Charles Green tells Ally the Clubs expectations for next year

Bluepeter9

Dear Ally,

We would like to thank you for securing the club and for delivering the SFL3 Championship. It is extremely pleasing to have taken the first step forward on our Journey back to the top.

It is with respect for your background with this club that we should lay down some clear targets for you to achieve next season if you are to remain as Manager going forward.

Clearly we must see an improvement in the style of play next year and the club expects to see something like the style of play shown by Barcalona, Swansea and of course our neighbours across the city, Celtic.

The club expect you to deliver the style of play mainly with the youth players you already have at our disposal. We do not wish to hinder your team building so you may sign any youth (under 18) that you want and we will provide some board and lodgings, and if we can get a training grant a small wage for these players. The club must take great care of future profits and as the youth are cheap that is the model we prefer.

We know that as a coach you did not get a full pre-season last year but we are fully prepared to fund a trip to the east coast, (I have heard Burntisland is lovely) and after the pre-season you and your coaching staff should have these players zinging passes around with slick one-twos and fully capable of destroying teams in SFL2 next season.

Additionally, we though we should make our targets clearly measurable so we believe that delivering the league title should be possible without any defeats, and in fact to even draw in this league would reflect badly on you, your staff and the whole infrastructure of the club. Target 1 is "No points Dropped".

As you will have coached the team through a full pre-season and as we have some ex-SPL players on our books we also feel that you should win the majority of the cup games as well. There was some debate at board level as to wether we should expect you to win all the cups but we do understand that our friends across the city, may prove stiff opposition, and so we will accept not winning the Scottish Cup (although we do expect a final appearence) as long as that final is against our friend we could tolerate a loss, this year. (Next year we expect a clean sweep of every competition we enter).

I must also reitterate that season ticket sales are down to the style of play so any dip in ticket sales can only reflect badly on you and your coaching staff so please ensure all our fans, get all they want, all of the time - this is imperative to my future wealth.

As you can see the club are fully behind you and please let me know of any further resources you may require and providing they are at zero cost or lower we shall endeavour to help. (Looking at the season before we took over we did like the Aluko Model of players paying to play for us).

Please also not that come the January transfer window any player that attracts financial interest from any other team is ligly to be sold so please ensure you have depth of new talent coming through.

Yours

Charles Green

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek

Can never understand why people think a bit of personal abuse is the correct response to something they disagree with. Do you really imagine the OP will give a shit if people he doesn't know have a dig at him? Just seems pointless.

I think you're being unduly pessimistic anyway, BP9. New season, new hopes. Have a good summer away from football and come back recharged. Upwards (dependent on reconstruction, of course) and onwards!

I note its the Ally Out Brigade that dont like this - I wonder what targets should be set for next season ? Is Ally allowed to draw or lose a game without multiple threads calling for his head, does every game need to be won by at least 3 goals to prevent multiple Ally out threads ? What targets do the Ally Out brigade think are acceptable ?

I note its the Ally Out Brigade that dont like this - I wonder what targets should be set for next season ? Is Ally allowed to draw or lose a game without multiple threads calling for his head, does every game need to be won by at least 3 goals to prevent multiple Ally out threads ? What targets do the Ally Out brigade think are acceptable ?

The fact you are still going on about results just proves that you only read what you want to suit your chip on the shoulder agenda.....it's quite sad that a man of your age is so immature and linear in his thinking!

However, il bite.....the targets he should be setting himself and the team are; to develop a progressive philosophy that involves retaining possession and pressing high and quick, improve the tempo and approach to games, develop the attitude and fitness of players, to play with more freedom and attacking intent, if he intends to stick with 4-2-3-1 then get players in suited to that system, work on set pieces, work with the defence, stop making excuses, blood as many youngsters as possible at this level and wear a suit (insert winking smiley guy)....

In terms of result driven targets (assuming we are in SFL2).... Win promotion (winning every game is neither essential or a concern assuming we are moving in the right direction and trying to improve), put in a better challenge in the cups (even if we get knocked out by an SPL team fair enough but we go out with a fight), win the ramsdens cup to add to our trophy room.....

As I said in the other thread about expectations they should be

Win SD2 and the Ramsdens Cup

Attempt to play more attractive football

Show more heart and fight in the other domestic cups although we will still ultimately come up short

Hardly ground breaking, over the top expectations IMO but, yeah, whatever.

The fact you are still going on about results just proves that you only read what you want to suit your chip on the shoulder agenda.....it's quite sad that a man of your age is so immature and linear in his thinking!

However, il bite.....the targets he should be setting himself and the team are; to develop a progressive philosophy that involves retaining possession and pressing high and quick, improve the tempo and approach to games, develop the attitude and fitness of players, to play with more freedom and attacking intent, if he intends to stick with 4-2-3-1 then get players in suited to that system, work on set pieces, work with the defence, stop making excuses, blood as many youngsters as possible at this level and wear a suit (insert winking smiley guy)....

In terms of result driven targets (assuming we are in SFL2).... Win promotion (winning every game is neither essential or a concern assuming we are moving in the right direction and trying to improve), put in a better challenge in the cups (even if we get knocked out by an SPL team fair enough but we go out with a fight), win the ramsdens cup to add to our trophy room.....

Thanks - pretty close to what I wrote - I perhaps should have added one or two :pipe: 's' to my OP - but essentially you agree with my OP.

As I said in the other thread about expectations they should be

Win SD2 and the Ramsdens Cup

Attempt to play more attractive football

Show more heart and fight in the other domestic cups although we will still ultimately come up short

Hardly ground breaking, over the top expectations IMO but, yeah, whatever.

Seems sensible - not sure some will accept that word 'attempt' re: attractive football. I suspect if we manage these goals there will still be people calling for his head every draw/win we experience but as you say - whatever.

Thanks - pretty close to what I wrote - I perhaps should have added one or two :pipe: 's' to my OP - but essentially you agree with my OP.

Do what you want but the constant preaching and attitude that you are a better fan than anyone else is getting boring!

Do what you want but the constant preaching and attitude that you are a better fan than anyone else is getting boring!

says the man who starts a post:

"The fact you are still going on about results just proves that you only read what you want to suit your chip on the shoulder agenda.....it's quite sad that a man of your age is so immature and linear in his thinking!"

You always get personal and love to preach others - pretty hypocritical really - and I may be boring #likeIcare - its a shame that supporting the manager is boring - but your posts with your Ally out agenda are quite volumious in nature and I suspect you love to have personal digs at me because I constantly pick you up on it.