New manager thread

something like 8k people didnt renew last year, they were easily replaced

Easily replaced when prices were £100/£150 odd cheaper than usual and there was a massive feel-good factor around the club with Green taking over. Not to mention the sheer show of defiance against those who tried to destroy us.

I'm not so sure there will be such a clamour for season tickets this summer should these doubts and uncertainty about McCoist continue, or escalate.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Ally has done such a bad job. We are miles clear in this division. Performances have been lacklustre at times, but our playing squad is depleted and young. Season ticket sales will not be affected, for every bear that might chuck it there will always be ten more waiting. I expected a lot worse when we dropped down, I think the expectation from some of the fans that wed build some kind of Barcelona b passing team in the third division is unrealistic. Truth of the matter is players we have are either not ready for the step up or are playing now at the level of their capability. We don't even know if we move up a league yet or if its same business next season. Ally in my mind is the man to take us forward, he just needs the players in that will allow us to move in the right direction, and for that we need Green to pull out the cash.

A bit of sense finally.

Fuck terry butcher, we need to go foreign like gio, a good attraction for young players

Sack Ally McCoist and fuck Terry Butcher??? Quality pal. With loyalty like yours I think you would be better off sticking to your computer and giving Ibrox a wide berth...but I'm guessing that's probably what you do already. Both men are Rangers legends and at the very least deserve some respect for THEIR loyalty to the cause over the years.

Fuck me...everybody knows we haven't been playing well and have players in the squad just now who are not up to Rangers standards at any level but some people on here need to get a grip. "Season tickets won't be renewed if Ally McCoist is still in charge"...well if anybody does not want to come and watch The Rangers play because the one of the very few (Sandy Jardine included) who had enough balls and passion to stand up and be counted for our club and see us through the darkest period in our 140 year history when plenty of others hid, is allowed some time to have a bit of time to get things right, then quite frankly I wouldn't welcome any of you back and would rather sit in a half empty stadium with proper bluenoses who live for going to see Rangers no matter what...good and bad...the same lot of you who only remembered your way to Ibrox in the 80's when the Souness era arrived. Me and my Da could pick our seats anywhere in the ground in the early 80's and seeing the blue jerseys run out the tunnel was still the highlight of my week. If my Da and I along with my boy now have to do to that again next season then so be it at least the ones left in the stadium will follow on regardless. LOYALTY!!!

If a new manager was to come in and try change our whole footballing style people would be calling for head after our first defeat/draw. People will complain like fuck about anything regardless of whos in charge.

Totally agree. Paul le Guen anybody???

I get the impression that this is happening too. I don't think McCoist is the man Green wants in charge. Ally is doing enough to turn the fans against him as it is so I imagine Green is sitting back and waiting for the right moment.

Is it not more likely that Allys reluctance to slaughter his team in his post match interviews is not because he is oblivious to the issues we have but is in fact an attempt to protect his players and their confidence (particularly the younger lads), which must be hanging by a thread atm.

Is it not more likely that Allys reluctance to slaughter his team in his post match interviews is not because he is oblivious to the issues we have but is in fact an attempt to protect his players and their confidence (particularly the younger lads), which must be hanging by a thread atm.

Got to agree, rotten teeth slams his players constantly, smacks of insecurity and sends the wrong message, no class.

Got to agree, rotten teeth slams his players constantly, smacks of insecurity and sends the wrong message, no class.

Its one thing that is obvious he has gleaned from Walter. Even when we were rotten and sitting 10 points behind the mhankys Walter always protected his players and more often than not they repaid him by kicking on and winning titles.

Its one thing that is obvious he has gleaned from Walter. Even when we were rotten and sitting 10 points behind the mhankys Walter always protected his players and more often than not they repaid him by kicking on and winning titles.

Wattie got it from Alex Ferguson, give the players the hair dryer treatment in the dressing room, never in public.

McCoist was told to one single thing this season - only one. Get promotion.

Now assuming that the braintrust at Hampden don't conspire to stop this, he will have been successful.

For those who say ST sales will fall if Ally is still there - will YOU be going next season?

Or was this season just defiance like others have claimed?

I'll be there for the 29th season.

Ally will be remembered as a legend as a player and as the man who steered us through the troubled time of last year, now his primary function is as first team manager and its been obvious for some time that the job of manager is beyond his capabilities. He's a good man but not a good manager.

Absolutely. He might be the greatest ever Ranger but that doesn't mean he's a great football manager.

McCoist was told to one single thing this season - only one. Get promotion.

Now assuming that the braintrust at Hampden don't conspire to stop this, he will have been successful.

For those who say ST sales will fall if Ally is still there - will YOU be going next season?

Or was this season just defiance like others have claimed?

I'll be there for the 29th season.

It would be wonderful if it was that black and white, I'm disabled through an industrial accident and have been stretched to the limit this season, I really want to renew but it's made much more difficult when you just don't see anything that resembles good coaching or direction at the club, I was one of the supporters that stood firm when thousands deserted (Grieg era) but I can't for the life of me see a manager here. That being the case should I go without heating or food to subsidise what I think is a man who in my opinion will take the club backwards?

It would be wonderful if it was that black and white, I'm disabled through an industrial accident and have been stretched to the limit this season, I really want to renew but it's made much more difficult when you just don't see anything that resembles good coaching or direction at the club, I was one of the supporters that stood firm when thousands deserted (Grieg era) but I can't for the life of me see a manager here. That being the case should I go without heating or food to subsidise what I think is a man who in my opinion will take the club backwards?

It's up to the individual. Of course if you're going to have to go without food and heat then it doesn't make sense. Take care of yourself and your family first.

If people can afford it then I'd hope they see the benefit of hanging in there. For me it feels like my duty to renew. I didn't live through the JG era but I get the feeling it clouds the issue for some now.

It's up to the individual. Of course if you're going to have to go without food and heat then it doesn't make sense. Take care of yourself and your family first.

If people can afford it then I'd hope they see the benefit of hanging in there. For me it feels like my duty to renew. I didn't live through the JG era but I get the feeling it clouds the issue for some now.

I know how crucial this period in our history is but we can't allow blind loyalty to one man,any man affect our vision for the club I did that through the Grieg ere and called all the supporters that stayed away scabs. I now know this was wrong we just prolonged the agony. All that said I'll be at deaths door before not renewing I'm just letting off steam.

I know how crucial this period in our history is but we can't allow blind loyalty to one man,any man affect our vision for the club I did that through the Grieg ere and called all the supporters that stayed away scabs. I now know this was wrong we just prolonged the agony. All that said I'll be at deaths door before not renewing I'm just letting off steam.

I understand.

But my blind loyalty is to Rangers. Doesn't matter who the manager is. Yes, I think the manager deserves a bit more time but whether he stays or goes I'll still be there.

We are Rangers supporters. We were here Then, we are here Now, we'll be here Forever.

I understand.

But my blind loyalty is to Rangers. Doesn't matter who the manager is. Yes, I think the manager deserves a bit more time but whether he stays or goes I'll still be there.

We are Rangers supporters. We were here Then, we are here Now, we'll be here Forever.

Agreed - I will be here no matter who the manager is - I just think Ally is the man to take us forward at this moment in time. Would I be pissed if he got the heave ho now - yes - would it disminish my support - No.

Neil Warnock and Charles are mates are they not? :matron:

So I have heard, and honestly I would jump at the chance to have Neil - he would guide us back to the top with ease - not sure how well he would do when we got there, but I'd feel more confident in our progress with him at the helm.

So I have heard, and honestly I would jump at the chance to have Neil - he would guide us back to the top with ease - not sure how well he would do when we got there, but I'd feel more confident in our progress with him at the helm.

I appreciate joey Barton isn't the bastion of truth and credibility but he was very critical of warnock in terms of his tactics (lack of), coaching, style of play etc! Effectively all the same complaints many of us have re ally!

If a new manager did come in then it really needs to be someone forward thinking who will develop our style of play, coaching and club philosophy, don't see warnock being the man to do that!

Agreed - I will be here no matter who the manager is - I just think Ally is the man to take us forward at this moment in time. Would I be pissed if he got the heave Y now - yes - would it disminish my support - No.

Yeah thats how I feel, we each have to go with our own beliefs.

• 3 weeks later...