Walter Missed Out On Shearer

I vaguely remember Steve Bull being linked with a move to us. He would have beefed up the attack :pipe:

He was all set to sign until his missus put a stop to it...................................Fukin' cow.

The £6 million deal for Bergkamp was very close to being done.

Collapsed because of the money, £1m signing on fee and 20k a week, he wanted 25 or 30k, can't remember which one.

Walter said they offered 700k signing on fee with the basic he asked for, his people said no, Walter said had never dealt with anything like it, he had a few accountants and solicitors turn up for signing talks.

That means we would have had Shearer for the 92/93 Champions League run. I don't want to think about what might have been if we had signed him.

I suppose during this time he would have been a welcomed headache in terms of team selection,

Surely they're Would be no room to play shearer/coisty/hateley in same team ?

I'd have him in the team right now purely on this tackle alone

I suppose during this time he would have been a welcomed headache in terms of team selection,

Gary McSwegan got games during that time so I'd imagine Shearer would've as well.

Did McCoist & Hateley not only play together once during the group stages due to injury/suspension?

Edit: Just checked, it was 3, although Hateley was sent off before half time in one.

We apparently tried again when he was at Blackburn but a spokesman denied it.

http://www.thefreeli...low.-a061315910

Blackburn chairman Jack Walker last night told Rangers: No amount of dosh can buy Alan Shearer.

Walker spoke out as reports claimed that Rangers were on the brink of launching a pounds 10million bid for the England strike star.

Walker insists he has not heard from the Ibrox giants - and won't deal with them if he does.

He said: "For starters I don't know if this reported interest from Rangers is true.

"But it really doesn't matter because the man is simply not for sale. That is the end of the matter. No amount of money will make me change my mind. I don't need to know if Rangers want him or not, because Shearer will be going nowhere."

Gers boss Walter Smith is desperate to land a big-name striker this summer after failing to tempt Gianluca Vialli to Ibrox.

Shearer would certainly fit the bill. But chairman David Murray will clearly have to offer the earth to make Walker change his mind.

But a Rangers' spokesman said last night: "I don't know who is making up these stories. There is no truth to it whatsoever, we haven't spoken to either the club or the player."

Shearer said: "In five weeks' time I will be back in training - hopefully with a Euro 96 medal to show to Colin Hendry."

Jardel always hurts :anguish:.

My dad was telling me about him recently. You have to wonder though how much was paper talk rather than missed opportunities. Also what i think, just so i don't cry about it is that it might not have worked for them at all here and they may not have been the players they are now/ or ended up being.

David Batty pulling Lennons feet off the pitch so they could get on with the game is hilarious.

My dad was telling me about him recently. You have to wonder though how much was paper talk rather than missed opportunities. Also what i think, just so i don't cry about it is that it might not have worked for them at all here and they may not have been the players they are now/ or ended up being.

jardel.gif

I mind he came up and watched a game throughout the whole signing saga. It was against Raith Rovers at Ibrox in 96 if I remember correctly. He was sitting in the directors box.

I thought it was all done and dusted that day, he clearly wanted to sign for us.

I mind he came up and watched a game throughout the whole signing saga. It was against Raith Rovers at Ibrox in 96 if I remember correctly. He was sitting in the directors box.

I thought it was all done and dusted that day, he clearly wanted to sign for us.

Why didn't he in the end?