Reconstruction to fail?.

gogzy

Thats the real cause that's driving the change. They wrecked their league and now want everyone to bail them out.

If these clubs are financially mismanaged and go bust, that's their lookout and they should be punished.

No mercy.

Purely in the interests of sporting integrity you understand.

Now watch as the SPL tries to buy, blackmail or bully the buddies and RC into lying down.

The tims will look to start threats of boycotts, despite their stance on such a thing.

This was one of Gilmours arguments yesterday. He said if St Mirren could cut their cloth accordingly, live within their means, and still win things like the cup, then other teams should be able to do so to. And if they don;t run their club correctly then that's their problem.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the real cause that's driving the change. They wrecked their league and now want everyone to bail them out.

If these clubs are financially mismanaged and go bust, that's their lookout and they should be punished.

No mercy.

Purely in the interests of sporting integrity you understand.

Now watch as the SPL tries to buy, blackmail or bully the buddies and RC into lying down.

The tims will look to start threats of boycotts, despite their stance on such a thing.

The tims will start a boycott, like they do their own home games etc. other clubs having to cut their cloth, it has only been the dundee utd fud that said at the weekend that this will be a disaster if its a no vote. Then you have dundee that shouldn't have been in the top flight this year and only got in so they could boost the dundee derby for sky and the gate money. maybe no football in dundee in a few years.

if teams like St midden can live on a lower income, and a few clubs go under then they could be a top 6 club every year.

The dundee chairman has had a lot to say today. Saying if change isn't delivered for next season then some sphel and SFL1 clubs will go under.

See I don't get this....what difference will reconstruction make? Will it bring in more fans or a better tv deal? No! If its just about the redistribution of wealth why not go ahead with that whilst keeping the same structure? Oh that's right the bottom 18 won't get an extra penny so rangers fans are needed to subsidise this....

Has anyone phoned one of these radio stations and asked for a straight answer to why it must be next season?

See I don't get this....what difference will reconstruction make? Will it bring in more fans or a better tv deal? No! If its just about the redistribution of wealth why not go ahead with that whilst keeping the same structure? Oh that's right the bottom 18 won't get an extra penny so rangers fans are needed to subsidise this....

Has anyone phoned one of these radio stations and asked for a straight answer to why it must be next season?

OK, if reconstruction is about redistributing wealth, then why on earth would SPL clubs be in danger of going under if reconstruction does not go ahead?

OK, if reconstruction is about redistributing wealth, then why on earth would SPL clubs be in danger of going under if reconstruction does not go ahead?

they have a TV deal but only a few have seen it, but they need Rangers to have games shown on the TV to generate that money and the current deal is only for this year.

they have a TV deal but only a few have seen it, but they need Rangers to have games shown on the TV to generate that money and the current deal is only for this year.

We as Rangers fans know that, but the SPL will not admit that.

I thought that the Dundee chairman slipped up last night on BBC Scotland by saying that SPL teams would be in danger without reconstruction. Not one of the presenters picked this up or questioned him further.

The SPL are aiming this reconstruction at SFL Div1 teams, but no one in the media is questioning what benefits the SPL are going to get out of it,

I thought that the Dundee chairman slipped up last night on BBC Scotland by saying that SPL teams would be in danger without reconstruction. Not one of the presenters picked this up or questioned him further.

The SPL are aiming this reconstruction at SFL Div1 teams, but no one in the media is questioning what benefits the SPL are going to get out of it,

exactly. The only reason they are prepared to give some money away is because they are likely to lose more.

I can't find what the new spl payments would be for them next year, but it's only one club who will benefit under the scheme the league winners still take a good size of the money pot and get at least one home game in the CL qualifiers the team second will only get around 500K with the largest chunk of that money going down to the SFL1 clubs. and the rest of the clubs will have to do what they are told. Why the media aren't asking these questions we both no why.

Proposed changes to Scottish football have suffered a setback after it emerged that information required for clubs to vote on the matter has not been provided.

Clubs in the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League are being asked to consider new leagues of 12, 12 and 18 from the present four.

But it is understood that the SFL has still not allowed access to documents.

SFL clubs are due to vote on the proposal next Friday.

Following a meeting between Scottish football's three governing bodies, the SFL had requested assistance from the Scottish Football Association in providing financial due diligence.

That is seen as vital to help clubs decide how to vote on the proposed new set-up, which would result in a merger between the two league bodies.

However, it is believed that, despite requests from the SFA, the SFL has still not allowed access to its financial details.

That information was originally expected last Wednesday.

“I am quite hopeful there's going to be a lot of pressure put on lots of people this week”

Stephen Thompson Dundee United chairman

The SFL vote would be scrapped should the SPL clubs fail to achieve the required 11-1 majority in their own ballot on Monday.

Motherwell have become the latest SPL club to say they will vote in favour of the new league structure.

However, St Mirren have already come out strongly against the proposal and Ross County chairman Roy McGregor has voiced his own doubts.

McGregor has, though, stressed that he sees some merit in the proposals and that it will be a decision for the Dingwall club's whole board at its meeting on Friday.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes that there is still time to change the mind of clubs who might be against the proposal.

"It is not dead at all and I'm quite excited that we might be able to do something to change the game in Scotland," he told BBC Scotland.

"I am quite hopeful there's going to be a lot of pressure put on lots of people this week.

"If people think there's another option on the table, there's no other option on the table.

"It's this or nothing else and I think it could be many years before we get back to the table and get as many clubs in agreement about taking the game forward."

Thompson insisted that his club was not voting out of self interest as there were aspects of the proposal with which United are not totally happy.

"It's not perfect, but there's enough in it for my club to vote for it," he said.

"There's a huge amount at stake here. I am trying to take my club hat off and think of Scottish football.

"If it was purely about my own club, I wouldn't vote for this because in some respects it gives you a great chance of being relegated."

Thompson believes that First Division clubs, presently struggling to maintain full-time playing squads, would benefit most from the proposed redistribution of income.

It is believed that all but one Division One club are in favour of the proposal.