether or not we would even have a fucking license to play football.

Your point caller?

But he did have them for a full season, a squad full of double winners, most of whom had won 3 titles in a row and he managed to ruin them. He was even allowed to increase his squad by no less than 9 players, giving him many more options but he just made a bigger mess of things with most turning out to be complete wastes of money.

28 days or not, the signings were lazy, poorly thought out and desperate. Our club should have a scouting network and database on file for players from all over. Any fan off the street could have clubbed together the names of Shiels, Black and Sandaza. Some knew not to touch them as well but Ally thought he knew better. Random players were brought in on trial for a short period of time and signed as Ally thought they were good enough, how wrong he was, again. Use the licence excuse all you want, it just adds to the list of desperate excuses people drag up to defend the indefencible.

My point is, Ally McCoist is the worst manager in our history. By some way too. From start to finish, his tenure has been a complete shambles. From one humiliation to another. From one worst result in our history to another.

Your point caller?

Ally McCoist has not had much luck since taking over as Rangers manager but, whats his excuse for playing players out of positions? What his excuse for players not being fast enough? Whats his excuse for out players not being able to pass a ball to there own team mates?

If it doesn't work out, then I'll be gutted for Ally. He's my hero. Grew up watching the man epitomise what it was to be a Ranger. But my heart belongs to Rangers and what's best for the club always comes first. The issue I'm in right now on here is that I truly believe that what is best for Rangers is keeping Ally as our manager. I agree with gogzy, he needs time to build a squad. To actually stamp his mark on a team free from extreme external issues. If at the end of next season we have seen no improvement in our play then serious questions need to be asked and answered. Head in the sand etc call it what you want, but the least he and Rangers deserves is time.

He is playing in the 4th tier of Scottish football what more of a chance could he have wanted than that?

And it's gonna be a couple of seasons before we are back in the top flight so time is something we have.

He is playing in the 4th tier of Scottish football what more of a chance could he have wanted than that?

Stop. Don't act like this is the easiest job in the world. Coz it really isn't. Put another team through everything we went through. If they win every game 4-0 walking the league with ease then I'll hold my hands up, but my instincts tell me they would also struggle facing the same circumstances we have faced.

We don't have a lot of money with his record are you really going to give him what we have to spend?

When has he wasted millions before? What reason do people have to doubt Ally? He brought in some suspect players while whyte was pinching pennies, and he had to bring in free tranfers and cheap deals to build a squad this season. So, seriously what legitimate reason do people have to doubt him on this?

When has he wasted millions before? What reason do people have to doubt Ally? He brought in some suspect players while whyte was pinching pennies, and he had to bring in free tranfers and cheap deals to build a squad this season. So, seriously what legitimate reason do people have to doubt him on this?

His record in the transfer market is diabolical. Most of his transfers have not worked. He wasted over £4m last year. £4m we did not have. This season we have wasted tens of thousands per week on duds like Sandaza, Black, Shiels, Cribari.......money wasted on Argyriou, Faure. Shocking talent spotting.

His record in the transfer market is diabolical. Most of his transfers have not worked. He wasted over £4m last year. £4m we did not have. This season we have wasted tens of thousands per week on duds like Sandaza, Black, Shiels, Cribari.......money wasted on Argyriou, Faure. Shocking talent spotting.

How did we not have it? Are we in debt now?

Seriously? Build a squad in 2 weeks to play in the fourth tier of Scottish football and you're shocked we didn't pick up the next Messi? doh

Or are you going to say we should have spent peanuts on SFL2 and SFL1 players and everything would have been acceptable then? Don't bother, heard it before and it's shite.

We don't have a lot of money with his record are you really going to give him what we have to spend?

We don't have to spend a lot of money to make changes in the squad. There are gonna be a lot of freebies available in the summer.

Everyone is talking about increasing our scouting network and finding bargins, well none of that can or will come to fruition till we can actually sign a player again.

Apart from what you read about in the papers and occasional soundbites from Ally about certain players, we have no idea what type of players will come in and how much they will cost.