Ross County to Vote NO

you're right mate.....this is what I saw, and obviously skimmed over it......you can see where I got the 100 from

"Right I am just back from the open forum and I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the turnout. Only 20 or so fans turned up on the night in what I feel is an important issue for the club and the future of Scottish Football. I concede that some folk will have had other commitments but surely we could muster at least 100.

Anyway they started tonight by taking a straw poll on the issue. 4 voted in favour of the proposals and 6 voted against the proposals and the remainder were undecided. I was one of people who voted against the proposals. The club went on to say that if the status quo remained they would lose at least £300k as a result of prize money dropping. They went on to say that the SKY have valued the 12-12-18 setup higher than the current setup in terms of TV revenues. Also from what was discussed I interpreted that there is a league sponsor lined up if they new system gets the green light. I also believe that this will be a gambling company and will be in the region of £1.8 million.

I

So basically their fans were more interested in what happened to us than the future of Scottish football

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the bbc website Macgregor still hoping something will be reached on Monday.

Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor still hopes compromise can be reached at Monday's Scottish Premier League meeting to vote on league reconstruction.

County's board met on Friday to decide how they would vote on the issue.

MacGregor told BBC Scotland: "I'm not going to say what decision we've reached until I tell the meeting on Monday, that's only fair.

"I'm an optimist though and I don't we see why we can't compromise."

MacGregor is an opponent of the plan to split into three leagues of eight and is concerned about the impact it could have on his season ticket customers

"I have to balance the interests of fans, shareholders and the long term future of the game," he said.

"I don't see why we can't take the good bits from the proposals. My big concern is for the First Division clubs, because I know what it's like to be there.

"There is a lot of good in the current proposals, and I don't see why we can't distribute a fairer share of the money now to the First Division.

"I would do that right now. And I think most fans would be happy to accept a play off place along with the one up one down."

SPL clubs are due to vote on the 12-12-18 proposal at Hampden on Monday, with an 11-1 majority needed to carry the plan.

Hearts, Aberdeen, Inverness CT, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Celtic are already expected to vote in favour of proposals to change Scotland's league structure in time for next season.

St Mirren plan to vote against the proposal.

Other features of the proposals include a revised financial distribution model and the merging of the SPL and SFL, with the Scottish Football Association having also been heavily involved in the protracted discussions.

But, if SPL clubs do not vote it through, it is likely the current make-up of 12-10-10-10 will continue for next season.

Unfortunately I reckon the SPL will spend the weekend trying to bribe, pressure or blackmail RC and St M into changing their vote.

They can't afford not to.

So much for sporting integrity, but then we never expected them to show any.

I really, really hope the 2 clubs stand firm and resist the pressure.

I was thinking this too. It's a clear win/win for StM and RC. If they vote against and several competitors go bust as a result, what's not to like about it?!

No. Surely nobody's that sneaky. Only joking by the way !

Motherwell confuse me on this.

They said they wouldn't decide until they had a meeting with their fans - which was supposed to happen last night (anyone know the outcome of this?).

But they were quoted as being in favour of reconstruction/takeover on Wednesday or Thursday?? - before they spoke to their fans?? = Weird!!

Not unless someone is releasing statements on behalf of these SPL clubs to keep the media campiagn going - Doncaster maybe? - wouldn't surprise me!!

It was reported on Rangerschat last night that 20 fans turned up at Motherwell to vote.10 abstained,6 voted no and 4 yes but the board have decided to vote for reconstruction..

It was reported on Rangerschat last night that 20 fans turned up at Motherwell to vote.10 abstained,6 voted no and 4 yes but the board have decided to vote for reconstruction..

If you read the post from the Motherwell fan who was there that's nonsense. The first round of voting most were against. In the second round after hearing from the board they voted in favour. Well more voted for than against

I hope Ross County do vote no, but I am waiting till Monday.

They should never have tried to rush this through. Had they began discussions for reconstruction to begin in Season 2014-2015 then it would have been better received, especially if fan's were listened to.

Instead the SPL behave like hypocrites, apart from those who stand firm.

IF this does die then i would like to hope that perhaps when we get back to the top, we might remember those two clubs and any others who stood firm.

I have a really horrible feeling that they will cave on Monday and it will be pushed through.

Ross County are sounding a bit more like they are just looking to negotiate a bigger payment for the second tier as they might feel that long term they will be down there.

at the end of the day it shouldn't matter how they vote.reconstruction half way through the season is illegal and should be fought in a court of law.and I would love to know if reconstruction went through and we are stuck in the bottom teir if the fans could sue the league for providing false information ie promotion for winning the league.another thing I would like to see challenged is this seasons tv deal 15 times on TV for 10 grand and pish like Aberdeen and Dundee united get more of our game than us .why the fuck are we sitting back and letting this happen.charles green has been good at making statements but I would love to hear from him on some of these issues.

at the end of the day it shouldn't matter how they vote.reconstruction half way through the season is illegal and should be fought in a court of law.and I would love to know if reconstruction went through and we are stuck in the bottom teir if the fans could sue the league for providing false information ie promotion for winning the league.another thing I would like to see challenged is this seasons tv deal 15 times on TV for 10 grand and pish like Aberdeen and Dundee united get more of our game than us .why the fuck are we sitting back and letting this happen.charles green has been good at making statements but I would love to hear from him on some of these issues.

I think the club could take it to court based on it breaking the rules, dont think the fans could take them to court though. The fans might actually have to take the club to court due to it being them that took the money, the club would I think then have to counter against the authorities.

This absolutely could go either way; judging by RC's statement, they're not hostile to compromise on what's being offered.

We know Doncaster is desperate for this to go through, and I wouldn't be surprised if the snake offers the apple and they take a bite.

The bottle's half empty for me on this one.....

:(

This absolutely could go either way; judging by RC's statement, they're not hostile to compromise on what's being offered.

We know Doncaster is desperate for this to go through, and I wouldn't be surprised if the snake offers the apple and they take a bite.

The bottle's half empty for me on this one.....

:(

I'm the opposite. I'm usually a pessimist but I really don't think there's any chance this will get voted through.