My response to Vanguard and others regarding Ally McCoist

Muirheadbear

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First line in the op says it all, this is about football not that pish.

It's now clear any fool still backing Ally as the boss is just that a fool or supports any other team other than Rangers.

Op sums up all that is bad in our support, and show just how stupid some of our fans are.

Listen you clown I am neither a fool or a supporter of any club other than Rangers,if you are happy to believe you're own pish get you're head out of you're arse and f@ck off and support some other team that has the same believes and standards as you're self.Plenty of them out there,and none of them are called The Rangers.

We have romped this division, and we have played some good football. But we have been very inconsistant. And mixed the good football in with some totally shocking football.

Exactly. Apparently the many and screamingly obvious reasons for the inconsistent nature of the performances aren't enough to satisfy those ever willing to disrespect McCoist.

Including the very special band who refuse to acknowledge how the man who 'is never a manager' has, somehow, managed to have the team produce some sparkling performances.

Exactly. Apparently the many and screamingly obvious reasons for the inconsistent nature of the performances aren't enough to satisfy those ever willing to disrespect McCoist.

Including the very special band who refuse to acknowledge how the man who 'is never a manager' has, somehow, managed to have the team produce some sparkling performances.

correct. I am also not giving Ally a free pass mate. Some of his choices have been pretty suspect, bit that is to be expected from a relatively new manager.

Sorry, this sentiment stuff has to stop.

Not a single person will fault Ally as a player or his loyalty to Rangers through our tough times. Not a single fan has doubted that. But, in 18 months as manager, this is what we've seen:

• Awful start to the 2011/12 season, abject performances missing out on Europe
  • Awful signings for the most part, both in the SPL and SFL3
  • A 15 point lead at the top of the SPL, squandered before the new year, and before any administration points deduction
  • A bunch of "SPL standard" players, giving us the second highest wage bill in Scotland, yet play garbage football against part-timers

As a player, he was judged by the highest standards, and doesn't change as a manager. The facts are above, he has been a poor manager, and there has been no sign, at least in my eyes, that things will improve under his management

Not a single person will fault Ally as a player or his loyalty to Rangers through our tough times. Not a single fan has doubted that. But, in 18 months as manager, this is what we've seen:

• A 15 point lead at the top of the SPL, squandered before the new year, and before any administration points deduction

• A bunch of "SPL standard" players, giving us the second highest wage bill in Scotland, yet play garbage football against part-timers

As a player, he was judged by the highest standards, and doesn't change as a manager. The facts are above, he has been a poor manager, and there has been no sign, at least in my eyes, that things will improve under his management

Do you really believe Ally is to blame for the rest of European football moving on and leaving Scottish football behind, I think the Blame for this lies at the door of the SFA. Ally does take the blame for trying to make signing that would allow us to compete in the cups, maybe he should have cut his cloth and accepted we are playing in the 3rd division, I know, I would never have accepted that and neither would you.

So presumably you will only quote negative facts? For example you write that be squandered a 15point lead, but not that be built it up? You complain about signings without mentioning that he was blocked from buying the players he wanted in 2011 and was operating in a ridiculous scenario in 2013?

So presumably you will only quote negative facts? For example you write that be squandered a 15point lead, but not that be built it up? You complain about signings without mentioning that he was blocked from buying the players he wanted in 2011 and was operating in a ridiculous scenario in 2013?

Just for clarity, that so called 15pt lead was actually with the rhats having played two games less. In other words you could say it was 9pts really. Don't let Keevins et al bend your minds.

Other considerations -

Naismith injury

Jelavic sold

Administration

Liquidation

Transfer embargo

Total squad leaves

Div 3 (try tempting proper players to come down there - and for the next season or two)

Title stripping

Threadbare squad

We should be playing better. And I'll admit the jury is out on McCoist. However, surely when you consider what he has to deal with over the last 12-18 months he's due more time? He's only our 13th manager in over 141 years remember.

Just for clarity, that so called 15pt lead was actually with the rhats having played two games less. In other words you could say it was 9pts really. Don't let Keevins et al bend your minds.

Other considerations -

Naismith injury

Jelavic sold

Administration

Liquidation

Transfer embargo

Total squad leaves

Div 3 (try tempting proper players to come down there - and for the next season or two)

Title stripping

Threadbare squad

We should be playing better. And I'll admit the jury is out on McCoist. However, surely when you consider what he has to deal with over the last 12-18 months he's due more time? He's only our 13th manager in over 141 years remember.

well i have always thought 13 was lucky for me, passed both my motorbike and car tests on black fridays, i have stayed successfully at a house with 13, maybe Ally will be our most successfull manager in our history and acheive 10 in a row, the cup is half full always.

The worry is our earning potential over the next few years will be low so we really have to avoid wasting money and this is what worries me about giving McCoist more to spend.

There's been a lot of valid points made it this thread criticising Ally. I understand these views and in fact I wholeheartedly agree with many previously stated. I just feel that all things considered he is worthy of more time. Like I said earlier, if we had a forum back in 1985 it would be full of 'get rid of that duffer up front he's useless!" And then look what happened. Did he not start his managerial carrier with a record 15 away game record of not conceding a goal?

all i can say is every one that's pro-independence and non loyalist and no a proddy, ud better stay away from the linfield game, as for Ally he deserves our support hole heartedly

fk wisnae going to go but now am going just to see what the fuck I should have stayed away from.

any one remember Ada Hartford fae man city - diagnosed with a hole in the heart and played on - and the TV commentator saying ' one thing you can't accuse Hartford of is not being a whole hearted player' !!

The worry is our earning potential over the next few years will be low so we really have to avoid wasting money and this is what worries me about giving McCoist more to spend.

.... and the next untested manager comes in and dares lose a couple of games - sack them as well ? next thing we are down the Blackburn route of multiple managers per season !

.... and the next untested manager comes in and dares lose a couple of games - sack them as well ? next thing we are down the Blackburn route of multiple managers per season !

Never want to see that at Rangers, its a slippery slope, that way lies ruin... Look at Man U, a lot of their success is simply down to continuity.

Everything about us is awful at the moment. I sometimes think people can look too deep into it. We are just not good at the moment, mainly down to the quality of player we have.

I think if you were to pick any of our young players and loan them out to any club in the SFL they would stand out, not saying they would do it consistantly though.