Grounds for a lawsuit vs SPL/SFA/SFL

nvager

If the 12 12 18 Reconstruction plan goes through, with us in the 18, then surely there are grounds for a lawsuit.

For instance:

1. Article 85 of the SFA Constitution say if there is any reforming of leagues then we should be promoted. I believe it also states that 2 years notice of reconstruction is required.

Can we take out an injunction if necessary?

2. The additional monies spent to acquire promotion was then wasted.

3. ST holders did not pay to watch what turned out to be meaningless friendlies and have been cheated. (A class action lawsuit?)

4. We stand to lose income from future STs as many people may not want to watch the same teams all over again.

5. After the not guilty verdicts from the tax case and Lord Nimmo's Commission are we not entitled to some monies held by the SPL - or at least the"OldCo" is?

6. TV money - what is the deal here?

Any lawyers on RM that can comment?

l agree, that's like me saying l'm going to have a raffle, say to everyone the first prize is a brand new Mercedes, then sell all the tickets then just before the draw tell everyone l've changed my mind there is no first prize any more. But l'm keeping all your money any way.

That surely can't be right.

1-4 Are spot on mate , although 5 and 6 =

5. After the not guilty verdicts from the tax case and Lord Nimmo's Commission are we not entitled to some monies held by the SPL - or at least the"OldCo" is?

5= I don't think they have enough monies to pay us

6= They don't know what the tv deal will be , cause they aint got a clue

Lawwell and Doncaster know what the sky contract is.

They just won't release it untill reconstruction has been forced through.

IMO this contract is key and will show how far these jokers will go for out tv rights.

People, even those with no association with Rangers want to watch us rise up and improve year on year.

Therefore in Scotland we are the biggest pull, we hold the most value.

Unfortunately Doncaster will bribe the SFL into accepting the reconstruction... Even though it would probably be more profitable

For the SFL just to sell our rights direct to SKY or another broadcaster.

Every club needs to "seek clarification" (not a referee involved) on what the actual Sky deal entails .....

I can't believe more hasn't been published in the mhedia about this hidden secret .... Well I can actually.

1-4 Are spot on mate , although 5 and 6 =

5= I don't think they have enough monies to pay us

6= They don't know what the tv deal will be , cause they aint got a clue

Whether they have the money or not is immaterial, we are owed it and the debt MUST be pursued, for the sake of the oldco creditors. If it bankrupts the SPL then so be it.

Being saying this for a while now....this doesn't just affect us either (albeit we would be the only ones not to benefit from the proposed structure) 3rd division teams/fans have travelled the length of the country for nothing if this goes through....there must be a legal angle from the clubs perspective in terms of "sorting integrity" but also via the fans who have spent hinders/thousands of pounds on glorified friendly matches....(trades description act??)

The SFL hold a bargaining chip for reconstruction. What they want is 1 league body with combined TV deal and a seat at the table.

They only hold that chip while we are in the league. If it doesn't go through this year they will have lost their chance as we are only in their league for 2 more seasons and that won't attract big money for the long term.

They are not in as strong a position as people think they are.

I actually think the SFL clubs will reject this plan, most of them in D3 do not want an 18 team league.

Even the SPL vote is not certain with Ross County admitting they are voting no.

There are absolutely no ground on which any season ticket holder could sue the SFA. SPL or SFL.

Reason?

Not a single ticket holder, season or otherwise, has a contract with any of those bodies which may or may not have been broken.

The contract for season tickets is for admission to 18 games this season, and a seat (not guaranteed same seat). That's it.

Rangers MAY have grounds for an injunction (ref SFL rule 85 & precedent).

Any monies being withheld by SFA / SPL should immediately be released, most likely to OldCo.

There are absolutely no ground on which any season ticket holder could sue the SFA. SPL or SFL.

Reason?

Not a single ticket holder, season or otherwise, has a contract with any of those bodies which may or may not have been broken.

The contract for season tickets is for admission to 18 games this season, and a seat (not guaranteed same seat). That's it.

Any monies being withheld by SFA / SPL should immediately be released, most likely to OldCo.

I don't think it would apply in this case but there is a legal principle of rights of the third party to a contract, you don't necessarily require to be a party to the contract to be able to claim damages. As I say though, probably irrelevant and I'd have to go back to a book I've not read in a few years to be reminded of when such rights can apply.

Reason?

I don't think it would apply in this case but there is a legal principle of rights of the third party to a contract, you don't necessarily require to be a party to the contract to be able to claim damages. As I say though, probably irrelevant and I'd have to go back to a book I've not read in a few years to be reminded of when such rights can apply.

What about information of freedom requests being fired at sky/espn/spl and sfa as to how it was brokered, and to be honest if the re-construction goes ahead, sky and espn have missed sold this seasons tv packages to us the consumer?' And will we reniew these tv packages for next season knowing we are being miss-sold

Don't think it will go through. The uncertainty over Hearts and Dunfermline doesn't help their cause. Big article on Bloomberg, apparently it will be months before the banks decide what to do with Hearts. Losing a team at the start of the season would be careless

Where the hell is Doncaster, still in France? He needs to make an appearance and start doing his job. David Longmuir has requested details of the contract since January. He hasn't responded to the result of the commission properly yet. Am I right in thinking he is postponing the SPL vote until the SFL have theirs? Perhaps he's planning to stay in hiding until after the votes on reconstruction. Its time he faced the music.

I hope RFC have a very good lawyer/QC studying all of this.

Can the fans get together and raise a class action suit against this mob?

There must be some way the fans of Div 3 clubs can make their displeasure known surely?

In the 12 12 divisions how can they know what to charge and are the STs for 22 or ? many games?

What about information of freedom requests being fired at sky/espn/spl and sfa as to how it was brokered, and to be honest if the re-construction goes ahead, sky and espn have missed sold this seasons tv packages to us the consumer?' And will we reniew these tv packages for next season knowing we are being miss-sold

going requests are public bodies only not private