Finally a Sheriff speaks out about the naughty song law!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont though. The RC Schools teach about various religions, they focus more on Catholicism, but they do teach about tolerance of others.

To be honest, all religions are pretty daft, so I dont think any of them should be dealt with in a class room.

they still hold mass etc.

I don't see why two sessions of RE like every other fucking school in the country isn't enough for these brainwashed bigoted waen raping bastards

they still hold mass etc.

I don't see why two sessions of RE like every other fucking school in the country isn't enough for these brainwashed bigoted waen raping bastards

Aye, but it hardly makes it sectarian!

There isnt all that much churchy stuff in them either. Its not like RE twice a day followed by a hour long mass.

There isnt all that much churchy stuff in them either. Its not like RE twice a day followed by a hour long mass.

You seem awfully defensive of the paedophile rings schooling system?

They're taught during mass that their religion is the one true religion. They're also deliberately being kept away from children of Protestant, atheist, Jewish, Muslim etc up bringing. Their is no other cause for these schools other than to divide

You seem awfully defensive of the paedophile rings schooling system?

They're taught during mass that their religion is the one true religion. They're also deliberately being kept away from children of Protestant, atheist, Jewish, Muslim etc up bringing. Their is no other cause for these schools other than to divide

All fecking religions preach that their religion is the one true religion. Ive yet to hear of one that preaches for an hour and then says "oh by the way, this is likely all nonsense, but the church down the road is pretty much bang on!".

If we want to go the whole hog, ban all religion, or at least make it only for 18+. What does that do if not segregate? Whats the difference if a child goes to mass on a Sunday and gets told their religion is the one true religion, or go during a school session and get told? Same thing at the end of the day.

Your comment about them deliberately keeping them away from children of other faiths is just nonsense.

All fecking religions preach that their religion is the one true religion. Ive yet to hear of one that preaches for an hour and then says "oh by the way, this is likely all nonsense, but the church down the road is pretty much bang on!".

If we want to go the whole hog, ban all religion, or at least make it only for 18+. What does that do if not segregate? Whats the difference if a child goes to mass on a Sunday and gets told their religion is the one true religion, or go during a school session and get told? Same thing at the end of the day.

Your comment about them deliberately keeping them away from children of other faiths is just nonsense.

Are you kidding me on? :lol:

If you want to practice religion church and chapel are the places for that. Are you telling me its correct for children to go to nursery together and when the time comes to go to school, young James can't understand why Alan and Sean, who were his friends and only stay two minutes away from him are being sent to a school purely because of religion?

Why should children of 4 and 5 be separated for one simple reason, their parents want them kept with "their own"

If you do not believe that denominational schools are bigoted and sectarian then you should follow the link for the true definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarianism

Are you kidding me on? :lol:

If you want to practice religion church and chapel are the places for that. Are you telling me its correct for children to go to nursery together and when the time comes to go to school, young James can't understand why Alan and Sean, who were his friends and only stay two minutes away from him are being sent to a school purely because of religion?

Why should children of 4 and 5 be separated for one simple reason, their parents want them kept with "their own"

You do know that catholic kids go to non-doms and that non-catholic kids go to catholic schools right?

I agree with you that there is no place for religion in school, which is why I am against faith schools, but I also think there is no place for kids in church. Just provides another way of segregation from a young age.

Why must they be considered sectarian though?

The laws were brought in to stop sectarianism

According to the Interpretation Acts Catholic schools taken from the literal approach, could definitely be considered sectarian

Oxford dictionary;

adjective

• denoting or concerning a sect or sects:
  • <a name="sectarian__4" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; box-sizing: content-box; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(26, 99, 171);"> (of an action) carried out on the grounds of membership of a sect, denomination

Thus why non catholic schools have historically been 'coined' as non denominational, they have no religious affiliations. Catholic schools exist so clearly somewhere they have an express or implied statutory right to do so, but, does that necessarily mean they have an express or implied right to not be considered sectarian?

You do know that catholic kids go to non-doms and that non-catholic kids go to catholic schools right?

I agree with you that there is no place for religion in school, which is why I am against faith schools, but I also think there is no place for kids in church. Just provides another way of segregation from a young age.

Yes I do know the 2 above things regarding schooling. However what's the point in having apartheid schooling when kids who are deemed fine to go to nursery together are then split up at school age?

If there are only non denominational schools then religion takes a back seat.

If you do not believe that denominational schools are bigoted and sectarian then you should follow the link for the true definition

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Sectarianism

But if you follow the definition, does it not suggest that religion itself is sectarian? Should we not just ban religion to do away with sectarianism?

Yes I do know the 2 above things regarding schooling. However what's the point in having apartheid schooling when kids who are deemed fine to go to nursery together are then split up at school age?

If there are only non denominational schools then religion takes a back seat.

I would agree you had a point if it was an enforced segregation, but its not, its choice. Catholic parents can send their kids to the local non-dom, and the non catholic parents can send their kids to the catholic school.

Again, why not ban religion which is the source of the segregation to begin with.

I would agree you had a point if it was an enforced segregation, but its not, its choice. Catholic parents can send their kids to the local non-dom, and the non catholic parents can send their kids to the catholic school.

Again, why not ban religion which is the source of the segregation to begin with.

The majority of Catholics will send their kids to the apartheid schools. Aye you'll get a token Protestant or Muslim there but they'll be surrounded by their own.

I'd ban the shite anyway its fucking nonsense

The majority of Catholics will send their kids to the apartheid schools. Aye you'll get a token Protestant or Muslim there but they'll be surrounded by their own.

I'd ban the shite anyway its fucking nonsense

I agree about the banning to be honest, dont agree with them.

Which you might find strange since im guessing you figured out that I actually went to one!

As much as I dont agree with them, I actually found my time there quite good. The religion stuff was no-where near as bad or regular as you might think. I was never treated as a lesser pupil, and they did teach the kids to respect other religions. And no, i wasnt fiddled with thankfully! ;)

Any segregation is wrong though, especially of kids, which is why I agree with your point, but I would not go so far as to say they are 'sectarian institutions' although their existence my encourage sectarian behaviour in society. Although that might come across as a contradiction, there is a difference.

Its a bit like Green using racist language, but not being racist if you know what i mean.

But if you follow the definition, does it not suggest that religion itself is sectarian? Should we not just ban religion to do away with sectarianism?

So you finally agree without realising it that SECTARIAN = BIGOTRY = denominational schools or are you blind.

R C and Muslim schools by definition focus on THEIR religion or they would not exist, as per the link and I quote "attaching importance to perceived differences such as between different denominations of religion"

CHECK MATE I believe or are you not open to the truth of the written word

So you finally agree without realising it that SECTARIAN = BIGOTRY = denominational schools or are you blind.

R C and Muslim schools by definition focus on THEIR religion or they would not exist, as per the link and I quote "attaching importance to perceived differences such as between different denominations of religion"

CHECK MATE I believe or are you not open to the truth of the written word

By the same logic Sectarian = Bigotry = Church of Scotland.

Do you agree with that?

By the same logic Sectarian = Bigotry = Church of Scotland.

Do you agree with that?

So you finally bring religion MINUS schools to your philosophy, thought we were talking about denominational schools ??, what has the church of scotland to do with it or are you just ignoring the blatant truths in the link to wikipedia and changing the topic to suit your agenda (as per teaching in R C schools)

So you finally bring religion MINUS schools to your philosophy, thought we were talking about denominational schools ??, what has the church of scotland to do with it or are you just ignoring the blatant truths in the link to wikipedia and changing the topic to suit your agenda (as per teaching in R C schools)

Dear god mate, have you been reading my posts. I've brought religion minus schools into it from the beginning of the thread.

I disagree with religious schools as I disagree with religion in general. its segregating kids and indoctrinating them at a young age.

As per your posts you INVITED an argument on the merits of why SCHOOLS are not sectarian, there was no mention of the same for religions.

The answers provided to you are based on the interpretation of sectarianism as defined by encyclopedia and prove beyond reasonable doubt that denominational based schools are bigoted and sectarian