Neil Murray (chief scout) suspended by Rangers

Mark Walters

It just strikes me as odd that I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of club internal suspensions in recent years at Rangers then within a week Sandaza and Murray are suspended it might be coincidence but it is unusual no doubt about that.

Good point, I was thinking that Mr M may have been our press leak but what you say makes sense.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 pages of assumptions, conjecture and rumour.

After the amount of bile that has been put out regarding this seasons transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Murry has hit the bottle, came in pished on a couple of occasions and had his knuckles rapped.

There's another rumour for everyone, as nobody knows what is going on.

We blame the dark side for damaging our club, but we can be just as bad on forums.

So does the manager say to the scout..................we need this position and that position filled , so away you go. Or does the scout go and say to Ally , here I think we should have this player and that player as the team is weak here.

And then when a scout comes back with names for manager to look at .............does the manager go and look at the player for himself, or just plug into you tube...........re last simmer when players coming and going , was it the manager or scout who decided the players to be signed?

Sometimes I would imagine a CEO would be involved as deciding , perhaps if the manager sent up the list to the CEO to look at salaries and budgets , as in do the fit in and will they sign for less. Perhaps certain CEOs may offer players for the manager to consider, this as in most business could place a manager in an awkward situation.

So basically what's going on is nothing to do with he is producing crap players , if you accept he is told what to look for as in positions, what to look for in, would they come to the club. If you accept all of the above then it has to be something to do with money either expenses or perhaps financial inducement from agents..............but, he has no power re the player being offered a contract.

Interesting outcome.

Can't we just call the CEO 'Green', for that is who we speak of.

I can't see Murray recommending half of the players who ended up coming last summer to be fair. I believe he would have looked to follow the tried and trusted Livi/Gretna route to gain promotion except with 1st and 2nd div players who would have gave an eye to play for Rangers,instead we end up paying inflated wages for the likes of Shiels and Black?

To this day I have no idea why we never followed their lead, I must be fucking stupid or simple but there was a clear blue print there for us to copy and improve on with players who would have been easy to negotiate with and instead we end up with Edmilson, sheer neglect of the football club I'd say and I find it difficult to believe NM is in any way responsible.

Good point, I was thinking that Mr M may have been our press leak but what you say makes sense.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything its just procedure to suspend an employee pending an investigation but its rare at Rangers so it could be connected to the Sandaza issue but it might not be.

My original point was everyone at the club connected with bringing players in and how they play should be held accountable, Neil Murray is just but 1 of them.

At the end of the day how many of Rangers signing targets surprise you in a good way?....i.e. "This guy could be worth a bob or 2 in a few years?"

Scouts have unearthed how many diamonds?

If Green doesn't think the scouts are finding us anything with prospect attached then chin the staff - it is after all their job.

are the signings we have made the scouts and managers first picks? Or are they their ninth or tenth pick?

So does the manager say to the scout..................we need this position and that position filled , so away you go. Or does the scout go and say to Ally , here I think we should have this player and that player as the team is weak here.

And then when a scout comes back with names for manager to look at .............does the manager go and look at the player for himself, or just plug into you tube...........re last simmer when players coming and going , was it the manager or scout who decided the players to be signed?

Sometimes I would imagine a CEO would be involved as deciding , perhaps if the manager sent up the list to the CEO to look at salaries and budgets , as in do the fit in and will they sign for less. Perhaps certain CEOs may offer players for the manager to consider, this as in most business could place a manager in an awkward situation.

So basically what's going on is nothing to do with he is producing crap players , if you accept he is told what to look for as in positions, what to look for in, would they come to the club. If you accept all of the above then it has to be something to do with money either expenses or perhaps financial inducement from agents..............but, he has no power re the player being offered a contract.

Interesting outcome.

A good post ED (aswell as the previous one you made).

With regards to scouting - surely the people in the boardroom have to some sort of scouting policy/strategy in place in the first place.

I think it is unfair to blame one guy over our lack of success in this, when over the last 30 years Directors and Managers have tried to buy the "finished product" to ensure we win things rather than focus on our long-term well-being.

This would obviously require investment, structures and networks being put in place, confidence in our decisions, and most of all - patience (from both the Club and the fans).

Sorry for going off-topic.

A good post ED (aswell as the previous one you made).

With regards to scouting - surely the people in the boardroom have to some sort of scouting policy/strategy in place in the first place.

I think it is unfair to blame one guy over our lack of success in this, when over the last 30 years Directors and Managers have tried to buy the "finished product" to ensure we win things rather than focus on our long-term well-being.

This would obviously require investment, structures and networks being put in place, confidence in our decisions, and most of all - patience (from both the Club and the fans).

Sorry for going off-topic.

If the current owners wish to foster younger players , either coming through Auchenhowie or buy buying players that have shown the potential to make it big as in sign them up and cash in after a couple of years.

Scouting at the senior level within the club is a bit like one man and his dog.

If the current owners wish to foster younger players , either coming through Auchenhowie or buy buying players that have shown the potential to make it big as in sign them up and cash in after a couple of years.

Scouting at the senior level within the club is a bit like one man and his dog.

Do you know this guy Neil Murray? I read earlier on in this thread that you did or is that just some one taking the piss?

(tu)

Take it you haven't spoken to him for a while? Do you know if he has been able to scout players for us or do we just watch youtube or go onto football manager to scout players?

Did he get many games for us when he got into the 1st team?

Spoke to him last summer as players in for training/signing talks..............then a couple of moths ago and text this morning. Yes he played enough games to pick up winners medal and scored in SCF at the immigrants stadium against the mehmeh.

Spoke to him last summer as players in for training/signing talks..............then a couple of moths ago and text this morning. Yes he played enough games to pick up winners medal and scored in SCF at the immigrants stadium against the mehmeh.

(tu)

Even though he's suspended is he still scouting about for players? Any idea why he's suspended?

The 'mehmeh' :lol: