Does Charles Green want to Sack Ally McCoist?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I think CG recognises a need for change and has said to Ally I think you are the man to move us forward but you need to look at backroom staff or it could cost you your job. Freshen things up get fresh ideas change the your style of play as he and the rest of us are not enjoying his brand of football on display.

If Ally wasn't who he was Green would have him out the door. Rightly or wrongly.

With ST renewal just around the corner Green will not want to be seen to be the man who punts Super Ally. Hence this routine of trying to make Ally make his mind for himself.

people are going on about Green forcing allys hand or isolating him, where exactly is he doing this? the people the board have got rid of needed to go IMO.

Durrant and McDowell should be out at the end of the season but Ally should be able to see that they're not cutting it and the decision should be his. If we are to get the best from the youth we need disciplined coaches to instill that into them, established players already have the work ethic in them, our youth it would appear, do not.

If Green says that the coaches should go and Ally disagrees with him then IMO Ally can't see what is holding him back - he needs a new set up, not a continuation of Smiths regime, he doesn't have the players to try and replicate what Smith did and the majority of fans want to see youth flourish at Auchenhowie, something which IMO hasn't happened which again comes back to the coaching.

Only if Ally agrees to the shake up and he selects his coaching team,otherwise it will be a disaster because if the new coaching team aren't singing from the same hymn sheet as the manager, it's curtains.

Of course!

Ally will have plenty of contacts throughout the UK if he does agree to changes and does appoint his own choices it will show what his football philosophy really is.

people are going on about Green forcing allys hand or isolating him, where exactly is he doing this? the people the board have got rid of needed to go IMO.

Durrant and McDowell should be out at the end of the season but Ally should be able to see that they're not cutting it and the decision should be his. If we are to get the best from the youth we need disciplined coaches to instill that into them, established players already have the work ethic in them, our youth it would appear, do not.

If Green says that the coaches should go and Ally disagrees with him then IMO Ally can't see what is holding him back - he needs a new set up, not a continuation of Smiths regime.

As much as the changes are needed I don't think any manager should have those sort of changes forced upon him.

Of course!

Ally will have plenty of contacts throughout the UK if he does agree to changes and does appoint his own choices it will show what his football philosophy really is.

This is where the waters get murky,doc.It's ok Ally having contacts throughout the UK and possibly even abroad, but if he wants to appoint Messrs X,Y and Z as his coaching team and Green is of the opinion that X,Y and Z aren't what the board deem the right people, it's back to square one.

It will all depend on exactly what they see as Ally's remit regarding any new coaching staff IF there is any truth to this story.

My honest opinion?

Ally and Green met post-takeover and had a discussion, Green made it clear that he wanted his own man in the job, but wanted McCoist to stay for a year or so, in order to try and keep fans on-side, keep ST renewals high, and provide the continuity required to end the "different club" nonsense. It was for the good of the club that Ally stayed. Ally agreed it was for the good of the club and stayed on, knowing that this Summer or next he would leave the club, following a number of fallouts with Green. McCoist will state his position untenable and leave.

This provided McCoist with a chance to advance as a manager elsewhere or return to punditry/QoS, Green a chance to appoint his own man without being the guy that sacked Ally McCoist, and the new manager wouldn't be hated off of the bat for not being Ally McCoist. These fallouts are public, and almost always on issues where fans are quite frankly going to agree with Green (team aren't good enough, back room staff are useless etc).

I don't have any evidence obviously, just what I feel is happening. I think Green is moving Ally out of the door, but I think they're both in on it.

FAO ADMIN BIN ALL THESE THREADS THEY ARE DAIN MY FKN HEED IN!!

Well said Dunny, :clap: there are too many 'outsiders' that would love to see our club perish without our own helping them.

We have still got a club to support, we have just won our league, we have a manager who bleeds blue, someone in charge who will stand up for the club,

Fair enough, there are a few things to iron out but FFS the moaning only makes the unwashed rub their hands with glee.

Onward and upward, there never was, nor shall there ever be any surrender.

My honest opinion?

Ally and Green met post-takeover and had a discussion, Green made it clear that he wanted his own man in the job, but wanted McCoist to stay for a year or so, in order to try and keep fans on-side, keep ST renewals high, and provide the continuity required to end the "different club" nonsense. It was for the good of the club that Ally stayed. Ally agreed it was for the good of the club and stayed on, knowing that this Summer or next he would leave the club, following a number of fallouts with Green. McCoist will state his position untenable and leave.

This provided McCoist with a chance to advance as a manager elsewhere or return to punditry/QoS, Green a chance to appoint his own man without being the guy that sacked Ally McCoist, and the new manager wouldn't be hated off of the bat for not being Ally McCoist. These fallouts are public, and almost always on issues where fans are quite frankly going to agree with Green (team aren't good enough, back room staff are useless etc).

I don't have any evidence obviously, just what I feel is happening. I think Green is moving Ally out of the door, but I think they're both in on it.

The timing may not be the best though what with all the Whyte rubbish.

I think it should all be about football reasons but i've seen plenty go on about Ally needing to be there to be the 'man on the inside' etc.

What CEO in their right mind would sack a manager who has just won a fucking title for christ sake? (excluding Abramovich and that El Presidente of Real Madrid,of course)

If Green sacks Ally, Ibrox will be half empty next season

Ozblue if ally keeps producing the same shite we have watched all season Ibrox will be half empty next season....The past two home attendances should be a warning to green that the fans won't tolorate watching pish.

Ozblue if ally keeps producing the same shite we have watched all season Ibrox will be half empty next season....The past two home attendances should be a warning to green that the fans won't tolorate watching pish.

what does yhe last two home attendances tell you?

Well said Dunny, :clap: there are too many 'outsiders' that would love to see our club perish without our own helping them.

We have still got a club to support, we have just won our league, we have a manager who bleeds blue, someone in charge who will stand up for the club,

Fair enough, there are a few things to iron out but FFS the moaning only makes the unwashed rub their hands with glee.

Onward and upward, there never was, nor shall there ever be any surrender.

Totally agree with this, all you see on here recently are NEGATIVE threads of one thing or another, you'd think we have some timposters on here or something............ :craphead:

I think he probably regrets how big a contract he gave Ally, but he probably realises that if he sacks him the fans will turn against him, particularly in light of recent press skullduggerry.

The sad thing is this will probably keep Ally boss. Legend that he is, he doesn't have what it takes and I fear we are only delaying the inevitable sacking next season if the team are still half as bad.