Our own half

chrisrfc1986

Today at the game, it was very concerning to see when we were in possession of the ball the negativity of the players to go forward.

Countless times we would pick up the ball and our whole team is camped in our half. It almost looks as if we are scared to push forward. Watching stirling, when they were in possession, they would press us very well.

We seem to hold a very deep line, in which ( amongst other factors ) creates us a lot of bother.

I don't think it is an excuse to say a lot of 1st team players are out. These lads are training most days to an spl standard with the very best facilities, what ever rangers team was on that park should have beat stirling.

No communication, no drive, no self belief.... Just shite. Something has to give, as there is a lot of unrest about Ibrox on match day. Possibly the worst I've witnessed today.

Today was shite.

The players don't give us anything to cheer about, the fans try and make it an atmosphere but c'mon to fuck Rangers actually try to play football and excite us for a change. If we can't do it against the worst teams in the country then what chance do we have against better ones?

The manager keeps coming out with the same boring repetitive rubbish every week about it not being good enough while demanding an improvement yet the players clearly just ignore him.

Something has to give and pretty soon or ST sales will suffer badly because the football on show just now is an insult to The Rangers.

Aye a agree, it's an effort to go to Ibrox now, let alone stay for the full 90, due to the drivel on the park. And as for McCoist ... I've said it for months he's not the 1 to take is forward, but many mixed opinions on that matter.

Aye a agree, it's an effort to go to Ibrox now, let alone stay for the full 90, due to the drivel on the park. And as for McCoist ... I've said it for months he's not the 1 to take is forward, but many mixed opinions on that matter.

You are one of the few people to say "he isnt the man to take us forward" and that is fair enough. You may even be proved right in the end. But what irks me the most is people writing him off as a manager after only 2 years in a job.

I noticed today that the players were constantly looking to put the ball out wide, even when there is gallons of space in the centre. looks as if McCoist has little faith in his centre-mids. so frustrating to watch

Is it not maybe the fact that our most creative players were out wide today? Or we were trying to stretch the opposition? IMO there are only 2 wingers in the entire squad, Temps and Aird. Mckay is never a winger, he's a central player every day of the week, twice on Sunday. Play him in behind a striker or 2, that's where he would be most effective.

Is it not maybe the fact that our most creative players were out wide today? Or we were trying to stretch the opposition? IMO there are only 2 wingers in the entire squad, Temps and Aird. Mckay is never a winger, he's a central player every day of the week, twice on Sunday. Play him in behind a striker or 2, that's where he would be most effective.

you're probably right. I thought Crawford looked alot more inventive than McKay and Aird today though

You are one of the few people to say "he isnt the man to take us forward" and that is fair enough. You may even be proved right in the end. But what irks me the most is people writing him off as a manager after only 2 years in a job.

I possibly expect more from our team and management. The style of play has been terrible, for a long time.

I respect what McCoist has brought us through, he was a strong character at a horrible time. But I think it's time to move forward.

I absolutly love it when our goalie just humps the ball up the park at every opportunity,my boy is a goalie and told to play it out to either full back,that goes wide and looks for the ball ,possession is the key,SURELY...........

Plenty have complained when we play up the middle but now some are complaining that we're going wide? Some of our best results have been with wide play.We need to be able to mix it up,that's why I think an 'old fashioned' 4-4-2 would suit our players but defo not 1 up front on his own,not in this league.