CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

It was a soundbite in response to the singing, i'd pretty much forgotten about it to be honest.

Like I said, he can be criticised and I think he's got this wrong. But the man has done a lot for our club and deserves more than you calling for his head after less than a year in the job.

Green's here to line his pocket. You believe it's something else? Fill your boots.

And Green would have me and fellow Rangers supporters banned from Ibrox for singing songs. But, we've to hold fire on asking him to sling his hook when he starts trying to explain away when it's ok to call another a 'Paki'?

It's so far beneath what I expect of a man in charge of our club it's beyond belief.

My point is though is he is saying (well IMO he is) that he wants to revert back to the days of say what you want but he wasn't this upfront when it came to the fans singing a song. Now ask anyone from any walk of life, do you find racism or singing against Fenians more deplorable and other than Peter Kearney we know the answer.

This is from Moses McNeil further up the page from green

Green in the Telegraph last week: “Sectarianism, or any form of race or religious discrimination, is not acceptable in any way shape or form, not in the work place, not in a football stadium,”

Green promised to ban anyone involved in such behaviour. Indeed, labelled anyone refusing to grass those around them doing so as 'just as bad'.

I don't think for a minute green is harking back to the past or contradicting himself on his previous comments, he was merely making an observation that nowadays people will take offence and jump on anything even if it is said in a friendly/jovial context with no racial or prejudiced connotations....his view is fair and accurate IMO BUT as CEO of rangers he shouldn't be speaking of such matters and must be more guarded in what he says!

Agree to disagree on this one and the interpretation of it....no doubt the Tims will be all over it anyway so wel be told how to view it by them....he has done so many good things for us in a short time and in many ways I like his casual way of addressing the media and fans but he has to realise especially in this environment that every little thing he says will be analysed and ridiculed or critisiced and he has to be smarter....

Just so I know I've got the jist of this. Green says we can't sing or shout Fenian, but he can use darky and paki.

While some of us demand we can shout Fenian but are outraged by green using the word paki and darky?

Not sure who is more confused about morality.

As I pointed out in an earlier post context IS everything and explains how a white male in Stoke found not guilty of racist abuse when calling a black friend n****r. . The term was used between friends as CF uses it with IA . Why telling the truth about conversations between friends is offensive is anyone's guess. As for Darkie Johnson I believe this was what he was called by everyone at the time it wasn't some random offensive name CG. used of his own volition.

The hysterical. reaction by some says far more about them than it does about Chases Green.

Greens here to line his pocket. You believe it's something else? Fill your boots.

And Green would have me and fellow Rangers supporters banned from Ibrox for singing songs. But, we've to hold fire on asking him to sling his hook when he starts trying to explain away when it's ok to call another a 'Paki'?

It's so far beneath what I expect of a man in charge of our club it's beyond belief.

I'm unsure of your point, any non-Rangers fan would be here for cash. We needed buyers however, and I think Green is enjoying is role and the challenge to get us back to the top, and is in no hurray to leave.

He had to have a strong response to the singing, you know it and I know it. This is nothing that can't blow over especially if he apologises. He's got it wrong, is by no means perfect and can be criticised and even warned. But there's no need at all for people to want him to go over this.

The OP's quite right to be offened!

If CG had came out and said all our supporters a good wee h*ns, would none of you be offended?

Yes of course cause we all know its those across the city that are the h*** with links to supporting Nazis.

Is it ok to call us Jocks then ? See Jock /Wallace Stein .

I must admit he is coming out with Quite a bit of Shite now , and I think he needs to stay away from the Mhedia for a while either, that Stick to the Business side of Things and not get Involved in this Shit.

Some of what he is coming out with isn't required now .

He certainly does irony.

You're banned from watching Rangers for life if you dare say something "sectarian" yet behind closed doors he'll call associates "paki's".

Magic.

One's illegal, as our fucked-up law stands............the other isn't.

Fairly straight forward?!

"Right now" what good are Charles Green's media appearances doing? I don't know if any good they're doing. Oh sorry, he said something funny about "googly eyes"...

Maybe I miss your point. You started with he is doing more harm than good so he should leave. Then to I don't know what good he is doing, which just means you don't have a perception of gain to my mind, therefore without that perception or perspective to make a debate, so you throw in an irrelevance to sum up your point.

Point well made I'd think.

WATP

Why are you so offended? Imran clearly isn't and it's obviously not meant as an insult.

I've never met any Asian who is offended by the word 'Paki' unless it's followed or led by an insult.

I have a good number of Asian friends, and have had for most of my life, and amongst my friends the only ones who would be insulted by the word "paki" are the ones of Indian descent.

Can't say that's his best interview or that I like his unnecessarily frank views and revealing them so glibly.

However, I care less about political correctness than Rangers and his record is certainly good on that aspect.

Nonetheless, he has needlessly created a shitstorm for himself and the club that we do not need. The media will love this and spin it for all it's worth.

Foolish move Charles. Think a bit more before doing damage.

(tu)

Not offended in the sightest by what he said, and i am guessing IA is not offended either, and his opinion is the one that would matter here IMO.

But I agree, sometimes he ets his mouth get the better of him lol.