'Silk' scarf - VOTE - now closed

'Silk' Rangers scarf.  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which design would you purchase?

• spectre
    • thefarmer
    • brian1872
    • nacho_nacho_man

Not sure it'll matter given the early way the vote is going but my position would be a white fringe, dependant on the type of fringe available. If it was the long stringy type then alternating red white and blue would be my suggestion.

red, white and blue i'd say that would look class, good design mate well done (tu)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nacho, see your manufacturer, any chance you could get some photos of what their final scarves look like? like previous designs, just to get a sense of texture, tassels etc.

I'll be speaking with them tomorrow mate. Will be sure to request a high res sample pic, which I'll add to the thread.

This must be what its like for the women when voting on xfactor as this was tough. Nacho i love all the final four you have put up so big thanks for all your efforts and narrowing it down as you had many a good design.

I went for spectre as i think it brings a modern touch to the era your looking at.

Really enjoyed checking out all the designs been cracking and i'll defo buy at least 3 of whatever one wins no probs so good luck to the finalists and they are all cracking.

Cheers nacho bloody cracking idea and ill buy ya a pint when i pick my scarves up!

:21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21:

We could put any of these designs onto a scarf and I'd be proud to wear it.

I hope by no means this competition will be a one off.

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Afternoon all,

Ok, so it's taken slightly longer than anticipated to draw up a top list of designs.

Designs by spectre, thefarmer, brian1872 and a wild card entry by myself (based upon a certain vintage ebay listing) are being put to the forum for mass poll.

This will allow us to ascertain a realistic quantity for commission.

To reiterate, this is a nil profit offering - with all proceeds being donated to Rangers.

designs.jpg

To show my appreciation to those that took part, I propose that all finalists (bar myself) receive a free scarf to say thanks for their efforts.

A word on designs:

Above all simplicity was the key. Whilst many attractive designs were submitted, many of these were deemed to be too complex and ultimately would cause issues during print.

Once this poll has been concluded, the winning design will be tidied up to HD quality.

I hope that the Nacho man one, if it wins, gets properly edited so that everything is centred and spaced correctly - at the moment the various shields are all at sea in terms of alignment.

I hope that the Nacho man one, if it wins, gets properly edited so that everything is centred and spaced correctly - at the moment the various shields are all at sea in terms of alignment.

These are just preliminaries V. Once it's decided they'll be formatted properly for manufacture. Not sure if someone on here is doing it or the manufacturers themselves.

Here is what it will look like (maybe a few tweaks before being sent to the manufacturer).

You happy with the alignment now? :P

14tuef.png

No. The shields are now at different levels on every panel - they should be each equidistant between the lines and identical in every panel.

I can't explain what I mean properly, I will Photoshop it later so you see what I mean.

No. The shields are now at different levels on every panel - they should be each equidistant between the lines and identical in every panel.

I can't explain what I mean properly, I will Photoshop it later so you see what I mean.

I'v just checked the geometry on the vector file and everything is equally spaced.

This was really tough, l went for Spectre, but l loved them all. l'll be buying a couple any way no matter who wins.

This is probably a dumb question, but could somebody tell me if there is any significance in the yellow lion and the red lion?

Once this poll has been concluded, the winning design will be tidied up to HD quality.

This would include uniform alignment and what not. Given the time restraints put in place, the purpose of these designs were to provide an overall idea of how the scarf would look.

Tidying up work will be required prior to the choice design being put into print.

You are right to point out these issues, however rest assured I will not be commissioning any design that is not 'spot on'.