54 and 1 or 55?

Jtf1872

just readin the sunday liam. coisty says it will be title number 55.I have forgot wat has been said on here before would like a few opinions is it 55 league titles or 54 and one third division???? no surrender

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 54 titles until we get back to the SPL. These titles don't count.

i was thinking that mate but then i was thinking we can only win whatever is put in front of us so was swaying to call it 55??

Lower division titles aren't champions titles in the true sense of the word so definitely 54 and 1 for me

Surprised that Ally is calling it 55.

Then again he needs all the positive half-truths he can muster at the moment

I'd say 55. I know that this will be a 2nd. class title but we should also add the war time titles as well.

What a kick in the goolies for some people that would be. After putting all that effort into trying to strip titles

they find that the gap has widened.

And while we're at it :- I think Coisty should make a cheeky offer for some of their players.

and why would they sign for a 3rd. Div,. club :- to gain the experience of playing in front of 48000 every other week.

(I'm ignoring yesterdays crowd figures, my memory can be as selective as theirs.

61 plus 1 ;)

I believe our "war titles" should be respected but not included.

I posted the following before on this:

Its a shame these titles are not allowed. At a time of great hardship and stress things like football along with music, dancing, theatre would have been great morale boosters, and were probably more difficult to organise. Would be interesting to compare attendances if available for these games with pre-war and post-war games. Would there have been a greater interest in these games, and would that reflect their importance ?

And would those serving abroad or in army camps etc around the country or in some unimagible situations not be homesick for their families sweethearts, news from home and might even cling a little to some news about their favourite football teams.

It might be possible that these were the most important times for football teams to carry on as normal, and perhaps we underestimate how important these games would have been ?

I feel that those titles were so important ,we should not now declare them valid in the official count but should treat them as seperate and special.

The decision was taken at the time not to count them as official titles and i feel it would be wrong to change that now.

For these reasons I think they are probably our most important titles and should be given a special area and great prominence in our trophy room and in our history books as a special sign of respect to the armed forces and people of this country.

I will count our titles as 54+1+ the 7 very special but seperate "war titles" (1 West Region League, 5 Southern League and 1 "A" division)

Like the heroes who fought for our country, they should not be forgotten.

It will of course be the 55th league title in rangers history, however only top titles count toward the record so is therefore null and void, but if we are being completely accurate then it is a league title and i'm sure this is what coisty meant.